• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

So much Hate!

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
Sadly this is true. However, I usually notice in clan scrims and battles[well at least i've heard(too noobie to be in a clan :p)] and a lot of noobs(not all noobs). If you get respected in the community most of the community will like you and point you out in game(and try hard :/).Even though there will be some haters.You will also eventually get used to it.Hope I helped :3.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MLG :3

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
Our community is huge, in fact, 2.6 million players have visited our server. There will always be some bad apples in the bunch.

The Survival Games gamemode tends to be extremely competitive, for many reasons. Clans, leaderboards, and simple bragging rights all feed into the extremely competitive mentality many players share, however I assure you many players are here just for fun, myself included.

The in-game chat can sometimes be awful, and forum discussions can often go awry- there's no doubt about it, but don't let that be your first impression. Dig a little deeper into the forums, and I assure you that you will find some genuinely nice players who are here just for fun.

With such a large community, there are many personalities, all of which end up clashing, and can cause some ugly situations. The staff is doing their best to clear out the bad apples, and hopefully it will get better very soon.

The AntVenom community, to my knowledge, was a relatively small, tight-knit community, and this must be a huge change, but we are all very excited to have you guys here, and we hope that you can find the good in our community.

You can get to know people in the 'Community Corner' section, by posting, or reading some get-to-know you threads :)

If you start to get a bit more competitive, or want to get to know more people, you can check out the 'Clans and Teams' section. Despite the often high competitive levels, clans are great ways to meet new people and improve your skill :) It might even be cool to start an AntVenom clan, which can eventually branch out to other members as well :)

To sum it all up- there are some bad apples in this community, without a doubt, and unfortunately, there likely always will be, but hopefully you can look past that, and find the good in our community :)
'Bad apples' = almost everyone in the AU community and higher ranked players on the leaderboards... It really annoys me, and as an AU player... AU community is just getting worse and worse... .-. I cri.
But yeah, you'll get used to it if you wish to keep playing.
-RedMarzBarz_

Rebel_Guy

Spectator
Reaction score
'Bad apples' = almost everyone in the AU community and higher ranked players on the leaderboards... It really annoys me, and as an AU player... AU community is just getting worse and worse... .-. I cri.
But yeah, you'll get used to it if you wish to keep playing.
-RedMarzBarz_
Why is the Australian community, in particular, so bad? I'm an AU player too.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't actually play AU, and there aren't specific regions that are "worse" than others. As pretty much everyone said in the thread, it takes a while to get accustomed. It's a good idea to pop on the Teamspeak or join a clan to get yourself started. Being someone who has been apart of this community for over two years, I can assure you that you will have fun here c;

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
Well, AU rank #1 is world rank 2, and that guy is extremely cocky... :/
Then there's some other AU players who are higher on the leaderboards, who think they're 'special' because they're good at a game; it's pathetic. It could also be because the AU community is smaller than other communities (EU, US, CA, and AS was deleted due to the amount of data it was taking up and not many players log onto AS), so you just meet the same players over over and over again on these AU servers. But oh well, most of us have gotten used to it since 'LOL gg10 rekt scrub' became a trend.
-RedMarzBarz_

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, AU rank #1 is world rank 2, and that guy is extremely cocky... :/
So you're going to judge the whole AU community on a single player? Doesn't make sense to me...and I think darkai jokes around a lot lol

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
I edited that after I realised how much I derped... :p xD
So you're going to judge the whole AU community on a single player? Doesn't make sense to me...and I think darkai jokes around a lot lol
Also, if your definition of joking around is '5 teaming on someone for 50 games (literally) straight and saying 'gg10 lel rekt nub l2p scrublord' for all of those games, then ok, darkrai does joke around a lot... He played that 'joke' on me for about 50 games, and it not funny...
But yeah, I admit I seriously derped there. xD

Last edited:

Rebel_Guy

Spectator
Reaction score
To me, the Australian community seems huge. When I hit tab, my whole screen is filled with names. Lol
I've played on the server a bit just then, and everyone seems to be rather friendly. I'm quite happy about it.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
It will just take time, I usually get my friends on and play with them, but you will come across a group of people either on the forums, server, or TeamSpeak that you will get to know well.
Yeah, I guess it will just take some time for me to get used to it. Thank you for everyone's replies.
You'd be amazed how easy it is to get to known people on here. You might not find them randomly in-game all the time, but people tend to stay in specific hub to talk to eachother, or they meet up at specific times on the TS. And as a forumer you'll see some familiar names coming by in-game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci