• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bring Back...

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If someone can't find those people, they are not that pro as you think they are.
I know the long matches on SG1 was boring, but what if they made it so that if players didn't move at least 50 blocks in 10 minutes, they will get kicked with a message.
"Kicked for camping too long"
What if you want to protect corn?

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Makes it moar fun though..for me
Well yeah, of course, if you like longer matches then I guess it brings mroe varied gameplay, but for me that doesnt like the length that exists now on SG1, I would probably stop playing MCSG if that would come back.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That someone protects spawns is not better than people camping in a tree, as it will go faster to find the camper if everyones hunts.
But what if he gets kicked for protecting spawn ...

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
If someone can't find those people, they are not that pro as you think they are.
I know the long matches on SG1 was boring, but what if they made it so that if players didn't move at least 50 blocks in 10 minutes, they will get kicked with a message.
"Kicked for camping too long"
In my opinion camping isn't bad or wrong at all. I camped one night when mobs were still active and I was low on health/hunger, but I still managed to win.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In my opinion camping isn't bad or wrong at all. I camped one night when mobs were still active and I was low on health/hunger, but I still managed to win.
I fully agree, I am trying to find a solution for those "Campers means long boring games" people.
But what if he gets kicked for protecting spawn ...
Then he would be. People camp in spawn to make them self a advance, people camp in trees and buildings to have a advance.

Neodude

Experienced
Reaction score
Well yeah, of course, if you like longer matches then I guess it brings mroe varied gameplay, but for me that doesnt like the length that exists now on SG1, I would probably stop playing MCSG if that would come back.
Why would you leave if the game times of one map increased slightly? Beside that from what I remember games back in the days of mobs one maps 1 and 2 were far shorter then the can be now, as they killed off a decent amount of those camping in the far out islands. The same for map 2, buildings required actual skill to scavenge, and camping corn was a really bad idea.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why would you leave if the game times of one map increased slightly? Beside that from what I remember games back in the days of mobs one maps 1 and 2 were far shorter then the can be now, as they killed off a decent amount of those camping in the far out islands. The same for map 2, buildings required actual skill to scavenge, and camping corn was a really bad idea.
Slightly? People are going to camp for the whole night? thats an additional 10 minutes, if I would have killed so that there were 3 people left right after corn refill, but now, it would have been 200% more minutes ... thats 50% less games per day

Neodude

Experienced
Reaction score
Slightly? People are going to camp for the whole night? thats an additional 10 minutes, if I would have killed so that there were 3 people left right after corn refill, but now, it would have been 200% more minutes ... thats 50% less games per day
Well...your math is a tad bit confusing, but maybe its just how you wrote it out compared to what you actually figured that is the problem there. As for people camping, with that, it means taking corn is easier, and even then, more people avoid corn and search for chests outside of that area during the night, at least from the games I have played. When mobs were in, most of those people were killed off overnight because they didn't know how to fight the mobs.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well...your math is a tad bit confusing, but maybe its just how you wrote it out compared to what you actually figured that is the problem there. As for people camping, with that, it means taking corn is easier, and even then, more people avoid corn and search for chests outside of that area during the night, at least from the games I have played. When mobs were in, most of those people
were killed off overnight because they didn't know how to fight the mobs.

This is the scenerio given to you:

Theres 7 people left, 2 with fairly okay stuff, 4 with bad stuff, and you who got corn.

2-3 of those are probably hiding from mobs, camping in trees. Whilst the other two are running around just normally since they can protect themselfs. And then, you find them and kill them like any other random would do.

On normal games, you could just run around look for names, but in this particular situation that you're given, its going to be hard to find, as 2-4 of them are just crouching up in a tree where no one can see them unless they're given a perfect angle.
And those campers, will definately not get out of that tree until the mobs disappear .... Day. >10 more minutes wait. When without mobs, it might take you 3 minutes to find all those and kill enough for it to become deathmatch.

Mobs can also be annoying on other maps, such as Yellowstone or SG3 where the corns are dark, making there million of mobs when you start.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This is the scenerio given to you:

Theres 7 people left, 2 with fairly okay stuff, 4 with bad stuff, and you who got corn.

2-3 of those are probably hiding from mobs, camping in trees. Whilst the other two are running around just normally since they can protect themselfs. And then, you find them and kill them like any other random would do.

On normal games, you could just run around look for names, but in this particular situation that you're given, its going to be hard to find, as 2-4 of them are just crouching up in a tree where no one can see them unless they're given a perfect angle.
And those campers, will definately not get out of that tree until the mobs disappear .... Day. >10 more minutes wait. When without mobs, it might take you 3 minutes to find all those and kill enough for it to become deathmatch.

Mobs can also be annoying on other maps, such as Yellowstone or SG3 where the corns are dark, making there million of mobs when you start.
Mobs were fun in SG3, all they need to do is disable them spawning at corn. Mobs actual boosted the games sometimes but getting some kills, speeding it up.

The games used to be more about cautiousness, choosing the time to attack, not running around in the open and hoping to get a good stuff from some chests to continue running around killing people openly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci