• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

StereoTypes/Bullying

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
Society has a large problem with existing stereotypes against groups of people. It will take a great deal of hard work and compromising to eliminate some of the harmful assumptions that people have created about each other. The first step in reversing or eliminating stereotypes is meeting and getting to the know the people that the stereotypes attack. A white woman will never understand that a black person does not intend to steal if she does not release the hold on her purse and extend her hand for a handshake instead. A black person will never know that not all white people are racist if he or she does not take a risk and start talking to one. People from other countries will never learn the true goals and desires of Americans without having serious conversations with them.

Human beings must expose themselves to other human beings with different ideals, values and styles. They must teach themselves that difference is not inferiority. Difference is simply difference, and it is a part of life. Once people realize that the world is full of a multitude of wonderful flavors, then stereotyping and stereotypes will fade in their frequency and significance.
http://gyazo.com/1cfc484abc7b08a2392640f4c2ff1663

Caught you plagiarizing again...

Proof here.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
who cares where he gets the information from. What he quoted is still correct. I suppose he should include the bibliography, but who cares.
Jaan I see what you say but legitimately...
It's not a matter of me "caring" because he has had a history of it in the past, it's literally the law...

If he took inspiration from the article and re wrote it, I would have no problem whatsoever. :)

VortalityMCSG

Survivor
Reaction score
It's not a matter of me "caring" because he has had a history of it in the past, it's literally the law...

If he took inspiration from the article and re wrote it, I would have no problem whatsoever. :)
ok ok ok not on dis thred plz sxy ily

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Stereotypes suck. They just plain suck, end of story.

I hear the word "Trap" used to describe me more than one can be comfortable with just because of the stereotype that people who are trans are trying to trick others. "You're not fooling anyone you trap", "If you want to trick a guy into f*cking you, you need to try a bit harder fabulous person", etc. (The worst part about these insults are that I'm not even trying to pass, I'm still presenting as a Guy/Femboy simply because I have to)

It happens to everyone. There's always some derogatory term to call someone, always a word or phrase that will crush another human being.

You've probably all seen this, but I'll link it anyway. Listening to this helps me cope with some things, helps me shed a tear for once.

Last edited:

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score

I hear the word "Trap" used to describe me more than one can be comfortable with just because of the stereotype that people who are trans are trying to trick others. "You're not fooling anyone you trap", "If you want to trick a guy into f*cking you, you need to try a bit harder fabulous person", etc. (The worst part about these insults are that I'm not even trying to pass, I'm still presenting as a guy simply because I have to)

It happens to everyone. There's always some derogatory term to call someone, always a word or phrase that will crush another human being.

You've probably all seen this, but I'll link it anyway. Listening to this helps me cope with some things, helps me shed a tear for once.
Omigod that poem is amazing. I remember reciting it once when I was first doing Open Mic Night.

VortalityMCSG

Survivor
Reaction score

I hear the word "Trap" used to describe me more than one can be comfortable with just because of the stereotype that people who are trans are trying to trick others. "You're not fooling anyone you trap", "If you want to trick a guy into f*cking you, you need to try a bit harder fabulous person", etc. (The worst part about these insults are that I'm not even trying to pass, I'm still presenting as a guy simply because I have to)

I agree I hate being discriminated because of my name :/

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
just beat the crap out of them. Solves the problem for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci