• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Shady Hollow

Should this be added to the MCSG servers?

• Total voters

TheGamerScottie

Diamond
Reaction score
Please remove shaders from these pictures. Shaders mod can make the simpliest of dirt houses look like something Team Vareide built. The map doesn't look very outstanding in my opinion, it has nothing specially about it, really. I don't understand why every single map maker decides to use shaders in the screenshots of his/her map, that's just plain stupid. There could have been alot more detailing put into the buildings, same goes for the terraforming. The cornucopia looks decent, again, the shaders make it look ten times better than it really does.

That is my opinion on your map, not trying to sound rude, my apologies if I did sound like that.
Please, remove Shaders mod from the screenshots, please.
Oh you're A hard one to please I guess.. x)

TheGamerScottie

Diamond
Reaction score
*Sorry for double post, but I wanted to handle this comment separately. There are no shader screenshots linked at the bottom of the screenshots/videos section btw....

Also, even though you were not trying to sound rude, you managed to sound rude... Please enlighten me about the extra detail I should have put into the buildings, no offense, but comments like this should wait until the download link is out. Because if you were able to look closely, you would notice that there is tons of detail, no wall was left blank. As for terraforming, I am not sure what I could have done differently, but then again, this is a comment that should wait until the download link is available.

Your comments about the shaders I agree with. That is why I linked the no shader shots. I put the shader screenshots up b/c I was trying to make good first impressions by showing people something that looks better than the actual thing. But, just because the shader screenshots look better doesn't mean that (and I quote) "it has nothing special about it", "doesn't look very outstanding", "looks like a dirt house", etc...

Your comment as a whole was just rude and not thought out. Your detail comment was false, and the shaders screenshots shouldn't be your reason for voting no.
BURRRNNNNN

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
hmmmm, id love a whole map overview/ariel view, but I gotta love this over Zone 85! I think you two are both really talented builders!
Thanks, means a lot! :D
I hope staff looks into this.
Me too! :D
Oh you're A hard one to please I guess.. x)
BURRRNNNNN
Most definitely.
No reason to carry that little mishap on anymore. I am glad that he left his opinion (at least he spent the time to tell me what he didn't like.) I was only mad at how he did it. But anyhow, it is over now. :p

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I actually really like this map tbh. I see some nice pvp areas, good looking structures and buildings, some nice terraforming.

The only issue I have is what a few other have stated. A couple of the structures are very similar to some of the maps on mcsg. Especially SG4. The construction zones are a lot like sg4 and the train station/subway thing is a lot like holiday resort. Other than those 2 things tho, the bridge is nice, the church is great. Corn looks good for pvp.

This would be better than like.. the last 6 maps mcsg has put through.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I actually really like this map tbh. I see some nice pvp areas, good looking structures and buildings, some nice terraforming.

The only issue I have is what a few other have stated. A couple of the structures are very similar to some of the maps on mcsg. Especially SG4. The construction zones are a lot like sg4 and the train station/subway thing is a lot like holiday resort. Other than those 2 things tho, the bridge is nice, the church is great. Corn looks good for pvp.

This would be better than like.. the last 6 maps mcsg has put through.
Thanks for taking the time to leave a response! :)

Just for clarification, by no way were we attempting to copy structures on other maps. The train station is actually much different in its design (layout is similar though), and the construction zones are not meant to appear to be copied; we have different crane and vehicles (bull dozers, etc) than sg4/highway and the frame of the building cannot be done too many different ways (probably why it looks similar to you). Just thought I'd shoot a little counter argument back at you. xD

Teaches

Diamond
Reaction score
Msg me, I have an important question to ask you.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to leave a response! :)

Just for clarification, by no way were we attempting to copy structures on other maps. The train station is actually much different in its design (layout is similar though), and the construction zones are not meant to appear to be copied; we have different crane and vehicles (bull dozers, etc) than sg4/highway and the frame of the building cannot be done too many different ways (probably why it looks similar to you). Just thought I'd shoot a little counter argument back at you. xD
I understand :p just saying we all notice some simularities :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci