• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I'm sort of scared of playing a game...

I don't want the system to wrongly detect me...
It wont, the only thing that sends out the message that the plugin bans for is BSM.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want the system to wrongly detect me...
Yeah but dosent Optifine not count as vanilla?
Third, and I feel like a lot of people shall be kicked for no reason :3
As long as you don't use BSM, your fine! Optifine will not trigger this auto ban.

What about the Mac's Caps Lock Option ?
This is a 1.7 vanilla bug and will be allowed until Mojang fixes it.

Question, how does it detect the difference between BSM and 1.7 sprint?
Better Sprint Mod is a game modification that allows you to do illegal game moves like running to the side or backwards. Vanilla clients cannot do this and reason why the mod is still banned.

TOXICWASTEII

Diamond
Reaction score
As long as you don't use BSM, your fine! Optifine will not trigger this auto ban.

This is a 1.7 vanilla bug and will be allowed until Mojang fixes it.

Better Sprint Mod is a game modification that allows you to do illegal game moves like running to the side or backwards. Vanilla clients cannot do this and reason why the mod is still banned.
ARE YOU SERIES? YOU CAN'T RUN SIDEWAYS AND BACKWARDS ON MULTIPLAYER, END OF STORY...

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
1.7 sprinting is a new vanilla feature (not BSM!) and still will be allowed (aka will not auto kick for it). Somehow some youtubers stated "BSM is now in 1.7" but that isn't the case.
So relieved that got straightened out, rumors had it that the sprint key would be banned from MCSG, if that was the case, that would've been ridiculous...again, relieved it got straightened out.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just have one question: if a person gets temporarily banned for 60 seconds and wants to apply for the position of Moderator, would this 60 second temporary ban get in the way of him/her becoming a moderator?
We will have record of this but we will be ignoring anything that is auto kicked for detected BSM. Any bans done by our staff will still count.

ARE YOU SERIES? YOU CAN'T RUN SIDEWAYS AND BACKWARDS ON MULTIPLAYER, END OF STORY...
It also gives alot of unfair advantages over clients. So why are you trying to defend using a hacked client anyways.

TOXICWASTEII

Diamond
Reaction score
We will have record of this but we will be ignoring anything that is auto kicked for detected BSM. Any bans done by our staff will still count.

It also gives alot of unfair advantages over clients. So why are you trying to defend using a hacked client anyways.
Umm sir, please, get the facts straight, you can't use the sideways sprint option in BSM. Try it yourself, install it and try to sprint sideways and backwards.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it work with Nodus?
Right now no sadly but we are working on more updates soon to block this or prevent most of the illegal moves. The only reason why we can do this with BSM is that the dev actually tells the server the client connecting has it installs. This is why this auto detector is 100% accurate! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci