• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Thoughts on the New Chest Update

Tk1602

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't particularly like the new chest update as you get less arrows which isn't good enough. I like the old one much more

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wrong.
Hive chests look like v1 chests. New chests look like v1 chests.
Hence, we do not resemble the Hive. The Hive resembles us.

I don't particularly like the new chest update as you get less arrows which isn't good enough. I like the old one much more
Your complaint is invalid,
'Less arrows which isn't good enough'
What is that supposed to mean? I'm guessing that you were in a fight and ran out of ammunition?
There are swords and axes in the game for a reason. Use them.
If you don't have the offensive capability to win a fight, don't engage. Simple.

Last edited:

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So the new chest update has been released in Beta for servers 1 - 10, and I've played it myself and am actually shocked on how much it resembles Hive.
Not sure how to can claim we are copying another community where we are going back to our MCSGv1 roots way back in 2012. That specific community you are claiming never even existed (+ adding some updates with the latest version of Minecraft as some items were not even created then). Wonder if that community copied MCSGv1? Hmm...

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not sure how to can claim we are copying another community where we are going back to our MCSGv1 roots way back in 2012. That specific community you are claiming never even existed (+ adding some updates with the latest version of Minecraft as some items were not even created then). Wonder if that community copied MCSGv1? Hmm...
Chad hath spoken

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
From what I heard, one of the head developers of the Hive actually coded the chests for mcsg, which explains why they are similar. So I don't think either community can say they were "copied"; the developer just gave his work to both servers.

BushieHalf

Diamond
Reaction score
I particularly enjoy the thought of Survival Games relying more on PvP skills rather than the intent of Survival with there being some changes referring back to V1 with less food and what not, and, basically actual Survival (Ironically because of the name of the Games). And I just pulled a noob move and forgot that V1 was like that because I came in around end of V2. Never really experienced v1.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I don't think either community can say they were "copied"; the developer just gave his work to both servers.
So the idea was used within our setup but the dev left for a brand new competing community that started this year using the same game setup and information as MCSG's core. If that isn't the definition of copying, not sure what is.

I particularly enjoy the thought of Survival Games relying more on PvP skills rather than the intent of Survival with there being some changes referring back to V1 with less food and what not, and, basically actual Survival (Ironically because of the name of the Games).
Our goal is to find a happy medium between Survival and PvP. Please make sure you are all active so that we can adjust anything that is unbalanced or OP.

BushieHalf

Diamond
Reaction score
So the idea was used within our setup but the dev left for a brand new competing community that started this year using the same game setup and information as MCSG's core. If that isn't the definition of copying, not sure what is.

Our goal is to find a happy medium between Survival and PvP. Please make sure you are all active so that we can adjust anything that is unbalanced or OP.
Well in that case, I better start practicing. I ask only one thing though. Would it ever be a possibility to leave maybe 20 or so Servers as the current Version?

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
Is this actually what happened?

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score

I agree with this. MCSG right now has a good mix between with survival and PvP ESPECIALLY with the new update of chests. It makes it lots more survival and yet still good PvP.

TheYahcookie

Career
Reaction score
I really, really want to like this chest update, but sadly, I haven't been able to enjoy it. I think it's because some of the randomness (yes I know, v1 resemblance), such as clocks, maps, and compasses in tier 2's. Additionally, the adding of tier 3's is uncool. I know, I'm supposed to survive, but it's not fair, in the end when a player has diamond hat and boots, full iron, and a diamond sword, when I have full leather and a wood sword. Whoever finds the tier 3 wins... basically. ALSO... the lack of chests in every game. Is that a bug? Breeze has 2 chests in corn, and barely any chests around the map. Many peoples' routes have been ruined because of the random chest thingy... so yeah :p
That's my rant on v3 chests. Don't get mad at me, we all have our own opinions <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci