• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AS Being Shutdown - Thoughts + Suggestions @Devs, Sr. Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes, the hub is hosted In EU, but the SG servers are hosted in US. They are only stress testing so lag is to be expected.
Is it me or does anyone else not understand what Sam is talking about...

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Yes, the hub is hosted In EU, but the SG servers are hosted in US. They are only stress testing so lag is to be expected.
Is it me or does anyone else not understand what Sam is talking about...
I believe you're thinking of The Hive's new North American network. On MCGamer, the proxies, hubs and game servers are hosted in the same datacenter within their respective regions (they can be on a different number of physical machines but they're in the same region).

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
I was on the AS side for most of this until Dave and posted reasons why it was taken down. It was shocking how expensive the AS servers are. And what I thought was a good suggestion turns out to be impossible, the one of taking a little bit off of US and EU. When Dave and the devs explained how the servers work, it became clear as why they took it down and why so many of these suggestions are impossible.

The main reason they took it down was of money issues (correct me if I'm wrong), which makes since as AS is the smallest community and they take in the most money. However, whoever posted that chart of people who donated it seems pretty vast. I know its vary costly, but it seems like a lot was donated and that this community is willing to keep it running if it means donating more.

So my conclusion and my final thought on this subject is to go with the the admins and the devs, because they have way better reasons on why they took it down. Sorry AS, I really want you to have a server chain but the reasons just pile up. (Sorry for mistakes on info, I took this off of what I read yesterday in my head.)

¡Sam!

Diamond
Reaction score
I believe you're thinking of The Hive's new North American network. On MCGamer, the proxies, hubs and game servers are hosted in the same datacenter within their respective regions (they can be on a different number of physical machines but they're in the same region).
Yes, I was talking about Hive, because Kor asked.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
D = Dia G = Gold I = Iron

- Radiaxros D
- Kingusa12 D
- PrincessDragoLee D
- reyesmalique2000
- Quackeryy D and G (Before)
- HhdTroll D
- Upperbyte D
- Hafizhadi D
- McBullseye D
- Z0mb1eKn1ght D
- DevilicCrafter D
- Tyroneley D
- Hanyeol D
- Zekrom_Ares D
- darkseaslug D
- Aldxelm D
- MLG_Dunnett/dmdunnett D
- EnderHunterPro D
- IndoAlex7 G
- Envokez G
- NinjaIrwin - G
- ZHDCrew - G
- YoungWolfyy_ G (A few times)
- Chicoboy2001 G
- Al3xK1llz G
- Gunter1128 I
- VaderHD I
- MightyJack I?
- SlasherRG I?
- MattZeeX Mod :p

Any more?

100 ping is GOOD. All of us except for the people who live in East Asia (They get 125-200 Ping to US?) get 200 Ping + to other servers. Unless they have good internet like me :)
I'm sort of an AS mod too...

Maybe...

I don't know...

*Cries in a corner*

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
I guess there is nothing we can do. If AS does come back, we will all greatly appreciate it. Lock the thread. There is nothing we can do now. It was a great run while we were at it. Thank you McGamer for the awesome times.

-Peace.

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
So it's final? No more AS Servers? Okay. I wanna thank a lot of people for the great time, especially AS Rebels! I love y'all and I hope they can somehow bring back AS and we can reband the clan <3

-Peace

Tartanian

Experienced
Reaction score
Now that AS is gone, I have no home... no shelter... no family...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members