• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why have a long chest route?

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol well, I personally have a long chest route on most maps and i have over 1300 wins.

You said that you know players that have long chest routes and have very little wins.. well I know people with short chest routes and very little wins xD. A chest route doesn't define how good or bad you are, its your pvp skills and how you think.

You can sit there and say it's better to get decent stuff, and go out and fight right away, well that also means that you have a better chance of dying. When there are that many players left in the game, it happens more often than not that you kills some player, then some random guy comes and kills you right after you fight someone else and are low on health

The smart thing to do tho, I think is to take a safe long chest route, hopefully by the time you are done, you are pretty stacked, alot of players are dead already, and you don't have to worry about dying to cheap deaths as much.

You talked about not being as good in pvp if you take 5-10 chest routes. Well yeah that is true in a way, if you like.. run and hide for pretty much the whole game, then don't fight til close to the end the game.. then yes it doesn't matter how long or short your route is, you're not going to do too well lol.

Saucycmeister

Platinum
Reaction score
I take super long chest routes, But when I'm finished my chest route, There's only like 10 people left, and at the end of my chest routes, I usually have pretty OP stuff, This is why long chest routes are good IMO.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I take super long chest routes, But when I'm finished my chest route, There's only like 10 people left, and at the end of my chest routes, I usually have pretty OP stuff, This is why long chest routes are good IMO.

Exactly, and besides, most chest routes you will come across other players, so not like you get no expereience fighting ppl if you take long routes :p

Turkeystar

Experienced
Reaction score
If I get good stuff in the first 5 or 6 chests in my chest route I will usually go around the map looking for people .

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
My chest routes are pretty vague as my main strategy is to go to a chest close to spawn, grab the weapon that is hopefully inside and then go kill tributes who grabbed the tier2 armour but no weapon

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
My route is long, but I know when to stop, out of my first 5 chests, 3 are tier 2's, so my chest route usually ends up being really short. but if I am in trouble, I have backup.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Ahem, you do realize that you may get a wood sword+from your chest route and get kills to get more stuff but why? Why waste/risk your time killing people when you could be even more safe taking your chest route (If it is good) to get more items. I prefer taking a long chest route then ending up with full chain/iron. It is a lot easier just looting chests then killing tons of people.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I personally think that my SG4 chest route is extremely OP... but maybe that's just my ego talking ;).
6+ tier 2's, 10+ tier 1's guaranteed.

JohnnyGoesSmash

Platinum
Reaction score
If I get stone sword from corn on solar frost I don't take any chests I just kill people so it's a 1 chest win lol

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In my opinion it's not about routes, but about knowledge of chests in general. If you would see that guy with the stone sword running towards your usual chests, you won't be going there. So you need to know other good places you can check. I think I know about 90% of all the places and chests on SG4, and therefore I know lots of places where to go.
Basically what I'm saying is that you need to know the whole map, or atleast some chests in most the places. If a chase gets you off your usual route, you shouldn't be completely lost.

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
I have long chest routes that I normally cut short when i see someone to kill...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci