• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips please? <3

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...id=1455919967&sr=1-1&keywords=GeForce+GTX+960 look at that should I get that?

I think a GTX 960 would be your ideal fit. I currently have one with an i5 6600k and I have no problems with any of the mainstream games. That's games like Minecraft, CSGO, GTA V and other Steam top sellers. If you get this that would give you another 250 dollars left over and you could always load up on a new keyboard, mouse or even a monitor. :) Best of luck man! Any questions feel free to DM me!
If I got this would it be better? http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...id=1455919967&sr=1-1&keywords=GeForce+GTX+960

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMets

Experienced
Reaction score
I'd ask another computer junkie on that one. You just want to make sure that it is compatible with your build before you buy it. I think it is just don't quote me. But check this out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487155&cm_re=gtx960-_-14-487-155-_-Product That's a darn good graphics card but like I said make sure you know it is compatible with your motherboard/ power supply and it won't mess anything up. Also, I would try and stay away from the GTX 750 or 750ti. They are cheaper, but they are also made cheaper.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The i5 4460 is fine. The only reason you'd need to upgrade your CPU is:
- if you needed the extra power, in which case I'd recommend an i7, but only if you really need it;
- or unless you wanted to overclock, in which case you'd need to get an unlocked Intel processor, identified by a K after the model (ie: i5 6600K). Although, if you were overclocking, I'd also recommend getting some sort of aftermarket CPU cooling solution too.

The GPU leaves a lot of room for improvement. I see a lot of people have suggested a GTX 960, and I too agree on this choice. Pretty solid choice, the recommendation I'll leave below is the 4GB VRAM model. Reason behind this is that I'd personally spend the extra $50 on that extra VRAM as I feel 2GB isn't enough- but that's coming from someone who has a GPU with 6GB of VRAM.

My recommendation for a good GTX 960 (price: $377 NZD)

Apart from that, your build is pretty solid. Just lacks graphics power.

Last edited:

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Right now I get 100-300fps, if I get this will I get 500+?
It'll just give you flexibility with what settings you can have on. You should be able to comfortably up them from what they're currently at with a 960, unless you're already running high settings as it is.

Oh, yeah, and high resolution resource packs won't hit your FPS that hard.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
If you are in NZ I would suggest buying parts off Computerlounge. They are generally the cheapest proper retail prices, and they know their stuff. Things on Newegg/amazon/other overseas-based sites may be cheaper, but shipping price is generally huge, and it's actually cheaper to just buy in the country.

Computerlounge has a shop in Auckland, but ship nationwide.

Otherwise PBtech is in most cities, but they can be more expensive if you don't get it in a sale (also have to be careful, as all of their prices exclude GST. Need to make sure you hit the "include GST" button to ensure you are seeing the proper price.)

MrMets

Experienced
Reaction score
I would recommend sticking to New Egg or Amazon. This way there is no horsing around and they are super easy to deal with. Yes, it will definitely boost your FPS but I can't say how much.

hakt

Platinum
Reaction score
I would suggest you getting a GeForce GTX 950/960 graphics card and that's pretty much it your specs are above average only thing is your graphics card, it's really crap.
I get 100-300 fps with that, how much do you think with GTX 960 overclock?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci