• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A New VIP?

Should this be added?

• Yes !

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Inspired by OhFancy's comments...

So today I was surfing the forums as one does when I came across a thread by Col_StaR: an update about VIP requirements.

Mr. Fancy made an interesting point, that there should be a VIP implemented for follower count, and offered that if a user had more than 1,000 followers on the forums, he should be entitled to the VIP rank. Mooclan made a point that it could be dropped to 500, as only ChadTheDJ has more than 1,000 followers.

After searching the forums for about 3.2 seconds, looking up follower counts for popular posters, I thought I would share some results:

ChadTheDJ: 2,242

Twee: 118

Mooclan: 212

Giggity69Goo: 150

HalfSquirrel: 277

Col_StaR: 269

Sean: 238

duckluv321: 429

I know I missed some but you get the idea.

Basically the idea is if you have x amount of followers (somewhere around 500-1500) you should get VIP. However, getting followers is really difficult (why it is appropriate for VIP) and doesn't really have that much affect on anything.

What could be added to the "follower" part of the forums?

Do you think this is a good idea?

Food for thought anyways.

-Demon

Edit: the response I got from Staff and VIP were very anti, may I ask anything constructive please? I would like a pleasant debate, even if my side is not worth fighting for. Anything to build from, at least improve the idea slightly??

Last edited:

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I don't see a point. We give VIP for YouTube and Twitch because they are helping advertise our servers. Adding a VIP just for followers on the forums is rather pointless, it would just boil down to how popular you are here, and how many friends of yours have alt accounts here on the forums. It just wouldn't work out.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't see a point. We give VIP for YouTube and Twitch because they are helping advertise our servers. Adding a VIP just for followers on the forums is rather pointless, it would just boil down to how popular you are here, and how many friends of yours have alt accounts here on the forums. It just wouldn't work out.
But you could also make a point by saying that VIP stands for "very important person", and if you have that many followers on here, I'd think you'd be rather important.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
To add on to what Lively said - people will just spam each others to get followers, ie. friends follow each other, get big "follow 4 follow" threads etc just so that they can get VIP. :L

And, to be honest, having followers is a popularity contest. Just because you are popular or well known does not mean you should automatically get a rank. There are many people who have effected the community in negative ways, but because they have large numbers of followers would automatically "deserve" VIP under these criteria.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
But you could also make a point by saying that VIP stands for "very important person", and if you have that many followers on here, I'd think you'd be rather important.
While it is true that VIP stands for "Very Important Person," the point behind the VIP rank is the fact that they have significantly helped the server. YouTubers bring in new users as they advertise the server. Builders help make the servers more fun and diverse. Ex Sr. Staff Members do a helluva lot behind the scenes, and are doing a ton to help the server. Having followers on the forums? Not much aide to the server being provided there.

Reaction score
I don't really see a point, Map makers get VIP, Large youtube channels get VIP, and Twitch streamers get VIP. If this was true, VIP would be of no use, and then eventually written off.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not really a great system as follower counts on the forums are rather insignificant to the furthered development of the community, but perhaps VIP ranks for forumers is a good idea on the grounds that they have significantly contributed to the community or otherwise. I'd predict that if ever a thing existed, the bar would be very high.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
I only have one thing to say:

"Follow 4 Follow!"
"If you can get me 10 followers, I'll get you iron donor!"
"Did you like my post? Make sure to follow me :)"

With extreme dedication from the community, everyone could potentially get VIP. That wouldn't turn out too well.

D

Damien // Teepwn

While it is true that VIP stands for "Very Important Person," the point behind the VIP rank is the fact that they have significantly helped the server. YouTubers bring in new users as they advertise the server. Builders help make the servers more fun and diverse. Ex Sr. Staff Members do a helluva lot behind the scenes, and are doing a ton to help the server. Having followers on the forums? Not much aide to the server being provided there.
I know users that have done none of that yet they have VIP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci