• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AS Being Shutdown - Thoughts + Suggestions @Devs, Sr. Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyBones

Career
Reaction score
There's a low player base yet the majority of people are expected to have it worse off for a low player base - less Us servers, Au moved around (which will cost them more money) or having an Au Perth server and an Au Sydney server (which will honestly be a waste as they'll be paying for 2 servers which will in turn generate less money because more costs and people will have 0 need to donate). I think it needs to be understood that MCGamer is a business. I'm not being a heartless prick but it's how it is. This gamemode was established because 'The Hunger Games' franchise was extremely popular and it just so happened people wanted to play it - why not make something of the like in Minecraft? MCSG was established as a business. It isn't like people are being sold into slavery for some bucks and having their lives ruined - it's a small number of Minecraft players.

Now, I don't play MCSG a whole lot at all anymore so I'm not biased or anything, but as Snotchet said, being generous about 70-80% of Au players are from Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales. Put bleakly, Australian internet is crap. I know a lot of players would really be against the whole Perth migration; upsetting a much larger community for a much smaller playerbase doesn't seem right to me. I do hope a solution can be made, but so far all of the ideas put forward have disadvantages that outweigh their advantages. I think what Col_Star said earlier basically summarises my thoughts in general.
I agree with what you have stated, but from what the devs have said earlier, there is probably no other solution. ;(

Reaction score
Alrighty i'm going to be a derp here.
1. The servers ARE NOT coming back unless there is more players
2. I can assure you its not all about the money.
3. Moving some AU servers to Perth is not smart, Because they will be essentially be paying 2x as much just so it can be closer to other people.
4. With the security thing, im guessing its probably something to do with MySQL or what ever it is, but idk

That's all I gathered lol

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There's a low player base yet the majority of people are expected to have it worse off for a low player base - less Us servers, Au moved around (which will cost them more money) or having an Au Perth server and an Au Sydney server (which will honestly be a waste as they'll be paying for 2 servers which will in turn generate less money because more costs and people will have 0 need to donate). I think it needs to be understood that MCGamer is a business. I'm not being a heartless prick but it's how it is. This gamemode was established because 'The Hunger Games' franchise was extremely popular and it just so happened people wanted to play it - why not make something of the like in Minecraft? MCSG was established as a business. It isn't like people are being sold into slavery for some bucks and having their lives ruined - it's a small number of Minecraft players.

Now, I don't play MCSG a whole lot at all anymore so I'm not biased or anything, but as Snotchet said, being generous about 70-80% of Au players are from Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales. Put bleakly, Australian internet is crap. I know a lot of players would really be against the whole Perth migration; upsetting a much larger community for a much smaller playerbase doesn't seem right to me. I do hope a solution can be made, but so far all of the ideas put forward have disadvantages that outweigh their advantages. I think what Col_Star said earlier basically summarises my thoughts in general.
So heartless, why mike :(

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok no more AS qq but if SOMEONE can bloody tell howto make my Au connection stable I wouldn't complain

¡Sam!

Diamond
Reaction score
D = Dia G = Gold I = Iron

- Radiaxros D
- Kingusa12 D
- PrincessDragoLee D
- reyesmalique2000
- Quackeryy D and G (Before)
- HhdTroll D
- Upperbyte D
- Hafizhadi D
- McBullseye D
- Z0mb1eKn1ght D
- DevilicCrafter D
- Tyroneley D
- Hanyeol D
- Zekrom_Ares D
- darkseaslug D
- Aldxelm D
- MLG_Dunnett/dmdunnett D
- EnderHunterPro D
- IndoAlex7 G
- Envokez G
- NinjaIrwin - G
- ZHDCrew - G
- YoungWolfyy_ G (A few times)
- Chicoboy2001 G
- Al3xK1llz G
- Gunter1128 I
- VaderHD I
- MightyJack I?
- SlasherRG I?
- MattZeeX Mod :p

Any more?

100 ping is GOOD. All of us except for the people who live in East Asia (They get 125-200 Ping to US?) get 200 Ping + to other servers. Unless they have good internet like me :)
I'm saying for players living on the west coast. Not like it matters.

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Alrighty i'm going to be a derp here.
1. The servers ARE NOT coming back unless there is more players
2. I can assure you its not all about the money.
3. Moving some AU servers to Perth is not smart, Because they will be essentially be paying 2x as much just so it can be closer to other people.
4. With the security thing, im guessing its probably something to do with MySQL or what ever it is, but idk

That's all I gathered lol
As I said before. What would you do if (AU?) servers get removed, imagine what it would be like if it was "Your" servers that you played on which got removed? And you get 200+ Ping and 3 bars to ALL the other servers in the community?A
Ok no more AS qq but if SOMEONE can bloody tell howto make my Au connection stable I wouldn't complain
Agreed much.
I cri. ;-;
Me 2
I'm saying for players living on the west coast. Not like it matters.
You still get good ping. That's ALL that matters.

¡Sam!

Diamond
Reaction score
As I said before. What would you do if (AU?) servers get removed, imagine what it would be like if it was "Your" servers that you played on which got removed? And you get 200+ Ping and 3 bars to ALL the other servers in the community?A

Agreed much.

Me 2

You still get good ping. That's ALL that matters.
I 3 bar normally. Also players on the west coast and players in south America would get bad connection. I also meant Easf Coast players, As I believe the US servers are hosted somewhere out west.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Prime Time on weekends there is none empty. Also the fact that Hive has opened there US server and some left to try it out. We just wait till that balances out again (Hive is full of bad players) and most MCSG people like a challenge.
"US" server... or did they finally get around to actually hosting it in US?

¡Sam!

Diamond
Reaction score
"US" server... or did they finally get around to actually hosting it in US?
Yes, the hub is hosted In EU, but the SG servers are hosted in US. They are only stress testing so lag is to be expected.

SuperMang

Survivor
Reaction score
IGN:mangofthesuperbank
Wins:2/8901
Why do you want to play hunger beans:

Oh soz wrong thread I thought this was a clan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics