• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A New VIP?

Should this be added?

• Yes !

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • NO!

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
its an interesting concept >.< I like it, but its not necessary. Its kinda how people applied for mod just for friend rank.
:p I have 257 followers fyi c:

Jam0919

Platinum
Reaction score
I know users that have done none of that yet they have VIP.
^ This Damien, I think we both are thinking the same person. In all seriousness, The staff are saying that you really need to be a big help and have to have had a big impact to get V.I.P yet people get V.I.P for being a friend of the staff. It's honestly really bias and sheds a bad light on those who receive V.I.P for that reason because people think that you just become friends with the staff so you can get V.I.P. Being a friend of a staff member is a lot different to adverse tiding the servers to 10,000+ people.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
^ This Damien, I think we both are thinking the same person. In all seriousness, The staff are saying that you really need to be a big help and have to have had a big impact to get V.I.P yet people get V.I.P for being a friend of the staff. It's honestly really bias and sheds a bad light on those who receive V.I.P for that reason because people think that you just become friends with the staff so you can get V.I.P. Being a friend of a staff member is a lot different to adverse tiding the servers to 10,000+ people.
I'm going to guess that you guys are talking about Levi, or another in a similar situation. They got VIP for the work they've done with the Sr. Staff, most of which is behind the scenes. No one has yet to get VIP for nothing.

Jam0919

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that you guys are talking about Levi, or another in a similar situation. They got VIP for the work they've done with the Sr. Staff, most of which is behind the scenes. No one has yet to get VIP for nothing.
I actually have no clue who Levi is. I'll message you who I was thinking of and could you please clarify why he got V.I.P for me because I just logged on and he had V.I.P and I was confused.

RelentlessForce

Diamond
Reaction score
The amount of forum accounts made just to purely follow other people would be so high, and what mason said:

"Follow 4 Follow!"
"If you can get me 10 followers, I'll get you iron donor!"
"Did you like my post? Make sure to follow me :)"
That's pretty much what almost every post will turn into. Was an alright idea but has too many flaws in my opinion.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
While yes it would be sweet to have VIP this would just be unfair to give it for this.

I will use my self for example seeing as I was mentioned in the original thread. The main reason I have a high amount of people following me on the forums is because I follow 1337 people. Do I deserve VIP for spending a few hours to follow a ton of people.... No I did contribute to mcsg by doing that.

Also there is the case people will just make alternate accounts to spam follow the selfs and there will be a lot of follow for follows posts happening.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I don't see a point. We give VIP for YouTube and Twitch because they are helping advertise our servers. Adding a VIP just for followers on the forums is rather pointless, it would just boil down to how popular you are here, and how many friends of yours have alt accounts here on the forums. It just wouldn't work out.
This and the fact that you are meant to contribute to the servers as a VIP are the reasons I believe you are correct.
To add on to what Lively said - people will just spam each others to get followers, ie. friends follow each other, get big "follow 4 follow" threads etc just so that they can get VIP. :L

And, to be honest, having followers is a popularity contest. Just because you are popular or well known does not mean you should automatically get a rank. There are many people who have effected the community in negative ways, but because they have large numbers of followers would automatically "deserve" VIP under these criteria.
I only have one thing to say:

"Follow 4 Follow!"
"If you can get me 10 followers, I'll get you iron donor!"
"Did you like my post? Make sure to follow me :)"

With extreme dedication from the community, everyone could potentially get VIP. That wouldn't turn out too well.
Doesn't this already happen on YouTube? The only difference is that the fan base on YouTube is a lot larger than on the forums. More people means more to cater too which means more new people to bring to MCSG. However, if the number is around 5,000-10,000, then you cannot possibly have friends enough for this sort of thing.
Not really a great system as follower counts on the forums are rather insignificant to the furthered development of the community, but perhaps VIP ranks for forumers is a good idea on the grounds that they have significantly contributed to the community or otherwise. I'd predict that if ever a thing existed, the bar would be very high.
This is actually a bit of concern. The thread was part an idea about VIP and part about improving the follower thing on MCG because right now it doesn't do much.
I don't really see a point, Map makers get VIP, Large youtube channels get VIP, and Twitch streamers get VIP. If this was true, VIP would be of no use, and then eventually written off.
Why can't large forumers (Mooclan) get VIP too?? People on the forums practically worship him.
While it is true that VIP stands for "Very Important Person," the point behind the VIP rank is the fact that they have significantly helped the server. YouTubers bring in new users as they advertise the server. Builders help make the servers more fun and diverse. Ex Sr. Staff Members do a helluva lot behind the scenes, and are doing a ton to help the server. Having followers on the forums? Not much aide to the server being provided there.
Pretty much all of the time this is true. My only place I say it isn't is in the situations where some Friend ranked people got VIP. I'm not saying I don't like these people, they just haven't contributed as much as a retired Administrator or a big YouTuber. Also, a large forumer on the forums doesn't help the community?? Most of the time "Forumers" get to things like spam threads, inappropriate posts, etc. before a mod does, and tags them on the thread so they can deal with it. I know some forumers who became mods just so they can get these things done faster. True it's not the same is bringing in 10,000 new players but it is still a contribution. However you are right that the follower count doesn't contribute anything.
its an interesting concept >.< I like it, but its not necessary. Its kinda how people applied for mod just for friend rank.
:p I have 257 followers fyi c:
Sorry I missed you ;-; I understand what you mean, but the thread was part a new VIP idea and part an idea about improving the follow system on the forums.
The amount of forum accounts made just to purely follow other people would be so high, and what mason said:

That's pretty much what almost every post will turn into. Was an alright idea but has too many flaws in my opinion.
This doesn't happen on youtube? Making fake youtube accounts is easier than making fake forum accounts, since you need an IGN to make an account, and not that many players have 1,000+ accounts or the patience to do this. However, the number is a lot lower than YouTube, and I see what you mean.
While yes it would be sweet to have VIP this would just be unfair to give it for this.

I will use my self for example seeing as I was mentioned in the original thread. The main reason I have a high amount of people following me on the forums is because I follow 1337 people. Do I deserve VIP for spending a few hours to follow a ton of people.... No I did contribute to mcsg by doing that.

Also there is the case people will just make alternate accounts to spam follow the selfs and there will be a lot of follow for follows posts happening.
Your post is kinda what I hope didn't come. It's kinda like instagram I guess, the more people you follow, the more that follow you. I was also asking the community how the system could be improved. I mean the follow system.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Why can't large forumers (Mooclan) get VIP too?? People on the forums practically worship him.

Okay, I only have like 6 minutes at most (hopefully more but I doubt it) to write this post
Keep in mind that if prominent forumers were given VIP, I might be affected by this, so my view on this is biased, however I'll try to stay as objective as I can.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I feel that forumers do deserve some sort of recognition. I'm not talking likespammers/forum game spammers, I mean people who actually help, like with General Support/Tips&Strategies/Guides, etc.
For example, duckluv321 and HalfSquirrel have written a large amount of guides in the past. While Duckluv321 is now a Moderator (for the 2nd time), HalfSquirrel has a donor rank. Can you really say that he's not a Very Important Person on the forums? Nowadays, he's more of a background figure as he's inactive, so perhaps this isn't exactly the best example, but you get what I mean.

YouTube/Twitch VIPs have contributed by bringing more players to the servers and mentoring players through their videos.
Ex-Staff who have VIP (or Plat) have contributed by moderating the servers and helping the community by answering questions, eliminating rule breakers, etc.
However, Forumers (the ones that would possibly be candidates for VIP if this were a thing) often do the following:
-Answer General Support threads, often with answers more detailed or from a different angle as a staff member.
-Report rule-breakers on the forums, such as spam/advertisement threads, necros, etc.
-Are role models for other people who browse the forums
-Assist staff members by dealing with trouble-makers on a more personal level
-Discuss and contribute to topics such as potential new features, changes in policies, and more
-Help train, instruct, and mentor potential Moderators who come to the forums

And what do they get in return?
YT/Twitch VIPs: Money from YouTube, fame from the fans, VIP, and when they break a rule the situation is passed onto the Administrators.
Ex-Staff: VIP or Platinum and a lesser degree of fame/recognition from players.
Forumers: Uhm... uhh... any other forumers have any ideas for what we get? >_> I can't think of anything.

So yeah. My 6 minutes are up. Byee

My reaction when I log on, post a long comment in a few minutes, and then log off:

Zaex

EDIT: Oh, and I should probably mention that I don't think that it should be based off of Followers, because of the issue where people would create alts and ask for followers. But rather, forumers who are deemed by either the staff or community to be highly outstanding and prominent, by methods such as future MCGamer Awards and threads like "The Best Forumers", run by OhFancy.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Then instead of double posting, people will be advertising their forum page, and we dont want that, do we?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci