• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips please? <3

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score
im not really familiar with that graphics card sooooo idk
Wait, if I got 4 GTX p60s, will I get 1000+ fps and once I replace my graphics card will I have to do some settings or anything

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What about if I got 4 Titan X's with a really good water cooling system? xD
Massive waste of graphics power. I used to own a watercooled GTX Titan and now own a watercooled 980 Ti, both went underused as heck when playing Minecraft.

You'd get the same amount of FPS as if you just had 1 card, unless you were running a very high resolution or multiple high resolution displays. I get 1200 when rendering out a new single player world on medium settings, although that's mainly because of my computer's processing power (watercooled and overclocked i7 3960X with 16GB of RAM to work with) more than my graphics power.

Wait, if I got 4 GTX p60s, will I get 1000+ fps and once I replace my graphics card will I have to do some settings or anything
No need to do a quad-SLI 960 setup. If you have that much money, you may as well buy a 980 Ti which will beat 4 960's anyway in almost every aspect (mainly power consumption and thermal output/heat output).

Not to mention you'd have to upgrade your motherboard to even support quad SLI and upgrade your CPU so that it doesn't bottleneck that kind of graphics setup.

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score
Massive waste of graphics power. I used to own a watercooled GTX Titan and now own a watercooled 980 Ti, both went underused as heck when playing Minecraft.

You'd get the same amount of FPS as if you just had 1 card, unless you were running a very high resolution or multiple high resolution displays. I get 1200 when rendering out a new single player world on medium settings, although that's mainly because of my computer's processing power (watercooled and overclocked i7 3960X with 16GB of RAM to work with) more than my graphics power.

No need to do a quad-SLI 960 setup. If you have that much money, you may as well buy a 980 Ti which will beat 4 960's anyway in almost every aspect (mainly power consumption and thermal output/heat output).

Not to mention you'd have to upgrade your motherboard to even support quad SLI and upgrade your CPU so that it doesn't bottleneck that kind of graphics setup.
Well I just went to the store and bought the EVGA GTX 960 superclock 4GB. What is the 3 packets for that come with it? and is there a special way of installing it

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well I just went to the store and bought the EVGA GTX 960 superclock 4GB. What is the 3 packets for that come with it? and is there a special way of installing it
The 3 packets probably contain the cables you'll need to use to plug your graphics card into your motherboard, some screws and stuff for removing the PCI-E lane covers on the back of your case and maybe an SLI bridge (probably came with your motherboard, though).

Other than that, you install it the same way you do with any graphics card by putting it in a PCI-E lane, connecting the cables you need to and voila. Look it up on Google if you don't know what you're doing.

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score
The 3 packets probably contain the cables you'll need to use to plug your graphics card into your motherboard, some screws and stuff for removing the PCI-E lane covers on the back of your case and maybe an SLI bridge (probably came with your motherboard, though).

Other than that, you install it the same way you do with any graphics card by putting it in a PCI-E lane, connecting the cables you need to and voila. Look it up on Google if you don't know what you're doing.
is my old graphics card crap? is this one better by 2 or 3 times?

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score

I installed the graphics card and my computer just turns on and off repeatedly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci