• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Clan Update

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Hello everybody! How are you all doing today? Wonderful, I hope. Anyways, let's get down to business.

As you guys can see from the title, I am introducing MCGamer's first Clan Update. This update includes several different changes within the way MCGamer works with clans.

Myself and Col_StaR (prior to his resignation) got in touch with several members of the clan community and collaborated towards the future of MCGamer's clans. In addition, several members of the MCGamer Clan Staff had a meeting and several google docs discussing a whole bunch of changes to make your experience a whole lot better and to have a more systematic clan moderation team.

Here's some of the changes that we have made:

• Updated MCGamer Global Clan rules with Soul's rules
  • Reworked the entire Clan Staff application system
  • Revised some policies
  • Much more to come

Updates to MCGamer Global Clan Rules

Almost 1 year ago myself and CAmadeusA had written the first edition of the MCGamer Clan Rules which was then posted by Dave. As time went by we gained awareness that some of the rules weren't feasible. Myself and the Colonel spent some time looking at the very popular Soul's Rules. We got in contact with him and some other notable members from the clan community and sat down and made the MCGamer Global Clan Rules.

These rules are compulsory in order to compete in clan wars/tournaments/matches/battles. However, we cannot force you to use these rules, but should you request help from our official clan staff, they are not obligated to help you as they operate using these global clan rules.

The new official MCGamer Global Clan Rules can be found here: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/mcgamer-global-clan-rules-2015.220841/

Reworks of Clan Staff

Ever since the beginning of the clan moderation team the method to join within the MCGamer staff team was quite troublesome and time consuming. Now we are introducing a new method of application which will be released at the end of this month.

We are also working on training our Clan Staff on a regular basis to help you as much as they can and to widen their knowledge of the clan community.

New Policies

We have changed some policies in order to make processes of clan battles and other events much smoother.

The MCGamer Clan Moderation Team cannot:

• Modify wins/losses on a clan page
  • Deal with clan issues without evidence provided (i.e: killing in grace period, teaming with randoms)
  • Deal with issues that arise on Skype or TeamSpeak servers that AREN'T MCGamer
In addition there are smaller changes that can be found on the rules.

Pro Tips

• Don't come to clan staff asking for help unless you have some form of evidence to back up your case
  • In the case of a dispute, do not take matters into your own hands, contact clan staff
  • Listen to and follow what our clan staff instruct or decide
  • Don't portray bad behaviour on the network as it makes your clan look bad

You'll be hearing more from me in due time. :)

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
Excited about this! Clan community is finally getting more organized! :)

Reaction score
This is cool but completely neglects EU. EU clans need to use variations of soul's rules because grace is a necessity in 3v3s (otherwise stone sword from corn is gg). It's unfair that staff don't have to help eu clans because of this.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
This is cool but completely neglects EU. EU clans need to use variations of soul's rules because grace is a necessity in 3v3s (otherwise stone sword from corn is gg). It's unfair that staff don't have to help eu clans because of this.
It's being taken into consideration, dw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci