• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Monopolization of Minecraft Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
MCGamer will probably die waaaaay before other popular servers like Mineplex since we only feature one decent gamemode and eventually people will get sick of it. Also, there are so many other servers with survival games plus a ton of other gamemodes so I don't see why anyone would want to choose MCGamer.

MrMets

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't believe MCGamer is on it's way out at all. I also don't believe that people will ever get tired of playing MCSG. The only time MCSG gets old is when you are not so good at the game and can't get a win. (Like me) But I still always come back, still play it for hours at a time and still have a good time. There are lots of people that have been coming back since V1 and that's why we have such a great community. MCGamer has Veterans, newcomers and the people that are in between (so 1-2 years). That's why the community has welded so well together. I think MCGamer has a better community then these servers. It has had it's ups and downs, but I think the wonderful staff team had improved the community. Good servers lead back to the communities.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
MCGamer will probably die waaaaay before other popular servers like Mineplex since we only feature one decent gamemode and eventually people will get sick of it. Also, there are so many other servers with survival games plus a ton of other gamemodes so I don't see why anyone would want to choose MCGamer.
Ye, I wonder if new people will be interested after all the movies have come out

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
Also, there are so many other servers with survival games plus a ton of other gamemodes so I don't see why anyone would want to choose MCGamer.
Only want to touch on this part of your post for it's the only part I have a difference in opinion on. I can agree that there are a ton of servers out there with some sort of Survival Games plugin, but the features each one bring differ from server to server. On Mineplex, (iirc) they have a compass you can use to get how far away a player is. MCSG doesn't have this item in-game. I personally hate the idea of an in-game item giving away my location so I'm going to play on the servers that don't have that feature. The servers have the same game in a bare bones sense, but what they have included in their games differ, and that can tend to either lean some players to other servers than others.

Reaction score
Ya staff try to advertise the other gamemodes too, but come on, everything else is bad... There is no hope for these. And also, the AntVenom merge that happened a while ago was the worst thing ever possible as it only brang a couple of hundreds of players. If the devs don't start making popular gamemodes like PvP (1v1/2v2) system and FFA, I don't think the server is going to go any further.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Ya staff try to advertise the other gamemodes too, but come on, everything else is bad... There is no hope for these. And also, the AntVenom merge that happened a while ago was the worst thing ever possible as it only brang a couple of hundreds of players. If the devs don't start making popular gamemodes like PvP (1v1/2v2) system and FFA, I don't think the server is going to go any further.
Yeah, Survival Games definitely isn't what it used to be..

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
First off I apologize greatly for the copious grammar mistakes in the presented passage and the potential proclamation that this is difficult to follow. This occurred because I was conceiving and scripting this in the car, and right now I just want to articulate it quickly so I don't have to rewrite it.

Enjoy.

This is the annoying part of the future of mc. As more servers shut down because of personal reasons, the player base of that server is more likely to migrate to a larger server. Therefore expanding mineplex's and hypixel's communities and causing more donations, which creates an incentive for the servers to not shut down. This in turn makes new servers more difficult to start up because less people will play them compared to the massive ones. And more will prefer the massive ones because of enhanced plugins brought on by the on slot of donations. And as if that weren't enough, larger servers are also MORE likely to attract new players due to advertisements payed for by donations. Also, because more players join it also attracts more youtubers which in turn bring their own playerbases leading to unprecedented exponentially increasing growth. This (unfortunately) leads to direct attacks on the largest playerbases in mc. (Referring to the current hypixel attack)

Conclusion: In a few years most (85%ish) of mc's players will be located in 2-4 servers. (Perhaps Badlion and kohi will fill niches left open by mineplex and hypixel' mini games)

Cheers.
-Tene
ehm, you might just be overthinking.... cars do that to ya :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci