• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

this map pool is dreadful

6block

Gold
Reaction score
hello? developers?

You kept absolutely awfully designed maps like Solar Frost, Holiday Resort, Breeze Island, Survival Games 1 and Survival Games 3.

And yet you removed so many fan favourite well designed maps like Highway, Adrenaline, Zone 85 (WTF), Breeze Island 2, Holiday Resort 2, Green Grass, Icarus and Moonbase.

Zone 85 is the funniest. That was up in everyone's top preference.
its the boomers voting for sg1, 3 and solar frost because they dont want to learn new routes

Zerwen

Quantum
Reaction score
Wtf solar frost is a great map. I understand why people don’t like sg1,2,3. But solar frost is pretty interesting map. It is unique, cause the gameplay is different. Why people don’t like solar frost? It is beautiful enough, there are enough chests...

Asx

Survivor
Reaction score
The top 2 maps in the vote get added, so solar frost and turbulence got added.
As for a general response to the current map pool I'll say this.
As I said already, the current map pool is almost entirely comprised of maps chosen by the community. Every map except for the first 6 (SG1-4, breeze and valleyside) were voted in by the players. The staff had no hand in adding those maps whatsoever.
I agree they are outdated in design. The current theme is 'Nostalgia Games', where we add all the old maps the players liked to play back in the day, and the really old maps where MCSG really began. After full release, we will move to a map rotation pool, where the maps that simply arent played will be removed, and new maps added (new maps being either completely new maps made by us or the community, or old maps re-touched to address issues that made them not fun to play). This way we reduce staleness by having "seasons" of map pools made up of only the most popular maps. Alongside that, every map ever made will be available through mcsg maker.
Please do not double post.

Thanks

6block

Gold
Reaction score
Wtf solar frost is a great map. I understand why people don’t like sg1,2,3. But solar frost is pretty interesting map. It is unique, cause the gameplay is different. Why people don’t like solar frost? It is beautiful enough, there are enough chests...
Your statement isn't fact, it is a matter of opinion. The map does not have "enough" chests as they are too spread out across the entire map, making gameplay more suited to older MCSG (fewer teams, less skilled players and less loot) than new MC SG. Also, the terrain is quite poor as the ice surrounding the map makes fighting incredibly annoying, especially with the current anti-cheat causing lag backs, due to its ongoing development. Overall, this creates a bad experience for the player.

Last edited:

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Ok thanks for that. But who chooses the 4 maps that go for voting on the polls on Twitter? Is that not the staff though? The community votes for them, but the staff provide the voting options by choosing the 4 maps to vote for.
Yup, it's the boomers.
But yes, I guess the 4 maps that are up for vote are chosen by Chad, but its heavily influenced by what maps are requested for. For example, inertia will be on the next one because heaps of people ask for it. It's also based on what maps are ready for deployment. Some maps require fixing before they can be cleared for duty.

Zerwen

Quantum
Reaction score
Your statement isn't fact, it is a matter of opinion. The map does not have "enough" chests as they are too spread out across the entire map, making gameplay more suited to older MCSG (fewer teams, less skilled players and less loot) than new MC SG. Also, the terrain is quite poor as the ice surrounding the map makes fighting incredibly annoying, especially with the current anti-cheat causing lag backs, due to its ongoing development. Overall, this creates a bad experience for the player.
You cannot run away on solar frost, that is why “skilled players” don’t like it. Cause after 1 or 2 fights they die . Running away for the whole game is now called “skill”. There are a lot of chokepoints where you can easy kill teams. And actually, there are enough chests, every game I got nearly full iron, without going to spawn. Just learn the map...

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
For example, inertia will be on the next one because heaps of people ask for it. It's also based on what maps are ready for deployment. Some maps require fixing before they can be cleared for duty.
Doesn’t really look like heaps of people have requested it.. https://gyazo.com/b3e145ec7b31eff6c6bb6b8eee3552a7
I haven’t heard anyone at all even mention inertia once. This is what I mean by poor map selection

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Doesn’t really look like heaps of people have requested it.. https://gyazo.com/b3e145ec7b31eff6c6bb6b8eee3552a7
I haven’t heard anyone at all even mention inertia once. This is what I mean by poor map selection
In this poll over 110 people voted for inertia. That's a lot of requests. I've also attached a screenshot of a few people specifically requesting it on Chad's twitter feed, and that was from 10 seconds of searching. More could be found reading all comments. I could find more but I'm still at work and on mobile. I'm sorry to say but we're literally just adding maps by popular demand, and the numbers are there to back that up.
Edit: heres an idea. How about a slight change to the voting system, where all maps are up for vote, the top 8 go into the next round of voting, then the top 4, and the top 2 of those are added. This gives all maps a chance without bias on which ones are up for vote, but the trade off there is It will take a lot longer to add the maps, since multiple rounds of voting have to be done before they're added.

Attachments

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci