• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Can online friends last forever?

What do you guys think?

• Yes they can (explain why)

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • No (explain why)

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

Julia

Platinum
Reaction score
No they can't, the same way real life friendships can't last forever. People will eventually get bored of a game, the person, anything. Like in real life, people move and you may start off staying close, but eventually you will fade out. All it takes is a broken computer and somebody to move on and that friendship may be lost forever.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
I think online friendships can end. Anything can end tbh.. arguments happen, people avoid eachother, friends come and go, they move on to other things. But, then there's your friends who text you and talk to you everyday. I don't know online friends are "complicated"

GoldenChampion

Experienced
Reaction score
I feel you dude, literally all of my old online friendships are gone. What sucks is most of the time, the friendship is reliant on the game. Once they get bored of the game, it seems like it is very easy to forget about the people who helped make their playing experience what it was. Once you talk to an old friend you haven't talked to in months and months, it still isn't the same, and I guess that is how it works, at least for me. Nonetheless I hope you find more friends and there are plenty to choose from. The internet is a wonderful place but sadly it seems like what we do on here now is temporary but may leave a permanent mark on you and possibly your future. We do not live in a perfect world, remember that, and the internet can be a great place, it is just what you do with it! :D

ThaLichBD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think friends online Can't last forever due to the fact that always people leave to somewhere by any reason so its really hard to keep talking with someones after a long time, yes it's possibility but in a 20% of probs.

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
I think it depends on the effort you put into the relationship. If you really want to stay friends with an online friend, you'll do what it takes to stay friends :p

Creeper_GG

Diamond
Reaction score
hmmm. this is extremely controversial, I feel like MCSG has lost relevance, most friendships people develop are not ''real.'' But in some cases you can meet someone who you will always talk too and it seems like they will always be of importance. For the most part, if the connection is right with one another, sure, an online friendship can be just as developed as a IRL friendship.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Friends are people that stick with you until the very end. :)
^ This is very true and is what I will be going back to a lot, best quote!

Friends, are like family, but not related to you by blood.

Sure you may leave them, but friends have an everlasting effect on your life, their friendship may be dormant, but it's still there, it never leaves, always connected. Friends are always together, through anything, separation of land, or mortality.

Everyone always says that they miss their old friends, that's an example of people's friendships, you still think of them, as they probably think of you, it's funny how friendship never breaks like that.

Never.

cf918

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
^ This is very true and is what I will be going back to a lot, best quote!

Friends, are like family, but not related to you by blood.

Sure you may leave them, but friends have an everlasting effect on your life, their friendship may be dormant, but it's still there, it never leaves, always connected. Friends are always together, through anything, separation of land, or mortality.

Everyone always says that they miss their old friends, that's an example of people's friendships, you still think of them, as they probably think of you, it's funny how friendship never breaks like that.

Never.
Damn, Aristotle.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Damn, Aristotle.
That was actually very poorly written, like all my other posts, I attempt but I fail. :p

To sum it up:

Through:

mortality

distance

time

True friends are Forever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member