• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I gtg to bed. Its about 4:00 AM for me xD
Ill continue this tomorrow.

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
If the bible is true and the earth is 6,000 years old then why do dinos exist? Donos are million of years old. That should be enough evidence for you dude.

I bet you didnt even know that. I bet you thought we evolved from monkeys. That shows you know know anything anout evolution.
Let me clear this up carbon dating is highly inaccurate for the following
First of all you can't figure out how old something is without at least having an estimate
Such as like when they dated back Egyptian boats
Under certain and common circumstances it can throw off dating

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Let me clear this up carbon dating is highly inaccurate for the following
First of all you can't figure out how old something is without at least having an estimate
Such as like when they dated back Egyptian boats
Under certain and common circumstances it can throw off dating
Carbon dating is actually accurate. Where are you getting this nonsense because I have no idea where you are getting your information from. I love how you say stuff is inaccurate for absolutely no reason. Why is it inaccurate?

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
Many people are under the false impression that carbon dating proves that dinosaurs and other extinct animals lived millions of years ago. What many do not realize is that carbon dating is not used to date dinosaurs.

The reason? Carbon dating is only accurate back a few thousand years. So if scientists believe that a creature lived millions of years ago, then they would need to date it another way.

But there is the problem. They assume dinosaurs lived millions of years ago (instead of thousands of years ago like the bible says). They ignore evidence that does not fit their preconceived notion.

What would happen if a dinosaur bone were carbon dated? - At Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Scientists dated dinosaur bones using the Carbon dating method. The age they came back with was only a few thousand years old.

This date did not fit the preconceived notion that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. So what did they do? They threw the results out. And kept their theory that dinosaurs lived "millions of years ago" instead.

This is common practice.

They then use potassium argon, or other methods, and date the fossils again.

They do this many times, using a different dating method each time. The results can be as much as 150 million years different from each other! - how’s that for an "exact" science?

They then pick the date they like best, based upon their preconceived notion of how old their theory says the fossil should be (based upon the Geologic column).

So they start with the assumption that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, then manipulate the results until they agree with their conclusion.

Their assumptions dictate their conclusions.

So why is it that if the date doesn't fit the theory, they change the facts?

Unbiased science changes the theory to support the facts. They should not change the facts to fit the theory.

A Dinosaur carbon dated at 9,890 and 16,000 years old NOT millions of years old like evolutionists claim

I have documentation of an Allosaurus bone that was sent to The University of Arizona to be carbon dated. The results were 9,890 +/- 60 years and 16,120 +/- 220 years.

"We didn't tell them that the bones they were dating were dinosaur bones. The result was sample B at 16,120 years. The Allosaurus dinosaur was supposed to be around 140,000,000 years. The samples of bone were blind samples."

This test was done on August 10, 1990

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Many people are under the false impression that carbon dating proves that dinosaurs and other extinct animals lived millions of years ago. What many do not realize is that carbon dating is not used to date dinosaurs.

The reason? Carbon dating is only accurate back a few thousand years. So if scientists believe that a creature lived millions of years ago, then they would need to date it another way.

But there is the problem. They assume dinosaurs lived millions of years ago (instead of thousands of years ago like the bible says). They ignore evidence that does not fit their preconceived notion.

What would happen if a dinosaur bone were carbon dated? - At Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Scientists dated dinosaur bones using the Carbon dating method. The age they came back with was only a few thousand years old.

This date did not fit the preconceived notion that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago. So what did they do? They threw the results out. And kept their theory that dinosaurs lived "millions of years ago" instead.

This is common practice.

They then use potassium argon, or other methods, and date the fossils again.

They do this many times, using a different dating method each time. The results can be as much as 150 million years different from each other! - how’s that for an "exact" science?

They then pick the date they like best, based upon their preconceived notion of how old their theory says the fossil should be (based upon the Geologic column).

So they start with the assumption that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, then manipulate the results until they agree with their conclusion.

Their assumptions dictate their conclusions.

So why is it that if the date doesn't fit the theory, they change the facts?

Unbiased science changes the theory to support the facts. They should not change the facts to fit the theory.

A Dinosaur carbon dated at 9,890 and 16,000 years old NOT millions of years old like evolutionists claim

I have documentation of an Allosaurus bone that was sent to The University of Arizona to be carbon dated. The results were 9,890 +/- 60 years and 16,120 +/- 220 years.

"We didn't tell them that the bones they were dating were dinosaur bones. The result was sample B at 16,120 years. The Allosaurus dinosaur was supposed to be around 140,000,000 years. The samples of bone were blind samples."

This test was done on August 10, 1990

Literally every atheist in the room is withering and hissing haha gr8 banter.

Boboy i got a question for you. Why would homosexual behavior exist in humans if evolution is real and it would be in your instincts to reproduce to survive. If evolution has been happening for as long as you say it is, why would this behavior even happen.

Oh yeah, if you can't explain it it obviously can't be real.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Though there is no quantifiable proof of God's existence, I believe in him and I believe that his son died on the cross so that our sins can be forgiven. The reason why, you ask, since there isn't any 100% proof? Faith, and built on that faith is stories of people who've died and gone to heaven (before being brought back to life). Seeing is believing, as Jesus once said, which is why we need to have faith.

My question is, why do people not believe in God? If he truly isn't real, then you have nothing to lose by believing and holding on to the Christian faith.

Sulfur

Platinum
Reaction score
I believe that you shouldn't worry about religion while you live. Why worry about the end result your whole life where you could be enjoying your self. I simply don't care about religion. I see religion as a gift but also as a curse. Most wars are based off of religion. But people with faith are more happy. I honesty don't care.

ymcbrl123

Tribute
Reaction score
if everything we do was in control of God, there wouldn't be a purpose of our lives

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Literally every atheist in the room is withering and hissing haha gr8 banter.

Boboy i got a question for you. Why would homosexual behavior exist in humans if evolution is real and it would be in your instincts to reproduce to survive. If evolution has been happening for as long as you say it is, why would this behavior even happen.

Oh yeah, if you can't explain it it obviously can't be real.
http://chronicle.com/article/The-Evolutionary-Mystery-of/135762/

That article goes through a plethora of possible reasons.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Everything we do is NOT in gods control, he gives us free will to obey, disobey, or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci