• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Era of MCSG Are We In?

What was your favorite era?

• Joey Graceffa Era

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Hacker Era

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • Bajan Era

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • What is an era xD

Votes: 10 11.9%

• Total voters

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I think we're in a Semi-Great Depression Era. Moderators are upset and resigning because they don't agree with the direction the staff is taking and the decision they're making, people are complaining about their non-existent lack of service towards the community as usual, and the staff are generally receiving a lot of hate. I really hope people get the image of the staff being corrupted and dishonest out of their heads.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I honestly think it is the competitive era, a time when people play to win and clans etc are getting more popular. Leader-board and stats positions are everyone's main priority. Weather it be via making new accounts or resetting stats. Also things like special tactics in PvP such as the fishing rod technique and FnS tricks are getting more popular. Also high ranked players/ youtubers are getting very popular.

tommat6000

Experienced
Reaction score
I just noticed the poll was "What was your FAVORITE" By looking at the replies, they don't look pleasant :/
Oh I voted hacker because I didn't read it :3 Thought it was asking what we're in now ..
Anyways, I think we are on the way out of the hacker era. Obviously it will take time, but they've sorted regen hacks, which was the worst one

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh I voted hacker because I didn't read it :3 Thought it was asking what we're in now ..
Anyways, I think we are on the way out of the hacker era. Obviously it will take time, but they've sorted regen hacks, which was the worst one
Ikr, now you can just arrows spam hackers c:

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I think we're in a Semi-Great Depression Era. Moderators are upset and resigning because they don't agree with the direction the staff is taking and the decision they're making, people are complaining about their non-existent lack of service towards the community as usual, and the staff are generally receiving a lot of hate. I really hope people get the image of the staff being corrupted and dishonest out of their heads.
Let's be honest here, there's a reason why people see the staff this way. Things that people have been asking for for a very long time still haven't been added. Just an example of this would be monthly/regional leaderboards. < that wouldn't even be too difficult, as we've had regional leaderboards in the past.

I do like how the staff are paying more attention to maps and stuff now though :3

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
The sweat era because everyone sweats this game now

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd say we're in 2 phases/eras at this current moment:
1- 'Where is Huahwi?/!?!?!?!?!'
2- 'gg10 eZ nub rekt'

Props to whoever can come up for a name that encompasses both ideas simultaneously (find a term that sums up both).

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
The sweaty era joethepro15 Edog

:D

But seriously, hackers were at a minimal the second half of May with the clean sweep in action, now even though regen has gone there's hackers practically every game.

xxSPUxx

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree that this is the tryhard era (among many other things), but I miss the days when it was hard to win. Now there's a basic formula to winning that pretty much everyone can follow: get a chest route, get gear, kill the other players and win. It may have gotten harder since all the players have gotten better, but there is still a strategy to win. I miss the days back in beta where everyone was a noob, and you would run around on SG 1 in leather armor, and hide in a tree if you saw someone come close. I know the feeling has been somewhat recreated in the form of SG Classic, but it's not the same. I'm not nostalgic for being under geared and being killed by mobs. I'm nostalgic for the days when I was exploring something new, and I really didn't know what was going to happen. Nowadays, each game is really just a rinse and repeat, and any wins you get are just another number tallied on to the 1000+ you already have. Back when I started playing, you needed 26 wins to get into the top 100 (I remember, because that's the amount I had when I hit #100), and every win felt like a victory. Bringing back the gameplay from those days won't bring back the feelings, because it's the players who've changed more than the game. They care far more about winning a match than the journey it takes to get there. Each game is either a win, or a loss, not the adventure it used to be. Everyone is far too good at the game to enjoy the simple pleasures MCSG used to hold, and that's not going to change.

I'm getting really nostalgic and depressing, but I guess that's what staying up till 2:30 with a concussion will do to you :p
Well, it's kinda weird that I hide in trees whenever I see people... Then bacca them from the trees!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci