• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A stone on a keyboard? That doesn't make much sense; in that perspective you can just throw rocks at your mouse for Cookie Clicker, or have 50 of your friends smashing the W key for you in Minecraft.
Sprinting in mid-air should just be a glitch; it doesn't sound vanilla to me. Perhaps it will be fixed in the next update?
As my time during a moderator, many mods were confused about whether or not BSM actually allowed you to sprint sideways or backwards (even the owner apparently). You cannot sprint backwards/sideways in multiplayer, it's just that simple. BSM seems to be the "fixed" version of the vanilla toggle sprint, however it does give you an advantage in PVP where the toggle is held through swinging your sword, which allows for more crits.
Honestly, BSM will never be allowed by MCSG. It's a mod/hack, which gives you an advantage over others. If BSM were to be allowed, not everyone would be able to install it as well seeing as there are numerous people on the servers who may not know how to install a mod. Optifine is optional as it depends on your GPU/CPU, but BSM would have to be required if you want to compete against other BSM users.
I've fought BSM when I was a mod, but it's clear that the MCSG administration has made up their minds. It'd be simpler to just drop the topic.
Your truly,
ShootToMaim.
No, it's not at all like throwing rocks at your mouse for cookie clicker, or having 50 of your friends smashing the W key for you, because neither of those actually work. People actually use weights in tandem with 1.7.2 sprint, and it's BETTER than BSM. I've seen xSwagGiraffe and Zeno say that's what they do. So yeah, great advantage, huh? And why would I drop the topic when I'm right?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No, it's not at all like throwing rocks at your mouse for cookie clicker, or having 50 of your friends smashing the W key for you, because neither of those actually work. People actually use weights in tandem with 1.7.2 sprint, and it's BETTER than BSM. I've seen xSwagGiraffe and Zeno say that's what they do. So yeah, great advantage, huh? And why would I drop the topic when I'm right?
If it's better, is it really a problem that its banned?

xSwagGiraffe

Diamond
Reaction score
I've never said anything false about BSM. I never say anything like that. I said deal with it. I realize what is disabled. He himself said 1.7.2 is better. He wants BSM to be allowed so he can have Optifine and sprint. That's an FPS issue.

I am kinda neutral on BSM, but we just have to deal with stuff.
Are you stupid? I said BSM is better,5 times...I said 1.7.2 is more OP because you can sprint while in the water easily, yeah in vanilla you can just jump into the water from land while sprinting but when you let go of W and it breaks, you can just hit your sprint button in 1.7.2 and you'll sprint without going back onto land or the bottom of the ocean,BSM is better and less over powered then 1.7.2, BSM you can literally just sprint easier, same with 1.7.2, 1.7.2 you can sprint whenever you want when your in water, giving you an advantage when BSM, all you can do is sprint easier.My god, your statements are so irrelevant.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Are you stupid? I said BSM is better,5 times...I said 1.7.2 is more OP because you can sprint while in the water easily, yeah in vanilla you can just jump into the water from land while sprinting but when you let go of W and it breaks, you can just hit your sprint button in 1.7.2 and you'll sprint without going back onto land or the bottom of the ocean,BSM is better and less over powered then 1.7.2, BSM you can literally just sprint easier, same with 1.7.2, 1.7.2 you can sprint whenever you want when your in water, giving you an advantage when BSM, all you can do is sprint easier.My god, your statements are so irrelevant.
1.7 is more OP but BSM is better... Do you just like BSM better? Is that what's better? Or you think BSM is better for the game than 1.7?

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If it's better, is it really a problem that its banned?
Yes, because it being banned means I can't use optifine, which for me and many others makes MCSG pretty much unplayable.

Edit: Ok RC_4777 please think about what you're posting. He's already said he needs BSM to stay competitive while using optifine.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
YAY!!! No BSM using noobs!!!

Thanks Chad and staff! I think they all deserve a round of applause for what they have done, no?

xSwagGiraffe

Diamond
Reaction score
1.7 is more OP but BSM is better... Do you just like BSM better? Is that what's better? Or you think BSM is better for the game than 1.7?
1.7 is OP because it gives you advantages over BSM. BSM is better for the community because we won't have auto 'sprint swimming' in BSM, I honestly don't see why it was removed if anything MCSG should have just stayed 1.6 and never went to 1.7. BSM was literally 1.7 without the automatic sprint swimming.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Yes, because it being banned means I can't use optifine, which for me and many others makes MCSG pretty much unplayable.
I just don't play 1.7, at least until Optifine comes out. I'm just being patient and accepting it, which is probably what we'll be doing for now.
1.7 is OP because it gives you advantages over BSM. BSM is better for the community because we won't have auto 'sprint swimming' in BSM, I honestly don't see why it was removed if anything MCSG should have just stayed 1.6 and never went to 1.7. BSM was literally 1.7 without the automatic sprint swimming.
The sprint swimming will make water chases potentially less frustrating. I don't think BSM necessarily needed to be banned, but I'm just accepting it and moving in.

SubzeroYoshi

Spectator
Reaction score
I like this system, it should mean I shouldn't get stuck in place by anticheat anymore... that happens WAY to much when you sprint right off the start. Everyone else who has this issue should agree with me that this is much better.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Stop the flaming, this thread will be locked if it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci