• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A very controversial/ stereotypical question.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
First of all I would like to apologize if this offended anyone or I come across as stereotypical. Okay lets start, EU has a hacking problem at the moment. I am not here to complain about that, the mods have been doing there very best. If you notice a high percentage of the hackers are from an Eastern European region, what I am asking is why? Why is there a higher percentage of hackers from these areas? Is it something about there culture? Lack of understanding of the rules?

Once again I know there is A LOT of great, nice, rule abiding people from these regions so I am sorry if this offends you. I thought we might be able to have a bit of a discussion on this matter and maybe even come up with some ideas to make people more aware that there are rules on this server etc. Please don't start any flame on this post.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I heard that there was a Russian YouTuber who got mad at MCSG and encouraged his fanbase to hack. But then again, that's only a certain portion.
Now that I think about it, I really don't know. o_O My best guess is the spiral effect.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I heard that there was a Russian YouTuber who got mad at MCSG and encouraged his fanbase to hack. But then again, that's only a certain portion.
Now that I think about it, I really don't know. o_O My best guess is the spiral effect.
I heard about that too but I have never seen proof of it.. hmmmm

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
My guess is a lack of a moderation in those regions has lead to a runaway hacker problem. People hack without punishment then kill people, the people who get killed by the hackers then get mad and get hacks and etc.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Is there proof that Eastern Europeans hack more often than Western Europeans?
Yes, as a Trail Sr mod I had to deal with ban disputes and the majority of them are Eastern Europe or countries where English is not there first language.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
The lack of moderation on the EU servers is the root of the problem, explained by this:

Lack of moderators -> Hackers thrive -> Legit players install hacks to combat the other hackers

There could be some underlying reason but that is the logical conclusion.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
The lack of moderation on the EU servers is the root of the problem, explained by this:

Lack of moderators -> Hackers thrive -> Legit players install hacks to combat the other hackers

There could be some underlying reason but that is the logical conclusion.
There counter argument I have to this is; look at the amount of moderators hired over the summer, I believe it reached 120 at one point but yet the hackers still increased and a lot of the hired mods were from the EU region.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Yes, as a Trail Sr mod I had to deal with ban disputes and the majority of them are Eastern Europe or countries where English is not there first language.
That might be the problem. The rules are in English and most mods only speak English, so people who don't speak English probably don't know what the rules are. Therefore, they probably hack without even knowing that what they are doing is bad.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
That might be the problem. The rules are in English and most mods only speak English, so people who don't speak English probably don't know what the rules are. Therefore, they probably hack without even knowing that what they are doing is bad.
Yeah I will have to agree with you on that, while I know somewhere on the forums there are rules in multiple languages such as spannish etc, I do not believe there is any in Russian/ Romainian. KitMencha you could possibly do something about this if you had the time :)

Also I think implementing a rule book into the hub like there was before in multiple languages would be greatly beatifically.

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
What are the Eastern European countries, if I may ask? I honestly really suck at countries (I'm decent at geography which is not the study of countries at least I don't learn about countries)

But yeah, it is pretty obvious the amount of hackers on EU is too damn high (insert meme here), even though I wouldn't know because of I don't play on there, I hear that from word of mouth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci