• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Rebellion's District

Would you like this map to be on the official MCSG Servers?

• Yes

Votes: 200 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 60 23.1%

• Total voters

Loudv2

Survivor
Reaction score
Fix, the lag. Other then that. Its so beautiful, it reminds me of the 12 districts and the hunger games which is a good thing. :p

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
I remember looking at this a long time ago in the maps in progress section, and I was like, meh, I dunno. But now, I'm... I'm actually lost for words. This map has been extremely well built, so from that point of view I congratulate you. But, as has been said, I am kinda wondering how any PvP is going to happen. Fix that up and you'll be doing great.

TheParrot

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Very Good! It looks very well built, and looks like an actual arena that would be in the hunger games.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Joel's Map Review
First off, I'd like to say congratulations to Sanders for completing this map. I've been aware of this map for almost a year, and it's crazy to think it's finally done. I give you mad props for sticking with one project for so long and not just giving up. Now, for the actual review there will be four categories: terraforming, builds, theme/execution, and miscellaneous thoughts. Without further ado, lets get in to it!

Miscellaneous Thoughts
This might seem like an odd choice to be the first topic discussed, but I assure you it is with good reason. I chose this topic first so I could tell you straight away the biggest problem with this map: the lag. I'm not talking about basic framerate lag (although there was a little on this map), I'm talking about lag that randomly makes my very good computer go to 0 frames a second. This lag that literally froze my computer could only be solved by completely restarting mc. Fortunately, I was able to do a good look-around of the map before this started happening too much, but when trying to get screenshots it became unbearable. That's why there are only screenshots for the terraforming category and some of the builds category, because I was literally unable to get pictures of anything else.
My main other miscellaneous thought about this map is the size and how it effects the map's chances of getting accepted. Quite honestly, I think this map is too big to be a 24 man map. It's basically two maps in one (with the above and underground areas), so I don't think it's fit for only 24 people. I highly recommend you modify it to be a 48 player map so that it has a better chance of getting accepted.
Terraforming
The terraforming on this map is basic and clean. The main purpose of it is to create a barrier around the map, and it does its job perfectly fine. The only breaks in the terraforming are this waterfall and a few small caves (some cleverly leading down into the underground half of the map). The only terraforming away from the barrier of the map is a hill with a cool little cove under it. Besides this, there really isn't much terraforming on this map. Overall the terraforming on this map is pretty basic, but well done nonetheless.

Builds
Unlike the terraforming on this map, the builds are anything but basic. They start off well on the surface with cool aircraft that match up very nicely to some of the descriptions of aircraft in the Hunger Games books. The rest of the destroyed above ground area is not only well designed but very detailed. None of the destroyed buildings have much "wow" factor, but each one is unique and clearly has had time put into it. I'd safely say this is one of the best destroyed cities I have had the pleasure to check out.
You know how I said that none of the above ground builds had much "wow" factor, well that's a lot different underground. After seeing a couple of the large rooms undeground, I started to turn every corner expecting something even more amazing and spectacular. I was not disappointed. You built something in minecraft that I have never seen before - an underground city that truly has the scale and vastness of a real city. Unfortunately, since I am unable to take screenshots I can't show my favorite rooms, but lets just say all of them impressed me. There was only one hiccup in the entire underground area: the green screen room had one wall randomly covered with paintings and what appeared to be a poor attempt at ladder parkour. Other than this one room though, the underground area is breathtaking; the aboveground area is well done; and combined they make an incredibly well built map.

Theme/Execution
As good as the builds in this map are, the theme and how you executed it are easily the best part of the map. You describe this map as District 13, and it certainly lives up to the name. It has the bombed aboveground with the famous smoldering Capitol building in the background. It has a full-fledged modern underground city, with huge nuclear reactors showing the power District 13 still has. It's all so well done and true to the books that I fear the upcoming HG movies will represent District 13 disappointingly in comparison to what you have built.

Final Thoughts
This map is amazing plain and simple. Unfortunately, all the detail that makes it so good is what causes the lag that I fear will make this map unplayable for so many people. Even if that is the case though, don't let anyone take away from you the fact that you made a damn near perfect District 13 in MineCraft.
9/10
Edit: Here's a video showing how I go down to 0 frames randomly (start watching at 2:30)

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Joel's Map Review
First off, I'd like to say congratulations to Sanders for completing this map. I've been aware of this map for almost a year, and it's crazy to think it's finally done. I give you mad props for sticking with one project for so long and not just giving up. Now, for the actual review there will be four categories: terraforming, builds, theme/execution, and miscellaneous thoughts. Without further ado, lets get in to it!

Miscellaneous Thoughts
This might seem like an odd choice to be the first topic discussed, but I assure you it is with good reason. I chose this topic first so I could tell you straight away the biggest problem with this map: the lag. I'm not talking about basic framerate lag (although there was a little on this map), I'm talking about lag that randomly makes my very good computer go to 0 frames a second. This lag that literally froze my computer could only be solved by completely restarting mc. Fortunately, I was able to do a good look-around of the map before this started happening too much, but when trying to get screenshots it became unbearable. That's why there are only screenshots for the terraforming category and some of the builds category, because I was literally unable to get pictures of anything else.
My main other miscellaneous thought about this map is the size and how it effects the map's chances of getting accepted. Quite honestly, I think this map is too big to be a 24 man map. It's basically two maps in one (with the above and underground areas), so I don't think it's fit for only 24 people. I highly recommend you modify it to be a 48 player map so that it has a better chance of getting accepted.
Terraforming
The terraforming on this map is basic and clean. The main purpose of it is to create a barrier around the map, and it does its job perfectly fine. The only breaks in the terraforming are this waterfall and a few small caves (some cleverly leading down into the underground half of the map). The only terraforming away from the barrier of the map is a hill with a cool little cove under it. Besides this, there really isn't much terraforming on this map. Overall the terraforming on this map is pretty basic, but well done nonetheless.

Builds
Unlike the terraforming on this map, the builds are anything but basic. They start off well on the surface with cool aircraft that match up very nicely to some of the descriptions of aircraft in the Hunger Games books. The rest of the destroyed above ground area is not only well designed but very detailed. None of the destroyed buildings have much "wow" factor, but each one is unique and clearly has had time put into it. I'd safely say this is one of the best destroyed cities I have had the pleasure to check out.
You know how I said that none of the above ground builds had much "wow" factor, well that's a lot different underground. After seeing a couple of the large rooms undeground, I started to turn every corner expecting something even more amazing and spectacular. I was not disappointed. You built something in minecraft that I have never seen before - an underground city that truly has the scale and vastness of a real city. Unfortunately, since I am unable to take screenshots I can't show my favorite rooms, but lets just say all of them impressed me. There was only one hiccup in the entire underground area: the green screen room had one wall randomly covered with paintings and what appeared to be a poor attempt at ladder parkour. Other than this one room though, the underground area is breathtaking; the aboveground area is well done; and combined they make an incredibly well built map.

Theme/Execution
As good as the builds in this map are, the theme and how you executed it are easily the best part of the map. You describe this map as District 13, and it certainly lives up to the name. It has the bombed aboveground with the famous smoldering Capitol building in the background. It has a full-fledged modern underground city, with huge nuclear reactors showing the power District 13 still has. It's all so well done and true to the books that I fear the upcoming HG movies will represent District 13 disappointingly in comparison to what you have built.

Final Thoughts
This map is amazing plain and simple. Unfortunately, all the detail that makes it so good is what causes the lag that I fear will make this map unplayable for so many people. Even if that is the case though, don't let anyone take away from you the fact that you made a damn near perfect District 13 in MineCraft.
9/10
Edit: Here's a video showing how I go down to 0 frames randomly (start watching at 2:30)
Couldn't have said it better myself. Easily one of the best hunger games maps of all time. It may not get much support because so many people are obsessed with pvp, but this is what a hunger games map should look like. Very well done.

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
I love it. Sure it's big, and sure it favors underground tunnels and tight structures over large plots of flat land, but it's good to diversify things now and then. This map leans more towards the original survival/exploration aspect of the survival games rather than the more popular pvp-centric maps, which may mean it won't be incredibly popular but I think it really deserves a slot on the servers.

Regarding frame rate issues, it didn't run incredibly smoothly on my poor laptop, but it fared better than some of the recent additions (Horus, Memories of Earth). A few edits to reduce the level of detail here and there may be a good idea - I know it's painful, but incredible looking overly-detailed maps tend to all suffer the same underplayed fate.

My biggest complaint are the fancy piston doors. These are always laggy and will frustrate players to no end, especially if they are running away from another player. Keep them in a separate version for players to explore, but I really recommend either reducing them or removing them entirely for the mcsg servers.

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
I have no words for the comments I read over the past few days, you guys dont even know. (I wish I could like most of them twise).
Anyway, I have been testing and trying many things on map to, reduce lagg, and most of the things kinda worked. I know some detail has to go, but apart from that I feel bad for al the people with crazy lag out there. I will continue to search for causes.

Cya!

E

Ephiza

reminds me of eye of horus, combined with Fallen Empire v2 right now. Doesn't look to great. I just don't like the desert theme ;-;

J

Joel/MadDawg

reminds me of eye of horus, combined with Fallen Empire v2 right now. Doesn't look to great. I just don't like the desert theme ;-;
Take the time to download the map and read the map description. DON'T base your opinion off of screenshots that can't even show properly half of the map.

ItsMac

Survivor
Reaction score
hehe, I Know about the lagg thing...
I'm working one the PvP space right now, soon i'll make a lighter version of the map, with less leaves, stairs, slabs etc.
ot. The land seems flat and
EDIT:

It will... Thanks!
Dude.... This map is like the best thing since Valleyside University! This map actually looks fine for PVP in every screenshot. The map looks absolutely amazing! Did you have help from other builders that you did not mention? Because that is a LOT of work!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci