• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

We want the old MCSG back! **Chest Update**

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Everyone wants the old mcsg back to v1, now they say, WE WANT OLD MCSG!! Go Back to V2, back to the old days!

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I played my first game, and found that all my tier 2's were exactly the same. Full iron and iron sword, same as team-mate.

tom00117

Career
Reaction score
Are the EU servers updated? Because I don't notice any change in EU..

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
And a majority of those tier 2s were probably not even tier 2 worthy..

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
mcsg v2 was too easy, i guess that's why they called it 2 :|

WertQuadNine

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay people: listen.

Obviously, some people aren't prepared for the change. Most people on the forums have heard about the Chest Update and have been ready for it... heck: excited for it, for a long while. Meanwhile the serverside people are happily playing their maximized-for-pvp survival games without a clue of the looming changes.

This change is pretty drastic to gameplay: chest routes are totaled, teams are slightly more OP (many hands make light work), and the deathmatch isn't stacked to the brim with iron armor and diamonds. Surviving is now part of gameplay once again. PvP is still major, but it is less of the focal point, now sharing the limelight with starvation, poor armament, and ill-equipping. Survival is what will make MCSG more fun again. It's more of a challenge, more of a goal. Especially for people who were 'too good', this update is a life saver of our declining enjoyment.

You'll survive the update, and you'll enjoy struggling to survive in the games.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
Amen.

Gustyy

Platinum
Reaction score
Personally I HATE the new chest update, the items in the chests are absolute crap! I have gone to death match with no weapon and partial leather armor after going on my chest route which would give me full iron and a diamond or iron sword before the update. Most of my friends play mcsg and we all despise the items in the chests, if mcsg would have just left the tier ones and twos alone and just added 2 or 3 tier 3's it would be ok, but the fact that finding good armor and weapons have become impossible ruins the mcsg experience. I still love mcsg and will continue to play but this is just my input on the new chest update.
You want the old MCSG back? Then you will be playing with the same chests as now.. xD In the OLD MCSG (beta) chests were like this. So? You just said: Don't change it back.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You guys are purposely misunderstanding his words. Technically, both v1 and v2 chests were older than this new chest update. You guys know what he means; stop playing dumb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci