• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Trying to "save" MCGamer.

I...

• Enjoy 1.8

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • Dont enjoy 1.8

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Want 1.7 back, whatever it takes

Votes: 58 58.6%

• Total voters

Wrathy

Spectator
Reaction score
I kind of realize that 1.8 PvP isn't as good as 1.7, however converting to 1.7 might be a bit more difficult than you think. I was a person that disliked 1.8 due to it's PvP, but now i absolutely love it. Why? you may ask, well the PvP in 1.8 isn't that hard to get used to and when you do i assure you that you can beat people in 1.7. Why? because of the major fps boost that 1.8 has, when i started playing 1.8 and got used to the PvP. I managed to beat people that i never ever could've beaten. It's a matter of time until 1.9 comes and from what i heard they are taking the PvP to another different level. Just be patient..

c o l t o n

Platinum
Reaction score
yo I'm just gonna say noobs are gonna keep joining this server and keep donating even through they are garb @ pvp so ha they aren't gonna be saving mcsg so yh

joshiee

Experienced
Reaction score
Yeah, then MCSG wonders why half of the community has left...
Honestly for some reason everytime someone made a thread like this it would be considered as spam and lock the thread. And the community isn't liking it.
So what I think is to make a poll just like what you did for stat reset, and if we have 75%- not 50% but 75% people saying to downgrade to 1.7 we do. If 50% or lower say no, then we don't.

Last edited:

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Yeah, then MCSG wonders why half of the community has left...
Honestly for some reason everytime someone made a thread like this it would be considered as spam and lock the thread. And the community isn't liking it.
So what I think is to make a poll just like what you did for stat reset, and if we have 75%- not 50% but 75% people saying to downgrade to 1.7 we do. If 50% or lower say no, then we don't.
I'm pretty sure MCSG had statistics on the percentage of 1.7 and 1.8 clients when they supported both. The numbers were like 80% of the community playing on 1.8 and like 20% on 1.7

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
As much as I support your idea with the PvP side, I think the other attribute to user(s) 'hate of 1.8' is the FPS issue, lag spikes etc. How would we fix this problem? Replicating PvP to 1.7 would be amazing though!
I'm not 100% about this but I think the biggest problem people have with 1.8 is the PvP, and RP's being a fairly close contender but they are being fixed now. Also me and a lot of my mates' FPS has doubled since 1.8 and now I can play without crashing on some maps. This may only be a minority though but yeah.

MaximMine

Platinum
Reaction score
Soon enough, Mojang is planning on fixing all of the PvP issues that came in 1.8.
1.9, the combat update.
1.9 , The combat update "Cooldowns on pvp materials.

I kind of realize that 1.8 PvP isn't as good as 1.7, however converting to 1.7 might be a bit more difficult than you think. I was a person that disliked 1.8 due to it's PvP, but now i absolutely love it. Why? you may ask, well the PvP in 1.8 isn't that hard to get used to and when you do i assure you that you can beat people in 1.7. Why? because of the major fps boost that 1.8 has, when i started playing 1.8 and got used to the PvP. I managed to beat people that i never ever could've beaten. It's a matter of time until 1.9 comes and from what i heard they are taking the PvP to another different level. Just be patient..
Yes, I do agree with some things you pointed out, the FPS Increase is good, but the most players get huge lag spikes, where they just drop to zero frames for 1 or more seconds.

bring back dave
please

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci