• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The OCE Staff Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
Currently in OCE we have 0 active staff in the servers. 0. The only mod we had was Snooked and now we no longer have him. Remy is also a mod from our region, but he is excluded as he never uses the OCE network. As all OCE players already know, the server is extremely toxic and it is now the norm for players to spam abusive messages to one another. This won't change with the way things are going and is only detrimental to the community as a whole. We are in desperate need of more staff and to hear that multiple applications of great potential staff that we literally need are being declined due to those members not being active enough on the discord is disappointing.

Discord activity is a great thing for a staff member to have, although it is not vital to what is needed in the servers current state. The discord already has active staff monitoring it and making sure all the rules are followed, but the servers do not have the same thing. I'm aware of the importance of discord activity for a moderator but applicants honestly have no need for it. Discord activity for staff is important when they are responding to requests for help and answering questions. While a regular member can answer some questions players will generally have it's a bit difficult for them to do that when there are a few members who are constantly answering every question faster than the majority of the current staff even see the messages. It's great that there are members who help the community out but it makes it difficult for any potential staff to answer any questions. In regards to the idea that staff need to be people who are engaged with the community, the majority of the OCE community has never used the discord except for linking their accounts.

Although MCGamer is considered one big community, it is definitely split into 3. As a player from OCE I can tell you now that a majority of players from our region have never interacted with the EU or US communities, as would be the case with US and EU players having no interaction with ours. The current staff team doesn't know anything about the OCE community and it's so disconnected at the moment. The community feels abandoned when opportunities for our region to gain valuable staff members disappear because people are expected to participate in a discord that is not active during our timezone as well as it not needing extra activity. Once new staff are hired they can be trained or expected to be more active on the discord, but as a member that's not something they should need to do.

OCE is only getting worse as time goes on, we are in a crisis and the recruitment team needs to look at the current situation rather than following a set formula as to accepting and declining mod apps.

fltch

Spectator
Reaction score
Massive +1! OCE is currently bombarded with the same cheaters day in and day out, it's demotivating! Not to mention the CONSTANT toxicity in the chat!!!!

Kind Regards,
- The King.

Georgey

Survivor
Reaction score
+1, the oceanic community is in a desperate need of staff members. The recruitment team cannot afford to be overly picky as they are currently doing.

TyTy2017

Recruitment Team Lead - Rules Council Lead
Reaction score
Hello!

The Recruitment Team works hard to hire evenly for all regions, although we do see your concern when it comes to OCE staff. Unfortunately, OCE is one of the hardest regions we hire. You are not the only person that has expressed this concern with me; in fact, Jodimo, the lead for the Staffing Team, brought concerns to me not that long ago.

In terms of Discord, I and the Recruitment refuse to hire inactive mods on both Discord and In-game. I have to keep a standard for applicants across all regions, although we did just lower the Discord activity requirement as off two days ago.

I will also be rolling out a new policy when it comes to Discord activity right now in hopes of hiring more OCE staff members.

Your concerns have been heard, and I’m working hard on implementing new policies and procedures. My team and I thank you for your concerns and bringing them up to us, respectfully and kindly.

Thank you,
TyTy2017
Recruitment Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci