• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A New VIP?

Should this be added?

• Yes !

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I think they should give VIPs for forumers, but only the known and helpful ones, maybe make a new ingame rank for forumers who are the most helpful in the community, forumers aren't getting any attention, but YouTubers are getting VIPs left and right, bringing new members who report hackers in 'The Survival Games Discussions' forum, and this is where the forumers step in, and guide new players. You see, usually other forumers have replied to the report threads before moderators.

Edit: And, if more people wanted Forum VIP, they would need to be helpful, nice to everyone and be active :3

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Okay, I only have like 6 minutes at most (hopefully more but I doubt it) to write this post
Keep in mind that if prominent forumers were given VIP, I might be affected by this, so my view on this is biased, however I'll try to stay as objective as I can.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I feel that forumers do deserve some sort of recognition. I'm not talking likespammers/forum game spammers, I mean people who actually help, like with General Support/Tips&Strategies/Guides, etc.
For example, duckluv321 and HalfSquirrel have written a large amount of guides in the past. While Duckluv321 is now a Moderator (for the 2nd time), HalfSquirrel has a donor rank. Can you really say that he's not a Very Important Person on the forums? Nowadays, he's more of a background figure as he's inactive, so perhaps this isn't exactly the best example, but you get what I mean.

YouTube/Twitch VIPs have contributed by bringing more players to the servers and mentoring players through their videos.
Ex-Staff who have VIP (or Plat) have contributed by moderating the servers and helping the community by answering questions, eliminating rule breakers, etc.
However, Forumers (the ones that would possibly be candidates for VIP if this were a thing) often do the following:
-Answer General Support threads, often with answers more detailed or from a different angle as a staff member.
-Report rule-breakers on the forums, such as spam/advertisement threads, necros, etc.
-Are role models for other people who browse the forums
-Assist staff members by dealing with trouble-makers on a more personal level
-Discuss and contribute to topics such as potential new features, changes in policies, and more
-Help train, instruct, and mentor potential Moderators who come to the forums

And what do they get in return?
YT/Twitch VIPs: Money from YouTube, fame from the fans, VIP, and when they break a rule the situation is passed onto the Administrators.
Ex-Staff: VIP or Platinum and a lesser degree of fame/recognition from players.
Forumers: Uhm... uhh... any other forumers have any ideas for what we get? >_> I can't think of anything.

So yeah. My 6 minutes are up. Byee

My reaction when I log on, post a long comment in a few minutes, and then log off:

Zaex

EDIT: Oh, and I should probably mention that I don't think that it should be based off of Followers, because of the issue where people would create alts and ask for followers. But rather, forumers who are deemed by either the staff or community to be highly outstanding and prominent, by methods such as future MCGamer Awards and threads like "The Best Forumers", run by OhFancy.
You see, with your idea for giving forumers VIP for doing helpful and productive actions on a major scale comes a slight issues. It was a wonderful idea, well thought out and everything but it's hard to track exactly who has been doing what, and it may be even harder to find a way to set specific requirements for giving out such an award but if there was a way to do such a thing, I'm on board.

The other way to do this would not to necessarily have "requirements" but allow the staff to determine who they believe is worthy of such a title by observing people who have constantly been model forumers. You know, they could even give all of these new-found VIP's their rank all at once in a ceremony on teamspeak or something!

Adding a forum section to the VIP status may in effect not be such a bad idea, well just have to see how it all plays out ^.^

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
You see, with your idea for giving forumers VIP for doing helpful and productive actions on a major scale comes a slight issues. It was a wonderful idea, well thought out and everything but it's hard to track exactly who has been doing what, and it may be even harder to find a way to set specific requirements for giving out such an award but if there was a way to do such a thing, I'm on board.

The other way to do this would not to necessarily have "requirements" but allow the staff to determine who they believe is worthy of such a title by observing people who have constantly been model forumers. You know, they could even give all of these new-found VIP's their rank all at once in a ceremony on teamspeak or something!

Adding a forum section to the VIP status may in effect not be such a bad idea, well just have to see how it all plays out ^.^
I think that's what moo wanted :p Not a specific set of requirements, because for the most part you can spam/be like spammed/beg for followers/whatever to meet those requirements, whereas actively forumming staff members would know who the most prominent and helpful forummers are.

I've always thought that forummers overall needed more recognition. The staff have always been trying to bring more attention to the forums, so what about those people that come to the forummers and become some of the biggest contributors to the community?

Consider it like this: The youtubers and twitch streamers and famous people of whatever reason bring all these new members to the community. These new members become active in game, and decide they want to check out the forums! The very first thing they'll notice upon beginning to browse the forums is that certain members take up a lot of space here, and are obviously active enough to know what's up. They check out some of the guides made by these forummers, and eventually decide to make a thread to introduce themselves. Who replies to that thread? The very same forummers.

I don't have much to say on the subject, but I've always felt pretty strongly about this (though that's easily a biased opinion because I considered myself to be a pretty active/prominent forummer for a while). Hopefully something is done to give forummers more recognition, and it doesn't necessarily even have to be VIP, but I think forummers just deserve something to show for the hours of work they put into the forums.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
This isn't a bad idea, but there would without a doubt have to be 'strict' requirements, something along the lines of that persons activity, the difference they've been able to make through the forums, and the quality of their posts.

Having it simply set at a follower limit could cause many issues in the sense of people asking for followers: "follow for follow", "follow me for a chance to win donor", etc. and could result in people who really haven't made a difference in the forum, or MCGamer community getting VIP simply because they cheated their way to a number.

If this were to happen, I think it would have to be solely based off of the quality of a persons posts, their activity, and generally how big of an impact they've had on the forums, not a follower count, message count, or like count. Quality would overall be the most important, though, because I could for see people making astronomically long posts just to seem as though the post has quality content, but it really doesn't (Only person I've seen consistently pull off quality, lengthy posts is the wonderful Mooclan )

I also think that the person would need to continuously maintain the quality and frequency of their forum activity even after receiving VIP, or it would be removed.

Do we need it? I really don't know. In terms of forumers who have really impacted the forums, and I could see as a VIP, I can really only see one impactful forumer, of which I'm sure the rest of you know :p It's one of those things that would cool and I could see it working, but I don't know if it needs to happen.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
This isn't a bad idea, but there would without a doubt have to be 'strict' requirements, something along the lines of that persons activity, the difference they've been able to make through the forums, and the quality of their posts.

Having it simply set at a follower limit could cause many issues in the sense of people asking for followers: "follow for follow", "follow me for a chance to win donor", etc. and could result in people who really haven't made a difference in the forum, or MCGamer community getting VIP simply because they cheated their way to a number.

If this were to happen, I think it would have to be solely based off of the quality of a persons posts, their activity, and generally how big of an impact they've had on the forums, not a follower count, message count, or like count. Quality would overall be the most important, though, because I could for see people making astronomically long posts just to seem as though the post has quality content, but it really doesn't (Only person I've seen consistently pull off quality, lengthy posts is the wonderful Mooclan )

I also think that the person would need to continuously maintain the quality and frequency of their forum activity even after receiving VIP, or it would be removed.

Do we need it? I really don't know. In terms of forumers who have really impacted the forums, and I could see as a VIP, I can really only see one impactful forumer, of which I'm sure the rest of you know :p It's one of those things that would cool and I could see it working, but I don't know if it needs to happen.
who gets to be the judge of post "quality," though? dave's opinions of quality posts might be different from, say, CAm's.

i agree heavily with duck's claims here, but i also don't
for example, basically my entire forum "life" is making posts that are the opposite of quality-filled and helpful. just because i get a few followers because i'm ****ing awesome doesn't make me any more helpful to the community. i just sit on my computer chair and procrastinate, and that's how i have 2500+ posts and likes, does that mean i get VIP? IMO, absolutely not. IMO, in fact, VIP shouldn't be given to forumers at all, because you can argue that they do help even the slightest, but in my mind that really doesn't cut it. the forum ranks are there for a reason, folks. they are to show who are the most active and promiscuous (did i use that word right?) forumers, and if they want to get VIP so bad, start recording or streaming or become a ex-senior staff member.

K

KiDD

As most above have posted, there isn't much of a reason to give VIP based on forum statistics. People would abuse it and people would receive VIP all around the server. It's not a good idea in general. If this was to happen, VIP would further be known as in in-exclusive rank; if a very large amount of people had it.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
who gets to be the judge of post "quality," though? dave's opinions of quality posts might be different from, say, CAm's.

i agree heavily with duck's claims here, but i also don't
for example, basically my entire forum "life" is making posts that are the opposite of quality-filled and helpful. just because i get a few followers because i'm ****ing awesome doesn't make me any more helpful to the community. i just sit on my computer chair and procrastinate, and that's how i have 2500+ posts and likes, does that mean i get VIP? IMO, absolutely not. IMO, in fact, VIP shouldn't be given to forumers at all, because you can argue that they do help even the slightest, but in my mind that really doesn't cut it. the forum ranks are there for a reason, folks. they are to show who are the most active and promiscuous (did i use that word right?) forumers, and if they want to get VIP so bad, start recording or streaming or become a ex-senior staff member.
I think you used it right, I would say I'm a pretty promiscuous forumer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci