• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bring Back...

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Mobs were fun in SG3, all they need to do is disable them spawning at corn. Mobs actual boosted the games sometimes but getting some kills, speeding it up.

The games used to be more about cautiousness, choosing the time to attack, not running around in the open and hoping to get a good stuff from some chests to continue running around killing people openly.
IMO, The mobs destroyed more than what they brought. Because theres too many dark places on maps where they can spawn before you have the chance to get weapons, and a creeper deals a lot of damage if youre not prepared, Skeletons and OP. And spider are quick and hard to get around. It destryoed more than what it brought imo.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
IMO, The mobs destroyed more than what they brought. Because theres too many dark places on maps where they can spawn before you have the chance to get weapons, and a creeper deals a lot of damage if youre not prepared, Skeletons and OP. And spider are quick and hard to get around. It destryoed more than what it brought imo.
That was the point, you had to get prepared you had to be cautious, not even for other players. The only other thing that the environment has to kill off players are traps and they barely work very well.

The reason due to long games were not due to mobs, it was due to open maps such as sg4 and breeze where you can pretty much see anyone within your render distance.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That was the point, you had to get prepared you had to be cautious, not even for other players. The only other thing that the environment has to kill off players are traps and they barely work very well.

The reason due to long games were not due to mobs, it was due to open maps such as sg4 and breeze where you can pretty much see anyone within your render distance.
New players who arent used to MCSG or old players that are bad, will not have enough knowledge or skill to be able to handle the mobs, and that will drive away players from MCSG as well.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
New players who arent used to MCSG or old players that are bad, will not have enough knowledge or skill to be able to handle the mobs, and that will drive away players from MCSG as well.
I doubt it, mobs are very, very easy to kill.. Anyone who has ever played Minecraft would know how to handle mobs.

They also benefit players in three ways, loot drops, experience and luring.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I doubt it, mobs are very, very easy to kill.. Anyone who has ever played Minecraft would know how to handle mobs.

They also benefit players in three ways, loot drops, experience and luring.
They are not easy to manage ._. One maybe, spiders, skeleton and zombies spawn in groups of 1-4 and theres often 1-3 groups spawning per chunk, so in average during a night theres 3-7 mobs per chunk except the ones you're in when it turns night. Mobs are not hard to control, you might have been there when the mobs were here, and all I remember was that I camped in a tree and thats when I quit playing MCSG for a while.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
They are not easy to manage ._. One maybe, spiders, skeleton and zombies spawn in groups of 1-4 and theres often 1-3 groups spawning per chunk, so in average during a night theres 3-7 mobs per chunk except the ones you're in when it turns night. Mobs are not hard to control, you might have been there when the mobs were here, and all I remember was that I camped in a tree and thats when I quit playing MCSG for a while.
You could try not running into the mobs, they are easily outrun-able. And remember it is possible for them to limit he many mobs spawn, removing creepers, halting spawn groups and mob hp.

And another thing I just remembered going along with mob loot are ender pearls, they used to come in handy a lot

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You could try not running into the mobs, they are easily outrun-able. And remember it is possible for them to limit he many mobs spawn, removing creepers, halting spawn groups and mob hp.

And another thing I just remembered going along with mob loot are ender pearls, they used to come in handy a lot
The enderpearls is the only good thing, Skeletons are OP if you can kill them.

And dont ever try to outrun mobs on MCSG -.- Theres either a person or a glassdome in your way and there will always be more mobs when you run into new areas.

Btw, didnt they add back mobs again? But with a really low spawnrate, because I remember somethnig like that, and theres always a mob under the tree on SG3, but its not always the same, so it cant be the map.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The enderpearls is the only good thing, Skeletons are OP if you can kill them.

And dont ever try to outrun mobs on MCSG -.- Theres either a person or a glassdome in your way and there will always be more mobs when you run into new areas.

Btw, didnt they add back mobs again? But with a really low spawnrate, because I remember somethnig like that, and theres always a mob under the tree on SG3, but its not always the same, so it cant be the map.
Wait, what, you managed to play sg3? D: Enderpearls, arrows but remember experience is the main thing I miss :3

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
...entry to the gamemaker house on map 1!
...mobs on all maps!
Sorry to sound like a noob, but I don't really want the mobs back. It sucks if you're a really good pvper, but you get shot by a skeleton in the middle of a fight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci