• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Thoughts on the New Chest Update

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well in that case, I better start practicing. I ask only one thing though. Would it ever be a possibility to leave maybe 20 or so Servers as the current Version?
for US 100 servers with update 100 without,EU 75 without update,75 with it,AU idk,AS,idk,CA,idk

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you vote as we want to make sure we do what the community wants.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/stats/polls/ Interesting, check out the lastest poll we put on so far. We may be revisiting this idea as a whole depending on the outcome this weekend.
I'd be careful with that, scrapping the idea for now seems a bit extreme based on the result of a single poll.

Nobody likes things being "nerfed" or changed in any game. Ever. I shouldn't need to pull out examples.

And, no offense to anyone, but this is especially true in a community where the age range is so young. There is a reason the forum community has been so much more supportive of the idea mostly, whereas the ingame community hasn't: The forum community is mostly older and contains many more veteran users who were a part of the time when chests were more survival based. They have a much better understanding of what such a question really means.

In fact, this poll at the moment is telling me that, with balance changes here and there, this update has been a success so far. This is the second poll about nerfing chest items, actually. The last one was even more drastically in favor of not changing it - 90% to keeping it to 10% changing it, which is now 75% PvP (Keeping it) 25% Survival. (Changing it) That's a 30% increase (technically - 15% less is towards the other group now.)

Remember, sometimes, there are decisions that are better made by higher ups than the community, and honestly, this is one of them. It was right to listen to the forum community to make them more survival based, but don't go back just because the rest of the community doesn't want to adjust - they will, just as they did for every other change it's went through. Remember how many people complained when MCSGv2 came out? I'm sure if you made a poll the day after that happened - when it was in beta, just like the chest update now - everyone would have voted to bring MCSGv1 back.

Edit: At least, if you are going to remove it based off a poll, give it more like a month, not less than a week. People need to adjust.

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd be careful with that, scrapping the idea for now seems a bit extreme based on the result of a single poll.

Nobody likes things being "nerfed" or changed in any game. Ever. I shouldn't need to pull out examples.

And, no offense to anyone, but this is especially true in a community where the age range is so young. There is a reason the forum community has been so much more supportive of the idea mostly, whereas the ingame community hasn't: The forum community is mostly older and contains many more veteran users who were a part of the time when chests were more survival based. They have a much better understanding of what such a question really means.

In fact, this poll at the moment is telling me that, with balance changes here and there, this update has been a success so far. This is the second poll about nerfing chest items, actually. The last one was even more drastically in favor of not changing it - 90% to keeping it to 10% changing it, which is now 75% PvP (Keeping it) 25% Survival. (Changing it) That's a 30% increase (technically - 15% less is towards the other group now.)

Remember, sometimes, there are decisions that are better made by higher ups than the community, and honestly, this is one of them. It was right to listen to the forum community to make them more survival based, but don't go back just because the rest of the community doesn't want to adjust - they will, just as they did for every other change it's went through. Remember how many people complained when MCSGv2 came out? I'm sure if you made a poll the day after that happened - when it was in beta, just like the chest update now - everyone would have voted to bring MCSGv1 back.
Lets just wait for the poll to end... just felt like saying server-side community is much larger than forum community

Reaction score

I see where you are coming from, but dont you think you may be stereotyping the non-forum community? Perhaps, saying their opinion isnt a great as any forum member's?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from, but dont you think you may be stereotyping the non-forum community? Perhaps, saying their opinion isnt a great as any forum member's?
Frankly, oftentimes it isn't. They don't actually take time to think of implications, problems, benefits, etc. Just "I like it now, /pv 1"

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score

Edit: At least, if you are going to remove it based off a poll, give it more like a month, not less than a week. People need to adjust.
G33ke that was genius! I completely agree with that!

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I am a bit, but honestly, what I'm more-so trying to get at is the fact that people need to adjust, and while there are plenty of people in the in-game community who do know what they are talking about...there's a reason the bacca/joey fan stereotypes exist. Being blunt, I wouldn't only want them to decide the outcome of such things all on their own. Yes - community feedback is great, but I honestly believe that it should not be such a big deciding factor in this particular case.

Steriotypes have some truth to them, you know. It's not fair to put all baccas/joey fans into one group when dealing with one particular one, but that doesn't stop it from being truthful that the ones who do go under the stereotype do effect this majorly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci