• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Era of MCSG Are We In?

What was your favorite era?

• Joey Graceffa Era

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Hacker Era

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • Bajan Era

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • What is an era xD

Votes: 10 11.9%

• Total voters

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I honestly think the hacking, teaming etc era responses aren't really sufficient answers, all of these things have happened since the beginning and will happen until the end. Honestly, in my opinion, I wouldn't call it the "Map era" or anything but this has been one of the first times maps have been added and removed on a consistent basis.
No...plz...no end too mcsg don't say that ;-;
The era of Japanese teams. Just kidding, competitive era for sure.
why Japanese?
The Rebel Against Staff Era
The Removal of Friend Era
The Cube Era
The Huahwi Is Dead Era
The Red Forest Era (R.I.P.)
There more like events but whatever ever

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I agree that this is the tryhard era (among many other things), but I miss the days when it was hard to win. Now there's a basic formula to winning that pretty much everyone can follow: get a chest route, get gear, kill the other players and win. It may have gotten harder since all the players have gotten better, but there is still a strategy to win. I miss the days back in beta where everyone was a noob, and you would run around on SG 1 in leather armor, and hide in a tree if you saw someone come close. I know the feeling has been somewhat recreated in the form of SG Classic, but it's not the same. I'm not nostalgic for being under geared and being killed by mobs. I'm nostalgic for the days when I was exploring something new, and I really didn't know what was going to happen. Nowadays, each game is really just a rinse and repeat, and any wins you get are just another number tallied on to the 1000+ you already have. Back when I started playing, you needed 26 wins to get into the top 100 (I remember, because that's the amount I had when I hit #100), and every win felt like a victory. Bringing back the gameplay from those days won't bring back the feelings, because it's the players who've changed more than the game. They care far more about winning a match than the journey it takes to get there. Each game is either a win, or a loss, not the adventure it used to be. Everyone is far too good at the game to enjoy the simple pleasures MCSG used to hold, and that's not going to change.

I'm getting really nostalgic and depressing, but I guess that's what staying up till 2:30 with a concussion will do to you :p
Completely agree. Exactly how I feel. Now you made me sad. xD

TotalyNotHawk62

Experienced
Reaction score
This isn't the hacker era, I'm certain of that. If you want to see the hacker era go back beta or *shivers* version 1.3 of minecraft.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
As it is summer, and most people have more time, I can easily say the tryhard era.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci