• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Revamped /disguise command!

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wow, cool system! I think I'm going to like this Development blog section :D

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
Actually, they do as lots players get targeted because of their rank and also depending by the person/situation. We get complaints about harassment from other players/clans as they stalk them game by game killing them first. We don't feel that this is a game changer, but can help people enjoy the game again if they choose to mask themselves.
Well, if thats what makes the players happy and allows them to enjoy the servers more, then I'm all for it!

Touching on the clan battle issues with this command. The official clan battle servers will have this command disabled. Normal MCSG servers, it will remain on. We can set up specific servers like us/eu100 or something that disables this command to help with the user ran tournaments.
This would solve the problem for clan wars between the US and CA clans as they favour larger 8v8 games and having a server soely for them would be fine.

On EU its a different story however as we prefer 4v4's or 3v3s and having a server with only 6/8 players, it just wouldn't work as well.
Thats why I think the clan battle server wouldn't be used much on the EU and clan battles would remain how they are presently.
Philly67 what I don't get is what is the difference between having a disguised player in the clan battle and having an alt? it's effectively the same thing if you don't know what their alt name is...
But yeah, problems :eek:
You're right, they're effectively the same thing, however.. they are both breaking rules and we already have the problem with clans using alts, this would be an extra thing to have to worry about
Aww. What about those people who get targeted because they're youtubers but don't have enough for VIP and no rank?
They don't get the same level of targeting someone like Tomahawk or Blamph would get..
The people who target them are solely their to ruin their recordings due to them being jealous of their success.

Last edited:

silvah777

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm getting rather disappointed seeing all these features added to MCSG, but MCTF2 isn't even out, and it's over a week overdue.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
Philly67 what I don't get is what is the difference between having a disguised player in the clan battle and having an alt? it's effectively the same thing if you don't know what their alt name is...
But yeah, problems :eek:
Especially when an alt is 30 bucks and D-Donor is 75,
Meaning if you use an alt to ruin clan battles, you save money and can't get caught:p

I think that gold donors should get the same /disguise as diamond donors.
NO. It's only for rich people. /s

Last edited:

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
People actually go that far to ruin clan battles, that's kinda sad.
Id love to see some "Clan Only" servers, where somehow only players in part of a team/clan could fight, without randoms joining... For me, not being in a clan, It would help avoid joining games where theres already 2 clans in the lobby who I probably can't beat solo, and I doubt they like me intruding on their battles:)

neoncookies1

Platinum
Reaction score
I've already discussed this with fellow clan owners and its going to be abused heavily.
Having their players playing on alts to enhance their teams chances of winning.

There are also other ways of abusing such as disguising yourself to target others that may not of wanted you in the games to begin with.

I like what you've done Forairan but it still needs some tweaking.

I think it should only be available for friend rank and higher as donors don't really get targeted anymore now that we have lifetime donorships.

Thoughts?

Also, how will it work for catching hackers?
Say if I'm recording someone.. post the evidence.. how will moderator know who to ban?
Lol thats what i was thinking about xDD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci