• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Obsitus City- Urban Warfare

Should this map be added to the MCSG servers?

• Total voters

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Your definition and my definition of stealing are different.

Your definintion:
Is it stealing that Chicago and New York city have the exact same skyscraper?
Is it stealing that one lake has a dock and another lake has a dock?
Is it stealing that my neighborhood has the exact same layout as another one in another state?

My definition:
Is taking a TV out of someone else's house that does not belong to you stealing?

Do you see the difference?
Thing is this is minecraft, not real life. I would be okay with one or two similarities between the maps, but the similarities are so constant, that the best parts of the map are stolen ideas. A dock, a train, twin towers, the village, the sewers, and more are all ideas taken from other, successful, maps.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
1. The twin towers do have a bridge; it is ruined so its not complete. Just because they're shorter doesn't mean it not very alike.
2. The sewer is in the exact same spot with the exact same design.
How can it be in the same spot if it is a different map? lol... and the twin towers on SG2 do not have a bridge, one of the towers was made to appear like it fell against the other. Please get your facts right before you try to hate.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Thing is this is minecraft, not real life. I would be okay with one or two similarities between the maps, but the similarities are so constant, that the best parts of the map are stolen ideas. A dock, a train, twin towers, the village, the sewers, and more are all ideas taken from other, successful, maps.
I would like you to download the map. Look around. Because the train station looks totally different, twin towers look different, village looks different, sewers look different.... Ideas are out there so they can be used. Just because there is a train on SG4 does not mean it is like the train on my map. Do you see what I am trying to say? Ideas are out there for everyone to use, it is how you use those ideas that makes your map different. And I used the ideas differently. Plus the dock is in a river (dfferent).

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How can it be in the same spot if it is a different map? lol... and the twin towers on SG2 do not have a bridge, one of the towers was made to appear like it fell against the other. Please get your facts right before you try to hate.
Actually, if you observe the twin towers closely, there is a ruined bridge. The sewers are in the same place in relation to corn, which is similar to SG4.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would like you to download the map. Look around. Because the train station looks totally different, twin towers look different, village looks different, sewers look different.... Ideas are out there so they can be used. Just because there is a train on SG4 does not mean it is like the train on my map. Do you see what I am trying to say? Ideas are out there for everyone to use, it is how you use those ideas that makes your map different. And I used the ideas differently. Plus the dock is in a river (dfferent).
Train is still similar to SG4, Twin Towers look worse than SG2,sewers is almost a carbon copy, and the village is basically the same with different color roofs. You can use the idea of a train, but at lease make an attempt to have it different. For example, Treacherous Height's train is completely different than SG4's. I would agree that the train is not the most similar build, but the train, coupled with all the other copied builds, make this map uncreative and unoriginal.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Actually, if you observe the twin towers closely, there is a ruined bridge. The sewers are in the same place in relation to corn, which is similar to SG4.
Ok. I see now. But I obviously didn't copy that part because I didn't even know it was there. See what I mean. Everything was built from the ground up. Not once did I ever copy anything,

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you notice, there are not multiple maps on this server with the same theme. The abandoned city theme has already been used by SG2. For this reason, I doubt this map will get added as the theme, and builds, are too similar.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Train is still similar to SG4, Twin Towers look worse than SG2,sewers is almost a carbon copy, and the village is basically the same with different color roofs. You can use the idea of a train, but at lease make an attempt to have it different. For example, Treacherous Height's train is completely different than SG4's. I would agree that the train is not the most similar build, but the train, coupled with all the other copied builds, make this map uncreative and unoriginal.
You obviously don't understand what copying and stealing is. If I had done those things I would have just take the builds and put them on my map. Your opinion won't be swayed and that's fine. But please stop posting negatively on this page. Let me know some things I did well. All of the negative criticism is making me feel like I wasted my summer. xD Despite the similarity, this is a good map, and I hope you can see that.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You obviously don't understand what copying and stealing is. If I had done those things I would have just take the builds and put them on my map. Your opinion won't be swayed and that's fine. But please stop posting negatively on this page. Let me know some things I did well. All of the negative criticism is making me feel like I wasted my summer. xD Despite the similarity, this is a good map, and I hope you can see that.
It is a great map, just too similar to popular maps already on the servers. Perhaps you can submit it to other servers that don't use SG2 and SG4 :)

Loud

Experienced
Reaction score
I understand it was based off of SG 2 and 4, but I still wish there was more difference. The buildings seem too SG 2 style, and the map seems setup too much like SG 4. However, I'm a rather harsh map critic and I'm sure MCSG will enjoy it.
I agree with your opinion. Once again, it was based off SG2, and four, and quite different in some spots if you download it. But thanks for taking your time to leave a comment :D

Loud

Experienced
Reaction score
Hold up everyone, you say that the twin towers from sg2 that are falling, and the towers from our map our identical?
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 10.27.51 AM.png

View attachment 12518
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 10.27.39 AM.png

I just don't see it, and please correct me if I have the wrong two towers from sg 2.
And then the sewers, they are no where near alike. The sg4 sewers are, small and plain, our sewers look like this.
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 10.28.10 AM.png

And if you notice on the wall, we actually care too put detail.
the sg4 sewers.
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 10.28.21 AM.png

I just don't that major of a resemblance.
And yes again I can understand how you would think we copied the maps, but just look at how the sg2 and sg4 are, and ours. sg4, is open and very urban at one part. sg2 has tall buildings all over the place, we have two twin towers, that from what I can see, looks nothing like the ones on sg2. If I am wrong anywhere here. Please correct me.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Hold up everyone, you say that the twin towers from sg2 that are falling, and the towers from our map our identical?
View attachment 12522
View attachment 12518View attachment 12519
I just don't see it, and please correct me if I have the wrong two towers from sg 2.
And then the sewers, they are no where near alike. The sg4 sewers are, small and plain, our sewers look like this.View attachment 12520
And if you notice on the wall, we actually care too put detail.
the sg4 sewers. View attachment 12521
I just don't that major of a resemblance.
And yes again I can understand how you would think we copied the maps, but just look at how the sg2 and sg4 are, and ours. sg4, is open and very urban at one part. sg2 has tall buildings all over the place, we have two twin towers, that from what I can see, looks nothing like the ones on sg2. If I am wrong anywhere here. Please correct me.
Exactly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci