• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

RidgeVille

Do you think this should be added??

• Yes, It looks amazing!

Votes: 56 75.7%
  • No, it's boring and nobody will play it.

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters

DomoWizard111

Tribute
Reaction score
I forgot to add this, but it's way to small in my opinion it looks better for a PVP mini-game then being a arena for survival games, sorry.

FlyingMammalMan

Survivor
Reaction score
Looks ok but after downloading here is what I found could be improved :) :
I'm not sure the buildings in this map are up to the high quality MCSG is looking for they are too flat and lack real detail both on the inside and on the outside. This along with the poor terraforming doesn't make the map look very appealing.
Now to the gameplay, the map is mostly flat which does not make for good pvp as you stated, it infact makes it worse by lessening the combat possibilities i.e. using hight, water and other feature to gain key advantages in combat and chases. This means almost all combat plays out the same and can become a bit too repetitive.
Also the map is too small, SG4 was about 200 radius where as this is only 300 diameter!
The buildings can be improved and the map expanded; so I hope you do that and despite my opinion on the flatness of the map it still could be in with a good chance of being accepted. :)

M

MrKorrenian

Looks ok but after downloading here is what I found could be improved :) :
I'm not sure the buildings in this map are up to the high quality MCSG is looking for they are too flat and lack real detail both on the inside and on the outside. This along with the poor terraforming doesn't make the map look very appealing.
Now to the gameplay, the map is mostly flat which does not make for good pvp as you stated, it infact makes it worse by lessening the combat possibilities i.e. using hight, water and other feature to gain key advantages in combat and chases. This means almost all combat plays out the same and can become a bit too repetitive.
Also the map is too small, SG4 was about 200 radius where as this is only 300 diameter!
The buildings can be improved and the map expanded; so I hope you do that and despite my opinion on the flatness of the map it still could be in with a good chance of being accepted. :)
I'll talk to Nova about the buildings and terrain but I do want to visit the size. If i'm correct this is just about as big as Moonlight Lake ( Maybe bigger or smaller). I agree the buildings could use a bit more detail. The flat terrain is a weird thing , but the map has cities, towns and things of that kind. I just simply don't see where else rugged terrain could be added.

Edit : The map size could be changed, but that would require the current glass dome to be removed, and a new one to be created. Possible but it would be a giant hassle.

FlyingMammalMan

Survivor
Reaction score
I'll talk to Nova about the buildings and terrain but I do want to visit the size. If i'm correct this is just about as big as Moonlight Lake ( Maybe bigger or smaller). I agree the buildings could use a bit more detail. The flat terrain is a weird thing , but the map has cities, towns and things of that kind. I just simply don't see where else rugged terrain could be added.

Edit : The map size could be changed, but that would require the current glass dome to be removed, and a new one to be created. Possible but it would be a giant hassle.
About the terrain I agree it can't really be changed but that was more for perhaps your next map ( if you intend to do one) as the buildings really need to be built around solid terraforming and of course you can't just go and rebuild your map. :) On the dome if it is really the size of ML 1 then don't bother changing yours though if its smaller I really would suggest increasing it.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the buildings. :)

M

MrKorrenian

About the terrain I agree it can't really be changed but that was more for perhaps your next map ( if you intend to do one) as the buildings really need to be built around solid terraforming and of course you can't just go and rebuild your map. :) On the dome if it is really the size of ML 1 then don't bother changing yours though if its smaller I really would suggest increasing it.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the buildings. :)
I tried looking for the size of ML1 and it doesn't say. In comparison they look about the same size.

xNovaXHDx

Career
Reaction score
EDIT: Have Put More Detail Into All The Buildings. Added more land/made it so not all area's are flat. Added Traps, and Made the Tunnels and Train station Abandoned.

Slater

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There. To let all of you guys know that like the map, i have moved all of the chests in to better places. I have also added some secrets, and a lot of parkour. Hope you guys enjoy!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
There. To let all of you guys know that like the map, i have moved all of the chests in to better places. I have also added some secrets, and a lot of parkour. Hope you guys enjoy!
plz i phan :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci