• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Monopolization of Minecraft Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First off I apologize greatly for the copious grammar mistakes in the presented passage and the potential proclamation that this is difficult to follow. This occurred because I was conceiving and scripting this in the car, and right now I just want to articulate it quickly so I don't have to rewrite it.

Enjoy.

This is the annoying part of the future of mc. As more servers shut down because of personal reasons, the player base of that server is more likely to migrate to a larger server. Therefore expanding mineplex's and hypixel's communities and causing more donations, which creates an incentive for the servers to not shut down. This in turn makes new servers more difficult to start up because less people will play them compared to the massive ones. And more will prefer the massive ones because of enhanced plugins brought on by the on slot of donations. And as if that weren't enough, larger servers are also MORE likely to attract new players due to advertisements payed for by donations. Also, because more players join it also attracts more youtubers which in turn bring their own playerbases leading to unprecedented exponentially increasing growth. This (unfortunately) leads to direct attacks on the largest playerbases in mc. (Referring to the current hypixel attack)

Conclusion: In a few years most (85%ish) of mc's players will be located in 2-4 servers. (Perhaps Badlion and kohi will fill niches left open by mineplex and hypixel' mini games)

Cheers.
-Tene

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Carnegie > Vanderbilt :p

However, that's how most things in general will turn out to be. It can be unfortunate, but it also results in the best possible servers to play.

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To all those saying rip MCSG, I don't consider us one of the "smaller" servers at the moment. Considering we still have a solid, smooth Survival Games plugin and a functioning community, we have a lot left as long as we play our cards right and make sure that people want to come back to play, meaning that we must keep the community feel going.

All servers are going to die off one day with Minecraft, let's make MCSG last as long as we can.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't see MCSG dying anytime soon. All I see now in my games are Platinum, Diamond & Gold donors. If people buy something on this server they probably won't quit since they have privileges others don't have. Also I see a ton of players on, it may not be as much as Hypixel & Mineplex but it will still work for us.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
To all those saying rip MCSG, I don't consider us one of the "smaller" servers at the moment. Considering we still have a solid, smooth Survival Games plugin and a functioning community, we have a lot left as long as we play our cards right and make sure that people want to come back to play, meaning that we must keep the community feel going.

All servers are going to die off one day with Minecraft, let's make MCSG last as long as we can.
I just checked and we have more players on than badlion atm GGGGGG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci