• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Thoughts on the New Chest Update

Reaction score
Frankly, oftentimes it isn't. They don't actually take time to think of implications, problems, benefits, etc. Just "I like it now, /pv 1"
Honestly, just because someone doesnt have a forum account, doesnt mean that their opinion doesnt matter. If you want v1 chests back, you dont need to make an excuse pretty much stereotyping people without a forum account. Honsetly, everyones opinion matters.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
G33ke that was genius! I completely agree with that!
We do have a community that never goes on the site. Not saying that we are going to scrap the idea completely, but may make us think on how we can better please everyone. We are going to let this poll sit over the weekend and see where it is at by monday.

Reaction score
We do have a community that never goes on the site. Not saying that we are going to scrap the idea completely, but may make us think on how we can better please everyone. We are going to let this poll sit over the weekend and see where it is at by monday.
This man knows what he is talking about.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly, just because someone doesnt have a forum account, doesnt mean that theyre opinion doesnt matter. If you want v1 chests back, you dont need to make an excuse pretty much stereotyping people woth a forum account. Honsetly, everyones opinion matters.
Everyone's opinions matter, but not all opinions are created equal. Not all forumers' are equal, not all players' are created equal. However, I feel that more often it is forum users that take time to think. They also can see pros/cons that others bring up to help inform their decisions. Random noob just sees that you can vote on a poll and types 5 characters, no information or nothing about what the vote is specifically toward.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Honestly, just because someone doesnt have a forum account, doesnt mean that their opinion doesnt matter. If you want v1 chests back, you dont need to make an excuse pretty much stereotyping people without a forum account. Honsetly, everyones opinion matters.
Yes, they do - again, the point of my post was to state that it's better to wait than to have a vote before many of them even have a chance to adjust.

People don't like change, but this can be especially true for the in-game community. Yes, I'm stereotyping them, but for this argument, it's necessary. I have nothing against many members of said community, but that doesn't stop it from being truthful that all those hackers, spammers, and people who actually fit the bacca/joey fan descriptions do exist, and they heavily effect the results. It's rude, but it's true.

It's better to go solely off community feedback for decisions that are only community based - should we add color to names in the hub? Should we remove it? These are examples - it's a simple addition that everyone understands, and if they do or don't want it, their vote makes a much bigger impact - A vote about this is about a matter of opinion, that's the only reason it should be added is because people want it.

For game changing things, though, people won't adjust as easily and it effects everyone heavily. It's not just a matter of opinion on if you want it, because your opinions isn't the thing we need. Yes, a majority of people want the old chests back, but think about what other opinions of yours this changes - "Oh, that guy had way to many arrows, that's why he killed me" is just one example. Many people don't realize this, and, I'll be completely blunt here, the majority of these people who won't give it a chance are younger players. They don't care to see the benefits, they just want to know what to expect, and...that's not fair. We could solve so many problems if people just gave it a chance. (Even if it doesn't end up working out to be positive...it still deserves a chance, in case it will.)

Edit: To elaborate on the above a bit: What I'm saying is that this change, even if everyone hated it, could still end up being way more positive than negative. Those few annoyances you had, like the arrow example, would disappear...and even if you don't realize it, such an update to greatly increase your enjoyment of the game. Once people have adjusted, maybe they won't mind anymore, maybe they'll find they like it, and everyone ends up happy.

Feedback is great! Suggesting changes here and there is awesome, but scrapping it as a whole is a bit extreme considering what it's about. Honestly, I hate to generalize a group...but it's necessary, because it's honestly true - not for everyone, but for enough people that it deserves a mention in such an argument.

Last edited:

LePanda

Spectator
Reaction score
I am a bit, but honestly, what I'm more-so trying to get at is the fact that people need to adjust, and while there are plenty of people in the in-game community who do know what they are talking about...there's a reason the bacca/joey fan stereotypes exist. Being blunt, I wouldn't only want them to decide the outcome of such things all on their own. Yes - community feedback is great, but I honestly believe that it should not be such a big deciding factor in this particular case.

Steriotypes have some truth to them, you know. It's not fair to put all baccas/joey fans into one group when dealing with one particular one, but that doesn't stop it from being truthful that the ones who do go under the stereotype do effect this majorly.
the thing is though, the majority of the donors & overall just players on mcsg are joey fans, or are people who started playing in version two, and even though it might suck that we can't go back to version one, we have to realize that if we don't want mcsg to lose the members that it has now, we have to keep the majority of the people happy. i understand that the people who like version one better aren't gonna be happy with this, but it just comes down to the fact that the amount of people who like version one better is smaller than the amount of people who like version two better.

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
the thing is though, the majority of the donors & overall just players on mcsg are joey fans, or are people who started playing in version two, and even though it might suck that we can't go back to version one, we have to realize that if we don't want mcsg to lose the members that it has now, we have to keep the majority of the people happy. i understand that the people who like version one better aren't gonna be happy with this, but it just comes down to the fact that the amount of people who like version one better is smaller than the amount of people who like version two better.
Petition to keep Chest Update on a few servers1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci