• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why I quit being a mod before I got my In game Rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3vokedGaming

Survivor
Reaction score
NOT WRITTEN BY ME, JUST A FRIEND OF MINE WHO HAPPENED TO READ THIS THREAD:
I'm not gonna argue about anything here, not gonna start a fight, but as a staff member, weren't you supposed to have enough time? If you have a real-life job and can't afford to spend enough time in MCSG and deal with the things that you are supposed to then you are not worth the rank... o_O

electromeerkat

Survivor
Reaction score
This is very insulting to the sr.staff I mean if your going to just whine after getting in why bother applying in the first place at least you got accepted i had to wait 2 months for my first application to get declined and you don't see me making threads saying that the sr.staff are lazy (because there not they are constantly bothered just like every other mod) what I did is went back and spent more time on my application and now its been put in to pending.

Edit: and as for having to wait a while for the mod interview you need a number of sr.staff in for the interview so you have to wait in till they are all free

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree that you shouldn't complain.

However:
If your counting thats almost 30 hours of my time. Not for my own gain, but trying to help the running of the servers. 30 hours and almost 0 communication from staff to players.

Interviews were run one day with 6 of us waiting. 4 of us took the interview, but me and fantasy decided to let the others go first, we were told they would do our the next day. They didn't us being polite costed us another 5 days of waiting.

They forget to add my name to the New Mod list.
My forum rank doesn't get changed.
My IGN rank isn't changed
No Sr.Mods don't have the ability to help here
The devs and admins dont respond to me on teamspeak or Forum messaging
2 players who were accepted after me already have their forum and in game rank

Im told I should devote an hour a day to the servers, when the devs havent given me 10 minuets to change my ranks

I can see where you might be frustrated with these.

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly I've heard longer and Personally mine was a short wait but there are many that waited a long period of Time. I Know that you waited quite a while. But its just the speed that it goes at. You have to be patient. I know that that's not what you wanted to hear but thats what i got. Once you get accepted you can go quite a while without your ingame rank my Friends figured that out. But its nothing Personal its just how busy everything is. if you need to get a hold of Admins and Devs there are ways just its difficult sometimes. The Process is long but it has its rewards. There is always a lot of contact between player and Staff in the waiting room but that isn't always our fault. I know This might just sound like a rant back at you but its not. We take time to do everything. I had a Friend who got mod waited 2 weeks to get their rank they just asked me to do he stuff they couldn't in that time. I understand where you are coming from and i respect your opinion but make sure to learn a little more about what is going on. Its a shame you retired rather quickly. We could have been great friends. Good Luck with your future life and Hope to see you round.
The Blue man.
(OnlyMathias)​

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
NOT WRITTEN BY ME, JUST A FRIEND OF MINE WHO HAPPENED TO READ THIS THREAD:
I'm not gonna argue about anything here, not gonna start a fight, but as a staff member, weren't you supposed to have enough time? If you have a real-life job and can't afford to spend enough time in MCSG and deal with the things that you are supposed to then you are not worth the rank... o_O
That does not mean that a voluntary job which you do not get paid for should be your absolute priority in life.

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
xD I don't know why, but I found this rather funny. If you truly wanted to be Mod you would have waited :I

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
My thoughts: Why quit? It will eventually happen, and now you threw it out the window and you'll have to wait again if you change your mind.

N0XUS

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree on some points. One being, "Why become a Mod if you wont help at all."

I've seen tonnes of Mods who just get their rank, and sit in a custom Teamspeak channel with their friends playing. And when you ask for help, you wait 10-20 minutes because they are playing with their friends. And when you do get a reply, its "I warned him.".

This is just stupid and why, I think, the age requirement for the Moderator application process needs to be increased to an even higher figure. I find this issue less with the older, mature mods-but more with the younger rather new mods.

However, its not like you're dying in the Teamspeak channel. Just chill there and go do other stuff. Teamspeak takes about half a kb of data a minute or something if you are just idle in it, maybe the staff ARE actually busy-you never know. Indeed though, waiting and having patience is a key asset that a Moderator should have to even gain the position.

I'm sorry all this happened to you, while I do agree on some points-I must also disagree with others.
Have fun and good luck anyway :)

N0XUS

Tribute
Reaction score
That does not mean that a voluntary job which you do not get paid for should be your absolute priority in life.
But it means that people who have more time than you and could do the job better should get priority over the job over you. I think that's what he was trying to say. I guess it makes some sense. Why choose a job you barely have time to do when someone else has more time and could do it better.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see why you would resign because you had to wait a really long time. On about 3 occassions I stayed up til 6:00AM for my MCTF2 mod interview, only to be told Gibbo is busy. So what? I truly wanted to be a mod and I didn't let it bother me. All things happen in due time - I had my interview a week later and got accepted. Resigning as a mod just because you had to wait for long hours seems silly to me; dedication is key and after receiving it, you threw it away because you realised you wasted long hours. The admins and Snr. Staff have IRL things going on as well; I think it's fair to say that MCSG is a second priority for many people but the Snr. Staff do their jobs very well nevertheless. They are the main functions of MCGamer and it's without a doubt one of the most popular Minecraft servers out there - it takes a lot of nerve to insult them. The Snr. Staff honestly don't receive as much credit as they deserve. Anyway, that's my little rant. I hope you made the right decision.

FYI: I inboxed Dave about it whilst I was in Europe and I got my forum rank 10 minutes later. It is your own fault for not contacting him.

But it means that people who have more time than you and could do the job better should get priority over the job over you. I think that's what he was trying to say. I guess it makes some sense. Why choose a job you barely have time to do when someone else has more time and could do it better.

Don't double post please; you can press reply twice to quote two posts at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci