• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SGClassic Is Dieing - Ways To Resurrect

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
As we all know, SGClassic has seen a major decline in players. Enough that getting 1 game in per day is lucky. It used to be that you could find at least 1 game with 15-20 online, but now it's 3 in one lobby and 4 in another and that's just about it. MCSG V1 has been a big part of my MCSG life since the beginning, and I don't want that to disappear. I balanced my time on SGC, MCSG, and QQ for a while, and SGClassic fell apart at the end of the summer. It has on average around 4 people online in the afternoons since school started. I do not want to see this gametype removed from the servers, so let's see what we can do to get it to gain more publicity.

Step 1. Fix the Current Problems
SGClassic has had problems since the beginning, that I've been trying to get fixed for AGES! It seems like SGC has been pushed aside by the staff, and when ChadTheDJ said when SGC was released "We won't be updating this much so we can keep the V1 feel" I was like, yeah okay I understand where you are coming from. But later, I was angry that that was their excuse for not updating it. Making a plugin function properly
is a big part of its survival, and SGC does not function properly.

Problem 1: SG2 and SG3 tiers are broken. SG2 has only a few chests that were even tiered to begin with! Everything else is just plain broke. Every chest has the same old items every game, and it's always just a rush to the pink house because it has 2 diamonds in it, whoever gets that wins. There is only 1 other diamond on the map. Corn is always random like it should be, as well as a few tier 1 chests. SG3 has its own problem with tiers. It only has 8 tier 2s in the whole map: Corn. Don't just say 'oh well you just haven't found them yet' THERE AREN'T ANY! PERIOD. I know SG3 like the back of my hand, I have chest routes on 48 and 120 that are so OP because nobody else knows them. The maps just need tiered! It's not that hard!

Problem 2: Voting is wrong. Every 30 seconds it says the maps and how many votes it has, and then 0/12 skipvotes received. You can't do /skip, and if you did, it would bring up the same maps, so it doesn't even need to be in there, it's just misleading (oh yeah that's a rule, not to mislead people). To add to that, when you did your one and only update, you added raffle voting to SGC, which was NOT in V1, so it should NOT be in a V1 plugin. You can't slip this by the community, we've noticed it, we just never brought it to your attention, and we weren't happy when we saw SG2 had 10 votes and SG3 had 2 and SG3 won...

Step 2: Advertise Non-MCSG Gametypes
Yeah, yeah, we know, MCSG is your most popular gametype. Well you know what? People might actually play QQ or SGC if they knew it existed. I was in a MCSG server and asked if anyone wanted to go play Quarter Quell, and they responded with "what's that?". They may have glanced at it when they first joined the server, but wanted to try the game they came here for: MCSG. People say that the MGamer community is falling apart, with the GG10 R3kd n0bs. Well, that's just in MCSG. SGC and QQ tend to not have these problems. Maybe if you players looked around a little, you'd notice this. Don't quit MCGamer because of it, quit MCSG. The QQ or SGC communities are always welcoming to players new to the gametype. The AVN merge is perfect for this, the AVN players may not want to play MCSG, but want to find some good in this merge, well show them that there's more to this MCGamer community than just MCSG. If people knew about this kind of stuff, they would at least try it!

Step 3: Adapt the Server Count
The final step would be to adapt the amount of servers on SGC. Right now it has 28. That is too many for the community size. Quarter Quell is MORE popular and has LESS servers. Where is the logic in that? You are wasting money on SGC servers that you don't need to be paying for. Use the server box for something else. If advertising makes these servers full 24/7, then you can think about adding more. If 10/15 servers are in game 24/7 then you can keep it the way it is. I just think that 7 or 14 or however many servers a box runs, is enough for SGC, we would accept 4 with the size of the current SGC community. The amount of servers that SGC has is not only annoying, it spreads out the players. 28 servers is a lot to look at. If I want to play, I could easily miss the lobby with 11 people and join one with 0 because I thought nobody was on. This makes us have up to 3 or 4 servers with 8-10 players and none of them will start. Adapting the server count will help the SGC community in more ways than one.

I'm done being Mr Nice Guy. I've tried to be a good representative for the SGClassic community, I've tried to get a voice going for us, but it's not working. So here's the deal MCGamer: Fix it or I'm done. I am sick and tired of playing on servers that are broken and neglected. This is your last chance to prove that you care about SGClassic, because if it doesn't happen soon, it will completely die. I've hinted it in moderator applications, I've talked about it multiple times on bug reports, I've sent PMs to staff members about it, I've tried talking about it on SGC Discussion, but nothing is working. So this is the end. For me and for SGClassic, if this doesn't change, we both leave the community permanently. I remember asking Dave if he was concerned about how SGClassic was struggling, and his response was "I don't answer that kind of question." You can be secretive, but do you just gave me the impression that you never cared about it and just won't say it. You could have easily said 'Yes, we are aware that SGC is struggling, but can't reveal any information about what we are going to do about it.' That there could have changed my entire look on how the staff feels about the Survival Games Classic gametype. But right now, everything you've ever said or done to SGC can be used against MCGamer because it's been said or done in a wrong or negative way. Right now it looks like SGClassic is neglected by the Staff Team, and as soon as it was created, was left out in the cold. The one update it had, was just to raise our hopes, and to let them be crushed again. Adding maps didn't make us feel any better. You ignored our plea to fix the current maps, not add new ones with more problems! I don't like bagging on the staff team, because they do a lot of good stuff, but they seem to look at this area of the network as if it were the ghetto part of town. I'm done asking, I'm telling you: Fix It.
I'm sure these people will agree with me that SGC needs updates or it's done for.

trevinator2011 - Fellow representative, we stand together one last time.
Alpha - Even though you don't play anymore, you still know what I'm talking about.
mikag35 - These are the reasons you left SGC, as well as others, and I know you won't be coming back, but at least back me up?
Scykic - I know you were active on SGC for a long time, but I don't know if you still are, just tell them that I'm not the only one here.
Lovelights - Even though you're not a part of SGC anymore, and you weren't on there that long, you were still very influential in the community.
DoUEvenShift - It's been forever since you've been on there, but you know what I'm talking about, and it's about SGC, so you've gotta be tagged.
Deliciousfruit1 - You know every bit of my pain.

This is it. This may be the end.
~Gecko

trevinator2011

Tribute
Reaction score
No response yet? Wow... That's a surprise I'd thought a moderator or Sr.Mod would've replied by now. But anyways SGC does need to be fixed like Geco said but it won't happen Mcsg has gotten "lazy" I guess. When I came back from my break (10 months) I was in awe of how donors have become like pc elitists (look it up if you don't know what an elitist is) calling people scrubs,noobs,fabulous persons,peasants,etc. I myself have been called these false statements but the only reason the staff say nothing about it is they're donors. Mcsg relies on people who have donated in the past to donate now because it's so expensive to "donate". But in all fix your sh*t Mcsg before you end up like the Nexus or The Fridge.

bridgedragon

Diamond
Reaction score
Their so focused with everything else, that they haven't noticed how broken SGC is. Basically, if it's not going to die, they need to fix it. But it's like they don't care.

trevinator2011

Tribute
Reaction score
All of SGC stands together with you Gecko and I know for sure they do! Do something MCGamer no scratch that MCSG! You were so good in 2013 and 2012 what happened? I know what did you became like the Hive and The Nexus. Just fix your crap and maybe you'll have older players who have quit come back maybe I don't know. But I leave a little bit of advice for any staff, noobies, and asshole donors. Prince: “Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time and can tell you they are wrong. Time is like an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I am and why I say this. Sit down, and I will tell you a tale like none that you have ever heard.”

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I fully support this I probably would come back if these changes were made but the reality is MCSG doesn't operate like that. They're not gonna bother fixing it because they don't think enough people care. I'll bet people would start playing if they changed it to be like the more modern MCSGv1 of like January 2013.

Slqme

Survivor
Reaction score
You go girl! I always wanted to play SGC so that I could get a bit of nostalgia, but I can't ever join a server, because no-ones playing it. I suppose in a way its a spiral effect. I.e. No-one plays it because no-one plays it.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
I wish SGClassic was populated enough to be played ;-; I've had a fetish for the older maps recently, I attempted to go on SGClassic. Surprise, no one's on... I just go on 48 player servers which tend to have older maps, yet there is the same issue: not enough people play them ;-; I don't think it is a problem with publicity, people just don't want to play SGClassic: they only want to play fast-paced PvP oriented maps that, to be honest get boring after a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci