• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

this map pool is dreadful

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
In this poll over 110 people voted for inertia. That's a lot of requests. I've also attached a screenshot of a few people specifically requesting it on Chad's twitter feed, and that was from 10 seconds of searching. More could be found reading all comments. I could find more but I'm still at work and on mobile. I'm sorry to say but we're literally just adding maps by popular demand, and the numbers are there to back that up.
Edit: heres an idea. How about a slight change to the voting system, where all maps are up for vote, the top 8 go into the next round of voting, then the top 4, and the top 2 of those are added. This gives all maps a chance without bias on which ones are up for vote, but the trade off there is It will take a lot longer to add the maps, since multiple rounds of voting have to be done before they're added.
Okay thats fair enough I didn't look into the proper statistics, however, 100+ people voted for Inertia is all well and good but you haven't conducted the full test by voting for all the maps. If Inertia would get a few votes I reckon other maps would get way more. Saying that I think your idea is pretty good by including multiple votes. Perhaps instead of going from top 8 to top 4 and then picking from the top 4, just pick the 2 maps that are from the top 8 as everyone can choose from a wider variety anyway. That would help speed things up that touch more, however the negative thing is a less refined vote for the top 2 maps (but I don't think that is really a huge negative). Having more maps in the polls is good.

My suggestion for the 8 maps would be Moonbase9, SG Highway, SG Adrenaline, Zone85, Icarus, Holiday Resort V2, Breeze Island 2 and Springfield SG. I think that is a good mix of classic maps, newer updated ones, revamps of old nostalgic maps that are well designed (even though the old maps are already on, but people just want the better version) and Clan Battle Maps. Most of the other maps are outdated or simply unpopular. That's just my opinion though :)

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Okay thats fair enough I didn't look into the proper statistics, however, 100+ people voted for Inertia is all well and good but you haven't conducted the full test by voting for all the maps. If Inertia would get a few votes I reckon other maps would get way more. Saying that I think your idea is pretty good by including multiple votes. Perhaps instead of going from top 8 to top 4 and then picking from the top 4, just pick the 2 maps that are from the top 8 as everyone can choose from a wider variety anyway. That would help speed things up that touch more, however the negative thing is a less refined vote for the top 2 maps (but I don't think that is really a huge negative). Having more maps in the polls is good.

My suggestion for the 8 maps would be Moonbase9, SG Highway, SG Adrenaline, Zone85, Icarus, Holiday Resort V2, Breeze Island 2 and Springfield SG. I think that is a good mix of classic maps, newer updated ones, revamps of old nostalgic maps that are well designed (even though the old maps are already on, but people just want the better version) and Clan Battle Maps. Most of the other maps are outdated or simply unpopular. That's just my opinion though :)
I'll talk to Chad and see if we can try something different for the next voting poll. Thanks for the input!
Edit: talked to Chad. We'll likely do the voting on the forums, which allows for more than 4 vote options. This is why we allowed 4 votes before, simply.because twitter limits the options. On the forums we can have every map up for voting, so we're looking into doing that for the next map vote

Last edited:

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
I'll talk to Chad and see if we can try something different for the next voting poll. Thanks for the input!
Edit: talked to Chad. We'll likely do the voting on the forums, which allows for more than 4 vote options. This is why we allowed 4 votes before, simply.because twitter limits the options. On the forums we can have every map up for voting, so we're looking into doing that for the next map vote
Good on ya Kraken. Good to see someone on the staff team take community input seriously, and then actually act on it. Respect my man

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
For me, it wouldn't feel like MCSG without the likes of Holiday Resort and Breeze Island even though they might not be objectively great designs. I do agree we need more maps though.

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
For me, it wouldn't feel like MCSG without the likes of Holiday Resort and Breeze Island even though they might not be objectively great designs. I do agree we need more maps though.
Yeah they are definitely staples of the classic map pool, which is why it would be good to add the revamped versions of them in so people can enjoy the updated version which is designed better

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
I think the reason the likes of SG1 and breeze are still on the network is that it's important to have the OG OG maps, to remind everyone how far we've come. The revamped versions are great to have, but the originals must stay for a good reason. We need maps that will challenge the future of survival games, yes, but we also need maps that remind us of our roots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci