• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Team Limit

ReplEH

Spectator
Reaction score
If you play smart, and the team is not that good it shouldn't matter. If you lose to them it's not really that bad, just type /hub, and go to another lobby.

(Sorta off topic, but felt like I would tell this story)
A few days ago my friend and I were playing on Avarcia. We were decently stacked -full chain, stone sword, FnS, and the rest of the secondaries- we come across a huge fight (like 7 people) the team of five absolutely recked the team of two before us. We decided to go in and see if we could clean up. My friend took one guy down, but then was cornered against the spawn building wall. I decided to yolo so that my friend wouldn't have to wait that long, I immediately took down one of the teammates by some melee. I was down to around 4 hearts so I started running for a while. The whole time the 3 team chased after me. After I regeed to around 8 hearts I decided to FnS them and attempt to kill as many possible with melee as I had no arrows. I was able to take down one of them, but whilst I attempted to kill the other people I got a little too aggressive at two hearts and managed to take another one down without any damage, but the 5th team member was able to one hit me after I had killed his/her other teammate. The funniest part of this story is that there was another two team in deathmatch against the one member of the five team. After being killed he/she was complaining that they teamed in deathmatch, I pointed out that if he/she were (unsure of proper word :p) to have a 5 team I think it is mighty fair for a two team.

TL;DR: I rekt 4 people in a 5 team, and the fifth player complained about being teamed on in DM.

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Here's the deal: Survival Games aren't made to be completely 100% fair. You need skill, luck, knowledge, and maybe even a team (some things that you only get by being here a while). Teams lead to more teams, true, but that can get interesting. Teams are an essential part of gameplay right now. Something to actually avoid. Right now, you might avoid the big full iron guy, MAYBE, but you could just go charge in and get him. Teams are a challenge. Find a way to pick them off, throw them in lava, something.

They keep a challenge in the game. Without them, the game may get too easy. They already removed monsters and (basically) starvation. Teams are one of the last real challenges that keep the game interesting. Without it, MCSG would be pretty boring, doing the same exact thing over and over again. Fishing for wins.

EDIT: also, teaming in Deathmatch may be annoying to everybody, but I think of that as a challenge, too. Otherwise, they would fight eachother and you'd win. Easy as pie. They see you as a threat and are going to attempt to take you out. It takes skill and your ability to rise to the challenge to actually win in that situation rather than winning just by default.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
Here's the deal: Survival Games aren't made to be completely 100% fair. You need skill, luck, knowledge, and maybe even a team (some things that you only get by being here a while). Teams lead to more teams, true, but that can get interesting. Teams are an essential part of gameplay right now. Something to actually avoid. Right now, you might avoid the big full iron guy, MAYBE, but you could just go charge in and get him. Teams are a challenge. Find a way to pick them off, throw them in lava, something.

They keep a challenge in the game. Without them, the game may get too easy. They already removed monsters and (basically) starvation. Teams are one of the last real challenges that keep the game interesting. Without it, MCSG would be pretty boring, doing the same exact thing over and over again. Fishing for wins.

EDIT: also, teaming in Deathmatch may be annoying to everybody, but I think of that as a challenge, too. Otherwise, they would fight eachother and you'd win. Easy as pie. They see you as a threat and are going to attempt to take you out. It takes skill and your ability to rise to the challenge to actually win in that situation rather than winning just by default.
So it's essential to piss everyone off?

DJ Kitty

Platinum
Reaction score
Nah, 3/4 of the people that team aren't even on skype or ts so they're fairly easy to take out

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
What really pisses me off isn't the fact that people team, it's when a team of 6 that knows nothing about the game ends up being the last ones left, and run around for 20 minutes looking for people, until the timer runs out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci