• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The 5th MCGamer Awards (Quarter Quell Edition): Nominations Now Open!

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Can you specify a bit? Say, for example, a banned player or someone disliked by staff were to deserve an award and be nominated just not be given the ability to win due to bias? because the "whatever reason they deem valid" appears to be in an attempt to make this seem reasonable. I guarantee PhiIIy67 will get at least top 3 for best ex-staff member, but will he not get the position simply because he's disliked by staff and banned? As for best clan, Phoenix AU is easily top 3 likely 1 or 2 but is blacklisted and disliked by staff. Do they get a chance? etc etc. Also, what if someone good at something really deserves their award, despite a large fanbase helping them? For example, Quackeryy is the best AS pvp'er but has 2k subs and a lot of people backing him. Does that make him unelligable? We need some specifications on these rules.
Permanently banned people will not be eligible for awards, as they are supposed to be removed off the network. However, anybody who isn't banned is eligible to win regardless of their reputation. As for Quackeryy, staff will be the judges of what a "large following" qualifies as. 2k subs is not enough, however, so he will definitely still be eligible for the restricted categories.

Kyle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
*These categories may not be won by people with a large fan base; the MCGamer Awards Team reserves the right to use their best judgement to decide whether a user has a large fan base or not.
This is only implemented to keep people winning in categories that they have no expertise. If a huge youtuber were to be nominated for "Best Redstoner" without having any redstone experience, we would deem that unfair due to their fanbase simply nominating them because they want to. That being said, if the person did have expertise in the category, it will be fine. This is meant to be a case by case decision to prevent situations like that.

Another example would be the "Upcoming Youtuber" category. This category is meant for the people who may not have the most subscribers. We can't have a huge youtuber dominating the small youtuber category, can we? We just want it to be fair for everyone. There will be no bias in these decisions, it is simply a matter of do they belong in the category or not.

Also, as soggypickle said, permanently banned players are not eligible for an award. They are banned for a reason, and we do not want to encourage bad behavior.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Good luck everyone! Looking forward to the outcome :)

Cystolith

Survivor
Reaction score
Permanently banned people will not be eligible for awards, as they are supposed to be removed off the network. However, anybody who isn't banned is eligible to win regardless of their reputation. As for Quackeryy, staff will be the judges of what a "large following" qualifies as. 2k subs is not enough, however, so he will definitely still be eligible for the restricted categories.
Well, even if they're removed off the network, they still left a dent and a reputation in the community. If they deserve the award, they should be granted it, banned or not. That just seems ridiculous to me. And still, the large following still may have nothing to do with their skill level in a subject. Even if quackeryy had 50k, he'd still be good the same way he is now. What if whoever were to win without the fan base, had one anyways? Of course, disqualify huahwi or anything like that, but i dont think you should auto-disqualify people with a fanbase. You should just base it off of skill and skill alone based on the category.

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
Didn't really read the thread, just skimmed over it.

-First off, good luck everyone!

-Second off, as I stated before at the beginning of this post, but did the voting already go in, the reason I'm asking this because I never vote and never saw a Google Docs. link.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Well, even if they're removed off the network, they still left a dent and a reputation in the community. If they deserve the award, they should be granted it, banned or not. That just seems ridiculous to me. And still, the large following still may have nothing to do with their skill level in a subject. Even if quackeryy had 50k, he'd still be good the same way he is now. What if whoever were to win without the fan base, had one anyways? Of course, disqualify huahwi or anything like that, but i dont think you should auto-disqualify people with a fanbase. You should just base it off of skill and skill alone based on the category.
It doesn't matter - they're permbanned, thus they are removed off the network. They wouldn't necessarily be removed if we were featuring them in our awards, would they?
As for Quackeryy - unfortunately, even if someone with tons of subscribers was the best PvPer, we would not be able to determine that without bias. It's too risky, so we only allow them to win some of the categories.
Didn't really read the thread, just skimmed over it.

-First off, good luck everyone!

-Second off, as I stated before at the beginning of this post, but did the voting already go in, the reason I'm asking this because I never vote and never saw a Google Docs. link.
We have not done voting yet, we're beginning on Monday the 17th.

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
It doesn't matter - they're permbanned, thus they are removed off the network. They wouldn't necessarily be removed if we were featuring them in our awards, would they?
As for Quackeryy - unfortunately, even if someone with tons of subscribers was the best PvPer, we would not be able to determine that without bias. It's too risky, so we only allow them to win some of the categories.

We have not done voting yet, we're beginning on Monday the 17th.
Aight, thanks for the clarification soggy :D

Reaction score
Can you specify a bit? Say, for example, a banned player or someone disliked by staff were to deserve an award and be nominated just not be given the ability to win due to bias? because the "whatever reason they deem valid" appears to be in an attempt to make this seem reasonable. I guarantee PhiIIy67 will get at least top 3 for best ex-staff member, but will he not get the position simply because he's disliked by staff and banned? As for best clan, Phoenix AU is easily top 3 likely 1 or 2 but is blacklisted and disliked by staff. Do they get a chance? etc etc. Also, what if someone good at something really deserves their award, despite a large fanbase helping them? For example, Quackeryy is the best AS pvp'er but has 2k subs and a lot of people backing him. Does that make him unelligable? We need some specifications on these rules.
;_;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci