• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"The Hell Games" - MCSG Community Map

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Though, that is the intention of the map itself. To "give you hell." I do think that it is ok if it is a special event, but I mean really, is it fit for MCSG? Does THIS compare to something like SG2 or SG1? The map could be improved greatly! More chests and structures would make it fun to play!
Honestly, Survival Games 1 is very overrated, it has a lot of water, not too many structures, a lot of forestry. Reminds me a lot of this map. Most people only like it for nostalgia.

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
Honestly, Survival Games 1 is very overrated, it has a lot of water, not too many structures, a lot of forestry. Reminds me a lot of this map. Most people only like it for nostalgia.
I do agree on that note. I like it because it gives the feel of the actual book. Not being too over loaded with loot but still making it playable.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I like it because I normally have fun games. Whether it be taking over the boat, making a boat gang, beating up teams, or creating entire religions, I always have a good time.

Plus my route is good and I always win.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
I like it because I normally have fun games. Whether it be taking over the boat, making a boat gang, beating up teams, or creating entire religions, I always have a good time.

Plus my route is good and I always win.
I like the SG 1 gameplay more as well, sadly I almost never get it though. My route sucks though ._.

Belphhegor

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi, I played some times on Hell Games. I must gloomily admit that I personnally think (then some people may love it a lot) that this map has nothing "special". It's still a big and impressive map, for sure. I sure understood you were aiming a more "natural" looking map for a different gameplay. Your will was probably noble to create a new kind of gameplay, but there were so many more impressive options.

I am REALLY sorry, but all we got there is a flat dense forest with a few buildings. I really rarely saw any tunnel or secret traps (well the water squares well deserve to be considered as traps). The terraforming isn't really impressive either. (That's a big point, especially because you were aiming a natural looking map. When you can't deal with buildings and traps to create your map (like here), I think you must at least use wisely terraforming to impress players)

Well, that kind of feedback surely includes some comparizons ! As already done, we can compare Hell Games to SG1. SG1 was sure a more "natural" looking map, as yours, so it's interesting and relevant to make a comparizon. SG1 has for sure a lot of water, but it's an interesting strategic point in that map. The choice between visiting the multiple little islands or staying on the huge center forest becomes important and decisive. It's fun to meet that kind of dilemma ! SG1 also has a LOT of secret treasures and traps. So if we compare SG1 to Hell Games, SG1 is sure more fun and complete, but comparing SG1 to Hell Games is not the good way to say that Hell Games is not a good map. Vareide team and Elite Team had different objectives while creating their maps.

Don't worry, your map is also better that a lot of maps. Actually, it was added to MCSG severs, wasn't it ? So you surely can be proud of your work. Let's make a new comparizon with Moonlight Lake. Your map surely deserves way more to stay on MCSG than Moonlight Lake (sorry for Moonlight Lake's creators) Let's make another comapizon : I think your map was surely harder work than Solar Frost and Lost Mine. (But these two are special maps, that's sure)

I saw you saying that your map was done by lesss people than your team usually does. It's rough to say, but that's not a reason to make a map that is less impressive. I'll not tell more about this point because other people already did.

In conclusion, I sadly have to say that Hell Games is, for me, a really banal map, with a huge flat forest and few buildings. It's nothing more. I'm able to say that even if you were aiming a different gameplay. Even if your will was noble, as I said, it's not a fun or original map. Yeah, sadly, people always need more, more, more complete, more original, more strange, more grandiose, more perfect maps.

So I may repeat myself but, I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY sorry about all the things I said. When we create a huge map as you did, we are proud, we are satisfied, we are happy of our work. Seeing random people that come and say "that map is really the worst, i don't like it" so easily is just unfair and absurd. Even if your map doesn't fit for MCSG, you should be really PROUD of what you created. For one second, if we don't think about MCSG, your map is really impressive, the buildings are cute and all that represents a lot of work.

So, still sadly, congratulations for what you made, but I don't think it's fine for MCSG servers. Remember : All I said is related to my own thought. I think a lot of people still love your map. I only talk for myself, I do not represent anyone else.

I know that writing a so huge but bitter feedback message will make me a mean and infuriating character, but it was really important to me to say all this. Remember that even if it's not your best map, your team is one of the best. Isn't ? =)

Sorry for the hundreds of mistakes, my english is REALLY bad.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
This, my good people, is called "feedback", which I was not getting from many of the posts on this thread (sorry to the people who were trying to give it).

The terraforming isn't really impressive either. (That's a big point, especially because you were aiming a natural looking map. When you can't deal with buildings and traps to create your map (like here), I think you must at least use wisely terraforming to impress players)
This is mainly because it was originally a world painted map that was not meant for an MCSG map. The terraforming was used because the map was liked by a member of Sr. Staff who thought of the idea for the "natural" map without structures.

So you surely can be proud of your work.
This does mean alot, and I want to be proud of it, its just not at all possible to be proud of the #1 hated map on the servers at the moment (aside from the ones that were meant to be removed).

Vareide team and Elite Team had different objectives while creating their maps.
It really shouldn't have the name "Team Elite" for it's maker, It was me and a few others (all from TE though). This gives the entire team a bad-name and a bad reputation.

I sadly have to say that Hell Games is, for me, a really banal map, with a huge flat forest and few buildings. It's nothing more.
This, IMO, is a great example of a reason to hate the map, now I wouldnt mind if this were the reason everyone hated it, I wouldnt mind if it were removed for this reason (though I REALLY want it removed so it can shut up alot of the hate I get anywhere), because its true. My point is, you explain your point unlike the "Too many trees!" "Not enough chests" stuff I've been getting.

"that map is really the worst, i don't like it"
This happens to every map, someone is always going to hate it without a valid reason to do so, but if you get this from ~90% of the people you ask or see, you know that people are just looking for a reason to hate it.

I thank you for giving me this. I cant thank you enough. The second I saw this I smiled. Thank you.

Belphhegor

Spectator
Reaction score
CaptButterToast said:
This is mainly because it was originally a world painted map that was not meant for an MCSG map. The terraforming was used because the map was liked by a member of Sr. Staff who thought of the idea for the "natural" map without structures.
I see. Sorry for skipping this important information. Well.. I guess you're a victim of your popularity among the MCSG leaders !

CaptButterToast said:
The second I saw this I smiled
Well, it's an unexpected reaction, but I'm actually happy of it. Thanks.

CaptButterToast said:
This gives the entire team a bad-name and a bad reputation.

(though I REALLY want it removed so it can shut up alot of the hate I get anywhere)
That's certainly really sorry. I'm also sad for you. I'm not sad because of the fact that you want it removed, but I am because of the reasons that push you to want it removed. People who are only using short and mad comments certainly don't understand how much work what you did represent.

At least, thanks for replying.

Collin9476

Spectator
Reaction score
Can I port and redistribute this map to the MCPE community with credit given to you? Thanks!

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Can I port and redistribute this map to the MCPE community with credit given to you? Thanks!
You've asked this questions to 2 maps already. Maybe more that I haven't seen...

The answer, most likely, is no. But you can ask the build team to upload their map to that server.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci