• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Requiem [Complete]

After downloading and looking around, what is your opinion of the map?

• Looks great! I'd recommend it for use on the servers.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Looks promising, but still needs some work.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Not a fan at all.

Votes: 11 15.5%

• Total voters

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
Withdrawn for now. Original post in the spoiler.​
Requiem
by Guinessis (Team SoloWalrus?)​
Information:
  • Authors: Guinessis
  • Player Count: 24
  • Radius: 275 blocks
  • DL: PM for link.
Features:
  • Multiple complex structures combining the ancient relics with newly constructed villages nestled inside.
  • Three rings: Inner Structure, Central Lakes, Outer Forest. Each are connected by paths and skybridges.
  • Emphasis on y-axis gameplay and ranged combat.
  • All 250 chests are pre-filled with enchanted items, lore, and custom potions for your enjoyment.
  • 7 focal "Relics", each with their own unique items. 5 are obvious, 2 are hidden.
  • Whimsical storyline with hidden chambers and items.
  • Meta-game requiring control of four points on the island for access to the final relic.
  • Completely custom and highly-detailed forest.
  • All landmarks are connected and clear directions are provided via signposts. Players should be able to easily communicate their locations with their teammates.
Story:
This massive floating island was home to groups of pilgrims in decades past. These pilgrims set up their homes inside the ancient structures and built shrines to the floating relics that imbued the island with its strange properties. The land flourished and the people were prosperous.​
This continued for many years until one day the shades of Requiem rose up and infected the inhabitants. Those that were able to make it to the ships escaped safely, and those left behind have since vanished, their tales untold.​
Now you and your fellow combatants have arrived. Whoever unlocks the mysteries of the island will gain considerable advantage over their opponents. Keep your eyes open and watch your step.​
Meta-Game:

While standard rules apply, players will also compete to light the four beacons at the four cardinal directions of the island (North-South-East-West). If all four beacons are lit simultaneously, a passage to the final chamber will open. Since other players may also extinguish the beacons, some strategy and cooperation will be required to access the final Relic.
Chests:
If you download the map, you'll note that the chests contain a lot of unorthodox gear. These items are there for fun, and I don't expect MCSG staff to leave them in. If they want to leave them I certainly won't mind ;) but the abundance of infinity bows and perma-potions may be a bit imbalanced.

There are some chests that are there as decorations and contain largely useless items such as the shops in the central structure. If you use random loot, you may want to remove a few of these to keep the chest distribution balanced.

If chests are problematic, notify me and I'll upload a more traditional version (empty chests).

Youtube?

I don't have recording software, so no fancy amazing video today. If anyone feels the urge to make one, send me the link and I'll include it here!

Screenshots:
Chunky Overview:
Shaded:

View from the lake

Inside the Harbor town.

Paths through the forest.

Keep an eye out for underground secrets. Watch your step!

Who knows what is hidden in the DocWalrus estates?

Unshaded:

Looking towards the central structure from the outer forest.

Aerial view of the three rings.

Abandoned and overgrown harbor town.

Cornucopia at the top of the central structure.

Boardwalk along the outer edge of the massive floating island.

Light all four beacons without interference and gain access to the final chamber for the best gear in the map. Good luck, you'll need it!

Trivia:

The central arena is derived from a build in minecraft classic.

This was then updated to premium a few years later.

Which was then converted to a small SG map, and has been substantially overhauled since!

Conclusion:
Hope you enjoy! I've sunk way too many hours into tweaking the map, so I plan on taking a break for a while. However, if you feel that the map would benefit from a few changes, please contact me and odds are I'd be happy to address the problems.

The poll is still open of course, but please provide feedback with your rating. Otherwise it's a bit pointless, as I can't exactly change the offending aspects if you don't tell me what they are.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Nice! :D I think the pedestals should have half slabs though, like all the other SG maps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci