• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Using Gay As An Insult.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
In today's society, gay is used as an insult, the majority of people use it as an insult rather than a sexuality.
Just like how the S-word is used as a swear word, but it actually means feces.
Yeah, but what I mean is that word isnt supposed to be an insult and thus, it shouldnt be taken as such in my opinion.

But then again, words are innocent in a sence.... we are the ones which give them their meanings and uses.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Yeah, but what I mean is that word isnt supposed to be an insult and thus, it shouldnt be taken as such in my opinion.

But then again, words are innocent in a sence.... we are the ones which give them their meanings and uses.
c: Just like guns don't kill people - we do.

CelebornTF

Spectator
Reaction score
I've been called "gay" before, my friends have been called "gay" before. Heck, even my teachers have had the word shouted at their faces by disrespectful students.
Is it right? No. But is it going to stop? Eh, I doubt it.

What can we do about it? As far as I know, it's something so widespread that it would require a massive effort to fix it. Alas, I rather doubt we could organize something like that. But it'd be fun to think about it. So with that said, I don't think we can really do much about it directly.

Indirectly, however, we can try to influence the people around us. Everything starts somewhere, so why not have it start with us?
If you're able to, please try the following:
Approach at least two people that you know who has used "gay" as an insult before. Try to discuss the topic with them, and perhaps show them some of the posts that people have made here. Explain to them how absurd, harmful, and toxic it is. If possible, try to convince them to watch their language. It's possible to use clean language, but still be "cool" or whatever it is that they try to do by talking like that.

TheSuperN0va

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello:

You made this whole thread for this one word...? Like come on guys, really......? This word can be taken in the wrong way, Most people take it as an insult. I sure know my friend does. Also you are wasting your time just making this thread, Because the Sr.Mods and above, Know this won't be changed, Cause most people would use it in the wrong way.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm a very feminen guy and I get accused of being gay and stuff a lot :(

SpyderByteFilms

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree, this is a serious conflict. And no, saying other males are good looking is not normal, but definately not homo-sexual. Girls do it all the time like "OMG GIRL! You look soooo cute!" With no intention of being lesbian. And please don't let this get to you. If it does and someone repeatedly says this, report them! The Ban-Hammer is a powerful thing...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci