• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Requiem [Complete]

After downloading and looking around, what is your opinion of the map?

• Looks great! I'd recommend it for use on the servers.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Looks promising, but still needs some work.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Not a fan at all.

Votes: 11 15.5%

• Total voters

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
Chad likes it, therefore you have gained eternal immortality.
I know :eek: I feel like I should take a screenshot.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, I greatly appreciate it. Even from the person who is not a fan.

I'm exposing my noobness a little bit with this next question, but when the chests are filled are they automatically filled through a script? If so, is there any way to control what items are placed in the chests from pre-made lists etc?

Ideally this map would favor ranged combat over melee combat, but I'm not sure if the server has the ability to specify map-specific item sets. If you really like I can fill them all by hand myself, but that won't happen for a while, and I didn't want to devote many hours of my time to filling chests if they were going to be automatically overwritten.

Also, what is the best way to designate tier 2 chests? Right now they are double chests, but from looking around other people have placed single diamonds inside.

Thanks again.

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
Very nice, would love less water though.
The water is a bit of a problem - I like the fact that it emphasizes use of the skybridges for getting from place to place quickly, but I hear that water fighting is a pain in the ass. If ranged combat can be emphasized then the water will be more of a deathtrap than an escape route (good luck dodging arrows while swimming), if not, then the outer ring of land will allow players to cut off swimmers in theory.

If the water remains a major issue I'll revisit in Voxel and raise up a few more islands for good measure. The current ratio of land to water is visually appealing for me, but I don't want it to detract from gameplay.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
The water is a bit of a problem - I like the fact that it emphasizes use of the skybridges for getting from place to place quickly, but I hear that water fighting is a pain in the ass. If ranged combat can be emphasized then the water will be more of a deathtrap than an escape route (good luck dodging arrows while swimming), if not, then the outer ring of land will allow players to cut off swimmers in theory.

If the water remains a major issue I'll revisit in Voxel and raise up a few more islands for good measure. The current ratio of land to water is visually appealing for me, but I don't want it to detract from gameplay.
Water fights are often a pain, but instead of lakes you might can have it as thicker rivers so the water fights are there but often temporarily unlike Breeze Island. Love your work, would love to see more if possible.

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
Water fights are often a pain, but instead of lakes you might can have it as thicker rivers so the water fights are there but often temporarily unlike Breeze Island. Love your work, would love to see more if possible.
Thanks, I appreciate it :) . In the past I've worked on much smaller arenas (usually 150 x 150 square dimensions) which are a bit more my speed since they take considerably less time and I don't feel like I'm stretching the build out too far. I understand now why most people build these things in teams, but my chaotic schedule makes building in a groups a waste of time.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate it :) . In the past I've worked on much smaller arenas (usually 150 x 150 square dimensions) which are a bit more my speed since they take considerably less time and I don't feel like I'm stretching the build out too far. I understand now why most people build these things in teams, but my chaotic schedule makes building in a groups a waste of time.
If your schedule changes, I'd love to see you in Team Elite.

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
Update 05/23/13 - Added two example chests at the corn labeled as tier 1 and tier 2 - inside the chests are example distributions of items in the chests. If this is far too much of a hassle don't bother, and I'll use them as a template for setting up chests myself for use elsewhere.

Added windows to the central Relic to make it less gloomy.

Added lots more landmass and bridges with a few additional structures.

Added a few basic redstone contraptions and secrets.

Marked suggested tier 2 chests with a single diamond inside - there are about 16 outside of the corn distributed evenly across the structures.

Added non-shaded screenshots to the original post.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Update 05/23/13 - Added two example chests at the corn labeled as tier 1 and tier 2 - inside the chests are example distributions of items in the chests. If this is far too much of a hassle don't bother, and I'll use them as a template for setting up chests myself for use elsewhere.

Added windows to the central Relic to make it less gloomy.

Added lots more landmass and bridges with a few additional structures.

Added a few basic redstone contraptions and secrets.

Marked suggested tier 2 chests with a single diamond inside - there are about 16 outside of the corn distributed evenly across the structures.

Added non-shaded screenshots to the original post.
If you want any advanced redstone I can help if you wish

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
If you want any advanced redstone I can help if you wish
That would be great! Any ideas? If you like we could work iteratively on the map (both download a copy, you add redstone devices, I copy-paste the schematics into the current version and merge the two copies), or you can add it to a server if that is more ideal. Up to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci