• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Adding a Incentive to Respectable Characters

What is the biggest problem on MCSG currently? Should we reward "good character"?

• 1st Question: Hackers.

Votes: 34 64.2%
  • 1st Question: Harrasment.

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • 1st Question: Bullying.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • 1st Question: Swearing/Foul Langauge.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • 2nd Question: Yes

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • 2nd Question: No [explain]

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
regarding the second question, No, everyone is a player till they are banned. Instead there should be kick plugin for people that try to swear. There is one on the server I attend that will kill you with lightning if you do.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I must say I agree that there are many situations with immature players, and your suggestion is not the best, but I do see some down below which I can understand and possibly combine with others.

How to fix bad chat problem:

Accept new mods = more mods = more kicking = chat clean.
This is probably the best idea, because I see about one mod on the servers every other day. The problem is that most of the mods just hang around on Teamspeak. Some of them have even quit MCSG, but haven't been demoted, which gives the illusion of having many more mods.

To make the jobs of mods easier, I think that when someone swears, they are auto-kicked and the message is censored. However, if they start to get smart and work around the swear words by using extra letters or anything of the sort, then that is a time where the mods would be able to pitch in. If you simply try some of @ShaunDepro's suggestions, it will interfere with words that sound and/or are spelled similarly.

And now for the originality of my own suggestion, which is something some of you may have seen if you play Project Ares. The /report command (or /r). There is a large amount of people who play on the servers who either are too lazy to go to the forum and post a thread or are unable to download Teamspeak to go poke a mod. With the /report command, you could do one of two things:

1. State the name of the rule-breaker followed by the link to the evidence you have acquired.

or 2. State the name of the rule-breaker along with the server they are currently on*.
( * Makes it so that people don't have to go record evidence, if they're lazy.)

Upon the usage of the /report command, a message would be privately broadcast to the chats of all the staff members currently playing with the person that sent the message and, of course, what the message said. They would then be able to go check out the noted server, watch the hacker, judge their actions, and decide the punishment, without the player having to open any other programs besides Minecraft.

Of course, if this were implemented, someone would probably abuse it, but to debunk, it's being sent to all the online staff, so really, there wouldn't be much to worry about.

Phew! That's my suggestion. If I think of more things I could add on to this, I will probably do it later. Any feedback and criticism is much appreciated!

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I must say I agree that there are many situations with immature players, and your suggestion is not the best, but I do see some down below which I can understand and possibly combine with others.

This is probably the best idea, because I see about one mod on the servers every other day. The problem is that most of the mods just hang around on Teamspeak. Some of them have even quit MCSG, but haven't been demoted, which gives the illusion of having many more mods.

To make the jobs of mods easier, I think that when someone swears, they are auto-kicked and the message is censored. However, if they start to get smart and work around the swear words by using extra letters or anything of the sort, then that is a time where the mods would be able to pitch in. If you simply try some of @ShaunDepro's suggestions, it will interfere with words that sound and/or are spelled similarly.

And now for the originality of my own suggestion, which is something some of you may have seen if you play Project Ares. The /report command (or /r). There is a large amount of people who play on the servers who either are too lazy to go to the forum and post a thread or are unable to download Teamspeak to go poke a mod. With the /report command, you could do one of two things:

1. State the name of the rule-breaker followed by the link to the evidence you have acquired.

or 2. State the name of the rule-breaker along with the server they are currently on*.
( * Makes it so that people don't have to go record evidence, if they're lazy.)

Upon the usage of the /report command, a message would be privately broadcast to the chats of all the staff members currently playing with the person that sent the message and, of course, what the message said. They would then be able to go check out the noted server, watch the hacker, judge their actions, and decide the punishment, without the player having to open any other programs besides Minecraft.

Of course, if this were implemented, someone would probably abuse it, but to debunk, it's being sent to all the online staff, so really, there wouldn't be much to worry about.

Phew! That's my suggestion. If I think of more things I could add on to this, I will probably do it later. Any feedback and criticism is much appreciated!
The problem people would bring up is people abusing it and spamming staff, but I'm certain it would barely happen if there were consequences for doing so.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
The problem people would bring up is people abusing it and spamming staff, but I'm certain it would barely happen if there were consequences for doing so.
The thing is, that if this were implemented, it would be sent to all online staff upon the usage of the command, therefore it would be really easy to take care of them for abusing the command.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The thing is, that if this were implemented, it would be sent to all online staff upon the usage of the command, therefore it would be really easy to take care of them for abusing the command.
Mhm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci