• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why have a long chest route?

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
So, recently I have been noticing that a lot of my friends have extremely big chest routes. I then saw a few people show off enormous chest routes on the forums. Now, my question is why?

I normally loot 3-8 chests per game, as part of my route, as long as that gives me a wooden sword+. From there, I go ahead and get some kills, and consequently more stuff. In my opinion, all one needs to survive is a weapon, food and at least 4 armour bars. M Breeze Island chest route has 1 tier 2 and 2 tier 1s. My SG4 route has 2 tier 2s and 3 tier 1s. Look at my stats... 338 wins... Does it seem like I never win because my chest routes are too bad? Probably not. I mean I understand it if you have no weapon, than it is reasonable to get more chests apart from your route...

Some of my friends have chest routes which include going around the whole of SG4 to get 20+ chests. Then, they have like 22 wins... Why? Because they don't practise their PvP skills due to enormous, time-consuming routes. Now, why would you swim to that chest near the very edge of the map of Breeze Island if it is a tier 1, and there are many disused routes with about 5 tier 1s on the land?

I just don't see the point of spending 5-10 minutes on a chest route just to be killed by someone with full iron who has already got like 5 kills? I, personally, sometimes only loot chests until I get a wooden sword, or better, and then just to ahead and get full iron through killing people.

Explain to me the point of having a long and tedious route... Anyone?

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
There is no point to it, having long chest routes makes no sense to me.

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It really all depends on what kind of equipment you have. If you have low value equipment, you may have to find more chests. If you have high value equipment, then there is not much point looking for more chests.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Many people make the mistake of long chest routes as they believe the more chests you get, the more likely you are to win.
This is a awful mistake as, while you're doing this, other plays are gaining better gear by taking down other players.

The best strategy is to quickly get good gear and then take down other players before they get decked.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
I gather at least 20+ chests ok my route, I mean I can run around with a leather helmet and stone sword get an extreme amount of kills, but the thing is - I just seem to be unlucky in finding what I might need.

I find that it is easier to win a game when I am quite stacked (well of course it is). However the reason I did this significantly better is because I always manage to find someone with at least full iron stone/iron sword which will make my chances 1 in 500.

If I was given a stone sword, bow and 5 arrows and one flint&steel I could easily take the guy that is most stacked, not bragging but it can quite easy with the right equipment.

The reason I loot so many chests is also the fact I don't go to corn, because I find I am always targeted so much from the start I'd much rather have a long decent game before dying or winning, the only reason I might go to corn is if my chest route on the otherside of the corn - I've also been looting chests quite slow at the moment so that's another factor. If you even have a look at my stats on my last 10 or so games. Those games I have died I have been chased of spawn by some guy that hates me for whatever reason.

I am unlucky in what I find. All I do find seems to be cooked food and an iron/chain/gold helmets. Also so for tier 1s the stuff that I find is never useful, I have to either get a wooden sword to kill a guy with a stone sword (my luck) and the same with a stone to iron, because with my luck I get no where.

It doesn't really matter whether you loot 2 chests and win the game for being lucky and obtaining what you need or collecting 30 chests and being perfectly stacked for the game. Because I find that attempting to win a game completely under stacked will not actually allow you to improve, I believe it'll make a user way to cocky/arrogant in there ability(s).

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
On solar frost I find that the longer and more isolated your route is the better chance you have of winning. Its always chaotic on the small map, and although you may sometimes have the opportunity to murder a stacked guy that has just come out of a fight, someone may very well do the same to you. As long as you have a decent chest route with multiple Tier 2's (Mine on Solar frost has 6 counting corn) you will have enough gear to kill the other players in DM.

Although this may just be me, whenever I take a short chest route/ don't take one at all, I do stupid things. Heck, I do stupid things even when I take chest routes, but I have a lower chance of doing something stupid if I'm not trying to run around murdering people instead of taking a quaint little chest route.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Well. You guys explain your routes while I find my route according to where I spawn in the Corn. I know just about every map and have 4-6 different routes in each. take Sg4 for example. I have 20+ routes. I take whichever one is closest to me from where I spawn. These routes usually have 4 tier ones and 2 tier twos. I'm set where ever I spawn!

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The only route I have that is extremely long is on SG4, which I am actually trying to find a new route for. I can't help getting every Tier 2 that I see, because my route currently goes to the train station, which seems to have infinite Tier 2 loot. On other maps, my route is generally not very long.

NinjaReaper1231

Diamond
Reaction score
I use long chest routes to get decked, for example my route on Holiday Resort has 7 Tier 2's, and 10+ Tier 1's but I usually skip most of the Tier 1's. After my route I still have 4-6 minutes to get to corn and kill some people. I use a long chest route to raise my chances of getting full iron and lower the chances of others. And you may not always know where people are, so you are going to waste valuable time looking for people, and chests are always in the same spot so you don't waste any time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci