• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Rumors, Truths, And those things that mods say.

Potatos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jcbat

Tribute
Reaction score
At this time, as a constant mod on Survival, I've been trying to get to the bottom of this and to my knowledge this is an FTP Issue and a 1.6.4 issue. Everything is still OK, although the developers have a lot on their shoulders so I suggest just to take a break to enjoy ours lives (haha) and wait it out. If I had to create a educated guess on the release I would say (realistically and honestly) between 13-17 days from now it will be back up and running like usual! Hope I gave supportive and informative input, Thanks!

Yes, thank you, now I can go on with my live. LOL

Kidding aside really thank you, that is the most anyone has ever answer, knowing that its going to be like 3 weeks i can be calm and just wait, i won't be every 2 hours checking if the server are up again or bothering you guys asking all the time when would it be up... that's all i wanted just some kind of communication hehe

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
People yell at us when we can't meet an arbitrarily-set deadline.
People yell at us when we rush to meet an arbitrarily-set deadline.
People yell at us when we give announce a realistic deadline for being too long.
People yell at us when we don't tell them a deadline.​
In a perfect world, everything would be done instantly and perfectly. But in our world, can we at least please stop yelling all the time? Anyone who's ever worked in programming or development knows that these sorts of things take longer than we anticipate them to. It's a naturally-occurring phenomenon, and we are no exception.

That being said, thank you for all of the informative posts out there. I can confirm that the statements are true, and that the Admins continue to work on it. Whether everyone is willing to accept the realistic pace of things is another matter altogether.

EdgarAE

Tribute
Reaction score
People yell at us when we can't meet an arbitrarily-set deadline.
People yell at us when we rush to meet an arbitrarily-set deadline.
People yell at us when we give announce a realistic deadline for being too long.
People yell at us when we don't tell them a deadline.​
In a perfect world, everything would be done instantly and perfectly. But in our world, can we at least please stop yelling all the time? Anyone who's ever worked in programming or development knows that these sorts of things take longer than we anticipate them to. It's a naturally-occurring phenomenon, and we are no exception.

That being said, thank you for all of the informative posts out there. I can confirm that the statements are true, and that the Admins continue to work on it. Whether everyone is willing to accept the realistic pace of things is another matter altogether.
That's very true, but something i suggest so that players don't ask and we don't get impatient because we know nothing, is creating a Thread where you put a percentage of how close is to be opened, and what the current situation and progress of the server is. That way the players know whats going on, and two you don't get spammed constantly on survivals progress.

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So for like the past what? Week and a half, I'm pretty sure we've all waited countless hours for survival to be up. And, probably annoyed the mods 20i587454598 times asking them when it will be up, to only be disappointed with their "survival is being fixed", or " We don't know" responses. So after all of the questions I've asked I decided to post some rumors, what i think is true, and Frequently said things by mods.

"Survival is most likely going to be up later on today"
I've heard that one allllllll week long. Most likely a thread/post will be made upon Survivals return.

"Survival is being updated to 1.7 biomes and won't be up until 1.7 is released"
That one as much as i hate to admit, is most likely true, there seems to be no other reasonable answer as to why the admins haven't fixed survival and reinstated it with their "new fall theme." As for me, i won't be making a base in these really not so new and creative biomes. I will just be Many feet in the ground covered with the best choice for walls and floors: Obsdian.

"The admins are working on survival"
Well for 95% of the time, they aren't. Most of the time the server is just restarting. When they are doing work on it is when the server is whitelisted and there is admins in there.

"Survival will be reopend 10/3/13"
Pffft. That Sign was Funny and it crushed my hopes on 10/4/13. Most Unprofessional thing to do, say something will be open on said date and its not.

"Survival will be up tomorrow"
Haha, funny....

The mods that probably know nothing will most likely say, Survival is being fixed. I'd say the most informed mod on this is Biogear94. If you have a question go to him and ask, he will probably tell you. just don't bug him all the time. :p

And Das it. Im really annoyed at how long its been, but we have no choice but to wait until its back so we can murder each other with poison potions and blow up all the noob dirt house facs with tnt.
Just like on The Hive they delay the crap outta things

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
That's very true, but something i suggest so that players don't ask and we don't get impatient because we know nothing, is creating a Thread where you put a percentage of how close is to be opened, and what the current situation and progress of the server is. That way the players know whats going on, and two you don't get spammed constantly on survivals progress.
There's an idea. I'll pass that onto the Admins. The trouble is making sure that they update that too!

EdgarAE

Tribute
Reaction score
Lol I have a week off next week it'd be great if it was up sometime that week xD. but, that's wishful thinking :p.

EdgarAE

Tribute
Reaction score
What do you think I've been doing for the past week lol xD. But, It would be great if it opened so I could actually work on it and create a strong base while I'm off school. That's why I mentioned it. Luls

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci