• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Optifine. Hack or no hack?

Viikkttor

Tribute
Reaction score
I believe they specifically said that optifine was fair, which is definitely the right decision. I have it installed to boost performance, I don't need or use the zoom feature so it doesn't give me an unfair advantage over anyone.
Same here.
But i admit i use the zoom when spectating.
I don't think that gives me an advantage sins im dead.

Rage

Survivor
Reaction score
I like optifine, it reduce my huge lag, but i don't think zoom doesn't help that much.

_priceys_

Spectator
Reaction score
I think this is an awesome mod and should not be un permitted who cares if they can zoom you could if you had it!

Rage

Survivor
Reaction score
And i use far view, so its not really even helping if use ZOOM.

littlebiscuitz

Tribute
Reaction score
i cant really see how 1 small zoom feature is going to make u a uberl33thacz0r all it does is possibly make you see someone from a distance

Artemis

Spectator
Reaction score
The 'Zoom' feature of Optifine actually gives an advantage to users. I can spot players I normally couldn't see without it. Though a majority of players use it, I suggest people not to use the 'Zoom' feature if you have installed it. It just isn't fair, in my opinion.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would call this "grey area". It is something other than vanilla but not much of a character performance.

Koala

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, I usually only use my Zoom in the cornocopia to find my friends C:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci