• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you consider 'pinger' or 'pingplayer'?

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I've been called a pinger multiple times before, and that is absolutely insane, because nobody has called me that before this weekend.

I get 40m/s to the EU servers, which in my opinion is not good at all, and people get mad at me when I tell them my ping and say that it's op.

The thing is though, I can't affect my ping, maybe if someone is watching Netflix at the same time, my ping would be slightly worse, but to be honest, of course I will play with the best ping available, who wouldn't? I won't make my connection worse on purpose, just so people wouldn't call me a pinger.

What are your opinions on this, and how do you consider someone a 'pinger'?

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I consider "ping players" those who I can easily tell that have no skill, but manage to beat me solely because of their OP ping.
Usually under 30 pins is where it gets pretty OP compared to my average 120.

Not all people with great ping are ping abusers, though. Lots are great PvP'ers, so you gotta make sure and watch their strats before calling them a ping player. (not that you should at all, just shrug it off :p)

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't even get why people yell ping abuse and get mad at others for having a good (meaning low) ping. I mean, just as said in the OP, are you supposed to download all kinds of things (yeah, I know what you're thinking) just to get an "average" ping?!?

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I consider "ping players" those who I can easily tell that have no skill, but manage to beat me solely because of their OP ping.
Usually under 30 pins is where it gets pretty OP compared to my average 120.

Not all people with great ping are ping abusers, though. Lots are great PvP'ers, so you gotta make sure and watch their strats before calling them a ping player. (not that you should at all, just shrug it off :p)
I haven't seen a guy whose 'skill' is pure ping, but I guess they are the kind of guys who don't know how to use the ping to their advantage.

Yeah, I understand my 40 is OP compared to 120m/s players :D but it doesn't matter that much if you have only 10 or 20m/s worse ping :3
I don't even get why people yell ping abuse and get mad at others for having a good (meaning low) ping. I mean, just as said in the OP, are you supposed to download all kinds of things (yeah, I know what you're thinking) just to get an "average" ping?!?
Exactly^

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People are usually like 'omg he got more hits than me nice op ping' to be honest. Ping abuse isn't even a thing because because you can't abuse it nor help it, unless you slowed it with DoS or something. Who would want to intentionally make their internet laggy for the sake of pleasing someone with worse average connection than you?

Hells_Reject

Platinum
Reaction score
I've been called a pinger multiple times before, and that is absolutely insane, because nobody has called me that before this weekend.

I get 40m/s to the EU servers, which in my opinion is not good at all, and people get mad at me when I tell them my ping and say that it's op.

The thing is though, I can't affect my ping, maybe if someone is watching Netflix at the same time, my ping would be slightly worse, but to be honest, of course I will play with the best ping available, who wouldn't? I won't make my connection worse on purpose, just so people wouldn't call me a pinger.

What are your opinions on this, and how do you consider someone a 'pinger'?
i personnaly think thats pinging because of the fact i get 100ms and still get called a ping abuser

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a 'ping player'. That phrase annoys me to no end. I mean really, as soon as anyone dies to someone else in a fair fight, they need an excuse. Was it 'bowspam'? No. Was it 'hacks'? No. So it was ping. ACCEPT A LOSS PEOPLE.

Due to me moving house a few times (sort of) I've played on a ton of different strengths of connection to EU. I've played on:
9 ping, 20 ping, 40 ping, 60 ping, and 120 ping. Does ping make a difference? Of course it does. There is no doubt that 9 ping is way better than 120. But when people who get 40 ping try to call people who get 30 ping 'ping abusers', it annoys me so much. Think about it for a second... the difference between the two is 0.01 seconds, and even in tight situations that is barely anything. You got 9-hearted because your opponent was better, not because he had some miniscule time advantage over you. Another thing: What is ping abuse? This has been asked so many times and no one has ever been able to come up with a decent answer.

What annoys me the most, though, is when people call others 'nothing but ping'. Seriously, if someone beats you and they have slightly better ping than you, they are almost certainly better than you. Even if they were playing with 40 more ping they would almost certainly still beat you. Just because your ego is bruised because you lost a game and it's made you look bad doesn't mean you didn't get beaten by someone better than you.

The whole ping thing pretty much boils down to the fact that cocky people need to face up to the fact that they aren't the best player in the world.

/rant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci