• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TeamVareide needs your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
I think SG1 has great potential however its lack of landmarks makes it so depressing to play. If you don't get decent items from spawn, you are at a huge disadvantage. The lack of tier 2 chests found elsewhere makes it impossible to find anything other than leather and wood. The forests are barren with nothing in them which makes them totally impossible to navigate. Maybe a nice big castle or something smack in the middle of the forest with traps, puzzles and a variable smorgasbord of tier 1-2 chests. Just SOMETHING to make me wanna say "Oh yes! SG1 is in the voting page! Quick everyone vote for it!" where as usually I just leave =/
I like the way that SG4 has multiple tier 2 chests located out of spawn. The hangar has one, on top of the roof near gravel trap and the one in the gravel trap are all tier 2 and if I fail to get good items at spawn I don't feel at a disadvantage as I can just make a run for other good chests elsewhere, but yes I agree with shuffling the chest locations, making tier 2 chests back to tier 1 vice versa would be a neat way of refreshing what are already, bog standard routes.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Map twos chests are stupidly placed since you can climb up a massive sky scraper to find 1 tier I chest , then behind the church under a three theres a tier II. It's so unrewarding to even bother climb up one of the buildings.
There should be something of worth at the top.

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
more dispensers on Map 1 with oh i don't know... Iron swords? :p

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think SG1 has great potential however its lack of landmarks makes it so depressing to play. If you don't get decent items from spawn, you are at a huge disadvantage. The lack of tier 2 chests found elsewhere makes it impossible to find anything other than leather and wood. The forests are barren with nothing in them which makes them totally impossible to navigate. Maybe a nice big castle or something smack in the middle of the forest with traps, puzzles and a variable smorgasbord of tier 1-2 chests. Just SOMETHING to make me wanna say "Oh yes! SG1 is in the voting page! Quick everyone vote for it!" where as usually I just leave =/
SG1 Is one of my favorites! Castle in the woods? They already have something similar with a tier 2 chest and parkour! People don't give enough credit to map 1. Landmarks? The Castle, the boat, Fluctus, underwater jumping puzzle, so many. It could use a nice update though.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
SG1 Is one of my favorites! Castle in the woods? They already have something similar with a tier 2 chest and parkour! People don't give enough credit to map 1. Landmarks? The Castle, the boat, Fluctus, underwater jumping puzzle, so many. It could use a nice update though.
I tried giving it a good go. Lots of times. I just get so lost in the endless forests and when I head to the coast, all I see is coastline with islands that have nothing on them. And by the time I've found the castle (which isn't really a castle, just 2 small towers) it's already looted. I mean a big landmark. Something to spend time getting through like karmunrah

Bouncingbean77

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that the only changes should be descret so the maps look practically the same not major changes, puzzles and more traps like in SG4

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay. I believe that on SG1 that the trees should be mixed like not just pine. And maybe make the puzzles a tad less easier and not all of them kill you -.-

Well overall i feel the maps are great! Oh BTW don't change ANYTHING with SG4 its perfect :D

Reaction score
Don't change anything! I like the way they are! Well if you will be adding stuff to the maps don't remove stuff from the maps. The only thing I want in the maps are tier 3 chests. But not a lot.

llama5876

Tribute
Reaction score
I think that you should utilize the use of wooden buttons and arrows. That would make a perfect trap if you are being pursued! Also, like many other people have said, add anvils. Perhaps near the enchantment table on each map? (Btw, map two needs an enchantment table.) Also, I know you have no power over this, but could you perhaps persuade the coders to add dyes to the chests/ allow you to pick up flowers and die leather armor? That would be a great idea. You have no idea how bored I sometimes get. Also, it would make good camouflage. I hope you like my ideas!

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
You can get flowers from the fields already or am I mistaken? (I might be)

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
You can get flowers from the fields already or am I mistaken? (I might be)
I *think* you can pick up flowers. Seeing as they aren't a full block that affect your player so they don't re-place when you break them. I know you can break grass to get seeds so I would imagine you can get flowers in the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci