• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why I quit being a mod before I got my In game Rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
So the general response is that If I was really dedicated I would have waited.

Well I'm not really dedicated to MCSG. Its just a hobby.
I'm dedicated to University studies, helping my family and working part time.
I thought It would be a fun process becoming a mod due to the experience I've had on different servers. So I applied.

I understand being passionate about becoming a mod, but at this point I feel like I gave them plenty of hours of my time, and received none of theirs. I get being busy but there is a line for everybody where they will move on to other things.

And for those of you saying I'm in it for a red name, you missed the point all together and your arguments don't have anything to do with what I talked about.

This is like no-life studying when an upcoming exam is coming, you do the exam, you get amazing results, you don't need to work extremely hard anymore, you get the job you want, and then you decide life is unfair; you work too hard and quit ._.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
Being a mod is more than just catching hackers, it's about being there to help people who need help. Sometimes these people in need of help might be new to things or have a tougher time learning them than others. To effectively help these people, you have to be patience. If you wanted to become a moderator to help the community, then you should of been patience and showed your dedication to helping others. Quitting just because you have to wait for a colored name doesn't help anyone. Both the staff and the community lose because there is one less staff to help around. I've seen mods who have wait a lot longer for their ranks, and I can tell from them complaining about not having their ranks, and from other mods and people telling them to be patience, they've improved a lot more as a staff and a person in general.

If you're wonder why it would take so long for the staff to review your app, interview you, and give you your rank, it's because, believe it or not, we have lives outside of MCSG as well. Not only do we have to deal with school or work, we also have to deal with a lot of "behind the scene" MCSG work to keep everything in check. I can tell you now, it's no walk in the park.

So this leads to a question: How is quitting before getting your moderator rank going to help or solve anything?

I no longer want to be a part of the staff team, now that I've quit, I'm not.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
This is like no-life studying when an upcoming exam is coming, you do the exam, you get amazing results, you don't need to work extremely hard anymore, you get the job you want, and then you decide life is unfair; you work too hard and quit ._.

What if you got the job you wanted, but then were never given any work. Wouldn't that be a waste of time spent studying?

What if they said, you got the job, but you don't start for a year. Then when the year was up they said "the bosses got into a fight and forgot to put you on the roster" and now you have to wait another full year while all your friends who studied the same as you have jobs.

Then you got offered a second job, its not as god but you are immediately welcomed in to the team by all the staff. Then you decide you will just resign from the original place because the new one treats you nicer and even seeks you out to see how your going.

That's why I left

Yes but the thing is, it happened. You can't take it back, complaining won't help or change it. You just had to wait a tiny bit longer and you would have officially became a mod. I just don't see why you stopped being a mod after you finally got through the hard parts.

I don't want to continue giving time when I don't feel like a respected member. Its not about how hard it is, because it wasn't hard. It's an issue of poor communication making my time given so far feel unappreciated. That's why I don't want to offer any more of it, when I have others who communicate really well.

That probably seems offensive, sorry staff

He did it again after he apologized, look above my post.

Don't expect me to magically stop double posting, right after I said I have no control over it. It's not hurting anyone.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I no longer want to be a part of the staff team, now that I've quit, I'm not.
So to clarify, you applied for the position on a whim and weren't too serious about it, and because you had to do a bit of waiting and didn't understand the reason the senior staff weren't responding, you decided to quit?

I think you need to understand a few things:
  • Just like how you put aside time in your schedule to go through this process, the staff here are doing this in their spare time. And the higher rank they are, the more work they have. So it should be understandable that the Admins and Devs weren't able to get back to you as quickly as you would have liked. They have their jobs, family and social lives, then ontop of that all the work they take up here. No one has the right to complain.
  • Every mod had to wait their time too, some longer than other of course.
    The first time I applied, they accepted my Application in a week.
    The second time it took probably 3 weeks to get through the entire process, and the x amount of days to get my ingame rank.
    It even took 2 weeks to just switch my ingame rank to a new account. But like I said, a large amount of the work put in by the staff is in their free time, so I was ok with waiting.
As for the mods that you said were reluctant to help you, I can't say much in either direction on that one.

Correct me if I'm wrong about all of this.
and P.S: I'm not trying to start anything.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
So to clarify, you applied for the position on a whim and weren't too serious about it, and because you had to do a bit of waiting and didn't understand the reason the senior staff weren't responding, you decided to quit?

Yes! :D Except for the part about not understanding that the dev's were busy. I do get that.

I applied on a whim, because my brother got rejected for his age and we thought it would be nice to help so I tried instead of him.
I was never serious about the position, It was supposed to be a fun part of my hobby, but was wasting too much time.

I just feel like it should be improved for new applicants because I'm sure they don't want to spend as much time as I did doing nothing in the teamspeak rooms.
The last guy I spoke to in there had waited 4 days on his own and nobody had spoken to him the whole time!
There should be a set interview time so he can do other things instead of waiting for busy people.

Everyone always says "It's to test your patience" But I'ts really just because everyone is too busy.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
What if you got the job you wanted, but then were never given any work. Wouldn't that be a waste of time spent studying?

What if they said, you got the job, but you don't start for a year. Then when the year was up they said "the bosses got into a fight and forgot to put you on the roster" and now you have to wait another full year while all your friends who studied the same as you have jobs.

Then you got offered a second job, its not as god but you are immediately welcomed in to the team by all the staff. Then you decide you will just resign from the original place because the new one treats you nicer and even seeks you out to see how your going.

That's why I left
You don't not start for a year. You had to wait a bit to get you're in-game rank, but it doesn't mean you can't report hackers and abusers, warn people and help the community. I did all of those even before I became a moderator. You were 'not given work' because you never contacted Dave to get your in-game rank and even then, as previously stated, you don't need to be a moderator to cleanse this community. You're 'friends' got their rank before you because they asked for it. You say waiting a year - if you honestly can't wait a week for you're rank I'm sorry, but many people, including me, had to wait forever. I literally got my forum rank on the day that I messaged Dave (about mid or late July)>>> This was a while after the hub merged but I was unaware. Don't blame the admins for you not taking the responsibility to get you're in-game rank.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes! :D Except for the part about not understanding that the dev's were busy. I do get that.

I applied on a whim, because my brother got rejected for his age and we thought it would be nice to help so I tried instead of him.
I was never serious about the position, It was supposed to be a fun part of my hobby, but was wasting too much time.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
Ahaha yes this is all a facepalm moment.
If I had know how tedious the process is I wouldn't have applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci